don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    The enemy ninjas fly with those "ninja gliders" too. I'm sure Joe could borrow one.

2. EUUGHHG "Why does Sonic need a Car? FAIL SEGA" comments are back again.

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Relax. They're just expressing their desire to see Sonic R 2 the only way they know how. Pity them.

4. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Fantasitc, we're getting some Skies of Arcadia love, Vyse baby, Moonstone cannon! FIRE! I hope we get a track too, although I wont hold my hopes too high, as a SOA track would be 90% flying and 10% water and ground haha

I spy Vyse
    [​IMG]

The only other game I'd like to see represented is Valkyria Chronicles, I wanna see a racing flying boat Edelweiss tank XD

5. cornholio857

cornholio857

The Great Cornholio Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    Very true. If I had to pick one stage for Joe's track, it'd definitely be China Town from Revenge of Shinobi. Oh, and with Yuzo Koshiro's awesome China Town BGM.

6. trakker

trakker

Oh no, I also just noticed what Tails is driving.

Surely it should be the Cyclone from SA2, that already had a car and flight mode, wouldent be that much of a push to make a boat mode too =/

(that will surely be a fun mod for the PC crowd lol)

7. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Srs bsns story.

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

To summarise the article...
    • 27 characters (original had 21 + Metal, Mii, Avatar, Ryo F and Banjo)
    • It's this years "big Sonic title".How great is it that something like this, gets that attention?
    • Huge budget
    • Can't confirm of deny Wii U
    • They mention Akira, but it's not really clear if he's in Transformed
    • "These 27 characters will be unlocked in a new single-player adventure mode which is "inspired by games like Mario Galaxy"
    • Each character can be levelled up through five ranks. Filling up the All-Star gauge with on-track moves earns you XP as well as granting access to your character's All-Star power; each level unlocks stickers and achievements as well as perk-style vehicle mods which can be equipped to alter the handling characteristics of your favourite characters.
    • As few Mario Kart item clones as possible
    I would have liked more characters, but eh. There could be 100 characters and I'd still be saying that. 27 is more than enough really. I love the the fact that a title such as this is the big Sonic game of the year. British made, and a nice little break from the main series. We already know how successful the original must have been so that would explain the budget for this one with it's larger roster, hook that involves everything about the races and the inclusion of a story mode. All in all it just sounds great. Can't wait to hear the music.

9. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    A racing game inspired by Mario Galaxy? How? I don't get that at all.

10. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    I sure hope of those 27, eight of those aren't just Sonic characters.

Big thumbs up on Vyse, but I want to have better close ups of that character.

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Eggman make 5 confirmed already. Shadow is too popular to cut so he's almost definitely in. Death Egg is included as a returning track in this game even though it was DLC before, so Metal Sonic could be included on those grounds as well. Not to mention he's featuring more and more in games these days. Big is the only one I'd question.

12. trakker

trakker

Well make a quick headcount
    Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Eggman and Big the cat, thats only 7 outta the 27. Although personally as far as Sonicverse goes, I'd like to see Blaze the cat, and they might keep Metalsonic (Just no-one from Chaotix please, if you have one, you have to have all 4)

I'd say optimistcally, no more than 10 of the 27 will be Sonic Characters, thats an ok number I think, 17+ish non-sonic characters is a pretty decently amount.

It is "Sonic" and Sega allstar racing afterall XD

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    RE: Why can't Sonic just run?

[​IMG]

14. trakker

trakker

It's a nessasary sacrafice, He needs a car this time around because Sonic can't fly or swim =P

15. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    So rather than transform, Tails pops by. Though this would be even more stupid because it suggests that Tails can swim faster than speedboats. Maybe the idea would be that Sonic is ridiculously fast on-land but pretty much screwed anywhere else.

But honestly I don't mind Sonic in a car, I just don't see the need for his friends to come along. And I liked his choice of wheels in Sonic Drift because the car was derived from a Ferrari... and I like to think that means OutRun sort-of makes an appearance too. I don't think strictly Sonic racing games work - on foot there's no competition, and putting them behind vehicles makes the whole thing feel a bit weird. It's better when there's more franchises involved.

I get the feeling they might be scrapping bikes since they're hard to change into boats and planes, so that might mean Shadow is scrapped. That's the dream, anyway. Maybe in the hunt for nostalgia they'll go back to the game where he died.

16. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    Yes because the series needs to adopt house-injected brostep to be hip and cool.

SIGH

Guess I'll probably be passing up on this one too unless it has some serious meat to it.

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

What the hell are you babbling about? The music? Because the music in the trailer is nothing to do with the game.

18. Can I ask where this Hank Hill in S&SASR thing came from?

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Know what character I want to see? Classic sonic in his sonic drift car. Yep as a separate entry. Oh and big, shadow, house of the dead, and the bonanza bros can just drive off a cliff ( and not transform into a boat or plane. They just need to fall and not come back)

20. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Looks like S0L is over at the Sonic Stadium right now, and he's answering some questions there. Namely he is confirming some gameplay specifics, including game engine, online play and all star move stuff.

http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/12679-sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed/page__st__140#entry475658

PC version has online play, I suppose that's the most important factoid he brought up.