don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So you can go to the left from the start? Interesting, I wasn't aware of that. Similarly, if you time it just right in Sky Fortress Act 3, you can use Tails to fly you up to a 1 up monitor hidden at the way top (You literally have to jump and fly right when the title card goes away, or else Tails will get tired before you reach it).

I wonder why Sega's been so quiet about the game these past few weeks. Ya I know it's been leaked, but that didn't stop their trolling trickle down PR theory last time that happened, and it happened on a much more dramatic scale last time (This time around people have been pretty civil)

2. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    That font simply copied the latin characters from ITC Bold. Look at the Design date: 1994 vs 1970.

Old ews for me. The 1st time I got the beta I mistakenly activated the combo thing and ended up gaining the life hahah.

3. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Wait. Timeout. Level Editor? My interest is peaked.

4. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Don't know if anyone's interested, but I uploaded some Super Sonic gameplay in the first act.

Among other things, I find it highly amusing that you can give yourself rings during cutscenes in the beta.

5. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
  6. LevelSelect

LevelSelect

How does the extra life reward at the end of the act work? Is it like the first episode where they just hand it out for a score of 10,000 or more?

7. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Indeed it does, which means you better get used to your life counter looking like this:
    [​IMG]

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Honestly I found this game was much harder to harvest lives then Episode 1. In addition to that game being simple, it gave out lives like candy. If it weren't for the "here's 99 rings" button, I would not have all the lives I have.

9. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    That's one of my favorite features from EP2!

HAHAHAHHA

Shame it'll be removed XD.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Not gonna lie, it's one of my favorites also. In addition to the "Tails come save my ass I'm falling" feature, this made it so I never died and could easily turn Super for bosses.

11. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Totally! When I play EP1 I can't stop mashing the combo button uselessly when in a bottomless pit.~

Also! If you didn't know about the 1up in Sylvania Castle Act 1 on the left of the startpoint... You probably doesn't know that on the start of Sky Fortress Act 3 while the platform you start on didn't go down too much you can jump and fly to find a hidden 1-Up monitor above :P

12. My last discovery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1mF0TpZano

It's the same glitch that happens in Episode I.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9eZcpsXvrE

Simply you have to make Super Sonic run when the ring counter is going to 0 and, back to normal, he won't have the loop-on-feet.
    The video I made doesn't have a good quality, I don't know what software can I use...

EDIT
    Also someone requested the 100% completion save of the beta.
    Here's mine, with all the chaos emeralds, all levels unlocked and all red rings:
    mediafire(dot)com/?tetyfmuaf74v73p

13. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Tin hat theories go! :specialed:

My theory is that Sonic 4 episode 2 will come out for the ipod touch, iphone, and iPad next week. Why you may ask? I have my reasons.

1. Sonic 4 episode 1 released on the iphone/ipod touch October 7th, the thursday before it came out on the PS3 and 360 (It came out on those systems October 12th and 13th).
    2. The only info we got for the iOS release date was May 2012 (PC falls into the same boat so for all we know that could be next week too) Nope Balough said on the Sega forums a while back that that would be coming out on the 15th as well

If history repeats itself, the game should come out this thursday (May 10th). Regardless though, the game is coming soon, very soon. Just what gets it first though I don't know. I'm very interested to see if there are any changes in the final, such as giving Super Sonic momentum. I also want to see the good ending and I want to see what exactly those red rings will do. I'm also very interested to see how the iOS version improved, and I'm curious if there are more platform specific acts. Ep 1 on the iOS was particularly cheesy being based off of older builds of the console version. It never got the fixes that the other versions received such as wheel-o-feet more often, running past the screen, and the alternate menu screen.

15. That was sexy. You should loop it some and make it 3'ish minutes long. :X

16. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Thanks! I definitely plan on expanding it and adding in an original solo of sorts too.

I also uploaded it to YouTube!

17. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    Huh, the game looks playable at least. However, they're taking way too many cues from Colours' level design now. Where are the curves and slopes? The new guy's review seems spot on, too! Really cool. I hope to see more from you.

The Super Sonic controversy is hilarious. They shouldn't have bothered trying to fix their engine when they now have a perfect engine on hand. I guess that's only for remaking the old games into even better games.

What is up with Jun Senoue and the Megaman X leitmotif lately? I swear, he's getting off to that soundtrack, hard.

18. HeartAttack

HeartAttack

is a smug hipster, brah! Member
    Cali
    I'm absolutely loving the stock Sky Fortress Zone Act III music. That is one badass track! I haven't heard a track on a Sonic game this good since the Genesis days.

19. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I've purposely NOT watched the majority of the walkthrough videos to save the surprises for when I actually buy and play the game on release, therefore I'm not too clued up on the structure of the levels.

How does this play? Like a Classic Sonic game, or more like the faster style Sonic games like Advance 2 and 3? Are there a lot of places to stop, go backwards, find secret routes and dead ends to items and stuff, or is it just very linear?

Although EpI was quite linear, it did have quite a few nice secrets and small alternate routes to go through, and I'm wondering if this game is the same.

20. Nova

Nova

It looks a bit more freeform than Episode 1, but nowhere near as much as the classics if you ask me. A particular level near the end looks a bit linear as there are dash pads everywhere that keep you travelling along mostly at the same speed, but it still manages to seem better than the previous attempt. As I haven't played it, I can't really comment - but from the looks of it, it doesn't look like a game that's going to have the same kind of replay value that the classic games had.

Secrets, though? I'm sure there's going to be a few, I haven't really noticed any but then, I've only really watched the levels once each on YouTube and the people playing weren't discovering any.