don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Hah. They must have really got fed up over the whining last time =P

2. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Can I have some of what you're smoking?

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    No, it lets me come up with my wonderful ideas

4. Tylinos

Tylinos

Back in the original ASR topic, before the game came out, someone said that the announcer and music reminded him of King of the Hill, and joked that "They might as well throw in Hank Hill on his propane-fueled lawn mower now." Everyone got behind the idea.

Anyway, the boat and plane thing seems like a pretty random addition, but then again I've never played MK7. Still, it's nice to hear they want the items to be less Mario Kart styled, so there's some give-and-take.

Also, Toejam & Earl. Come on, Sega. Do it. You know you want to.

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

He specifically cites that as the reason there's not gonna be three tracks set in Seaside Hill for example, and why they've looked outside of Heroes for Sonic stuff. All in good spirits of course.

6. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    I am fully aware of what the song is. My point is that if the soundtrack is anything like that (I would hope that the trailers music is SOME indication of the games direction, as that's what they're for) then it's going to infuriate me for its mainstream bandwagoning of terrible underground genre spin-offs.

7. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I can't remember the last time a trailer's soundtrack has been indicative of the music in the game itself. Or am I mistaken and Battlefield 3 really did feature a rich soundtrack featuring Jay-Z and other top rap performers?

8. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I only hope that Super Sonic's music isn't the Invincibility theme from Heroes again. At LEAST make it either Open Your Heart or, at the absolute worst, the Sonic 4 Invincibility remix from Generations.

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Generations trailer music was not indicative of the game at all. ASRT's soundtrack on the other hand is being worked on by Richard Jacques. So you probably shouldn't expect anything similar.

10. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    And a Funkotron race track. I know it gets flack for being too different from the original, but Panic On Funkotron is one of the coolest looking games on the Genesis. In 3D with today's technology, it'd look amazing.

11. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Mario Kart can kiss this game's ass.

12. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I'm genuinely interested in this, the whole vehicle changing thing sounds really cool. Also, the single-player adventure mode? That sounds like a lot of fun. I'll keep an eye out for this game.

13. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    I must say, I sure hope the announcer is still in the game.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Sorry.

15. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    .....oh....

16. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    oh man, you know what would be a fantastic course for this game? planet wisp. specifically, planet wisp as it was in colo(u)rs, with the bountiful drift and quick step sections.

17. synchronizer

synchronizer

There was a measly one of each type of section...but yes, a Planet Wisp course would be very beautiful.

18. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    funny that I've been thinking the same thing XD Also a Speed Highway or Radical Highway would be awesome too! considering that they've been mixing SA1 with the Olympics games for Wii I'm hoping that there will be a SA1 or SA2 track on this new game.

19. The Kid

The Kid

I'm just happy There will be remixed music and vehicle mods. Of course we don't know to what extent the mods apply, but it'll give more diversity than the last game. The only thing I'm really worried about is the transforming sequences and whether or not they will work properly. I don't want to boost into the water and transform a few seconds later than I should (if you know what I mean).

20. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    I never bought the first game, but I was considering it. Now that THIS has shown up, I'll be saving up for this thing instead.

Quick question: I know they plan on putting in new characters, but they're not gonna get rid of any characters from the first game, right? It wouldn't make any sense, really.