don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I hopy they fix the lighting! The more I play more visual glitches appear!

[​IMG]

2. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    Has this been posted yet?

[​IMG]

Hint: I'm playing single-player! :specialed:

It might actually snow pretty hard here. I'm playing an official Sonic game and actually having fun.

Edit:

[​IMG]

>Signpost shows classic Sonic dying
    >Playing as modern Sonic

Anyone else think of Demon's Souls?

3. Thousand Pancake

Thousand Pancake

Being a food you put milk on and then eat in the m Member
    Anyone else wish
    Sky Fortress Act 2's theme was in Death Egg Act 1 instead? I think the actual Death Egg theme fits, but it goes kind of over the top for me and sounds too much like an annoying pop song on the radio. :v:

Sky Fortress Act 2 just sounds much more befitting for traversing a giant weapon in space. It's epic, it's serious, and it sounds cool.

4. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Supersonic HAS to be fixed. Look how he drops comparing to Tails!

[​IMG]

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.

Well I guess its time for a sequal to this video only with supersonic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlqTd_VBeKY

EDIT: Damn it I got new paged. Was the post amount for each page lowered or something? also, yay 200th page!!

6. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    His tails detached from his ass. One time, I got a screenshot where they looked like bang extensions. Am I the only person who thinks that looks fucking weird?

Also, no matter which character is in front at the end of a special stage, Sonic is always the one that grabs the emeralds. I guess, since Tails can't actually use them, it makes sense, but I was kind of disappointed.

7. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    What are the best settings for forcing the game into anti-aliasing? I have NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M, for reference.

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Not sure, but if it's like E1 you'll have to run it at 720p to force anti-aliasing.

9. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Yep, 720p but if you force anti aliasing the screen goes black into the middle of the level :V

10. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    It'll most likely be fixed, given that it is, afterall, a beta.

11. dsrb

dsrb

Really? Don't hold your breath.

At best, multiple people will badger Ken et al. about this glaring omission from their ‘all-new physics engine', but with no guarantee of any result anyway.

12. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Why does it matter? Super Sonic is meant to be quick, fast, dime stopping etc.

13. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Because it controls just like Episode I, aka, terribly. Which was bad enough in Episode I, but now that you have Episode II's improved physics to compare it to, it feels even worse.

14. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Yeah but it at least makes sense with Super Sonic??

15. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Man it's OK but the other way it's more enjoying to play!

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I could see why Super Sonic was overlooked, but I imagine that's one of those things that will be fixed before release. I mean, Sonic's fixed, it'd be just stupid to not fix Super Sonic. This isn't like the last time when the entire game was just fundamentally broken. This time it's an extra is broken due to the game being built off a broken game. They addressed the important part, so who's to say they won't bother fixing this part as well.

17. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    What? No it doesn't. It makes even less sense! You mean with all of his increased velocity, he can't carry himself more than 5 feet away from the edge of a platform? No, it's an oversight that must be corrected.

18. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Well all I'm saying is that having a golden hedgehog who can go from 0-1000mph in a second flat surely can also logically have the ability to halt himself in mid air almost instantly, seeing as he can also breathe in space, breathe under water, "fly" (propel, hover, whatever) and is near invincible. It's not too much of a stretch to have Super Sonic in ultimate control over inertia etc. I don't know how they could have missed programming Super Sonic's inertia but not normal Sonic's, is that how the engine even works? I would have imagined that Super Sonic's values would have all been the same as Sonic's by default minus the purposely changed extra jump height and invincibility, so it seems like a genuine change to me. Don't expect it to be different in the final release, that's all I'm gonna say.

Seriously, you'll end up disappointed if you think it's gonna change. Just be pleasantly surprised if it is though.

19. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Better version for dummies and posting everywhere hahaha

[​IMG]

20. dsrb

dsrb

Oh Lord, what.