don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Jace

Jace

2. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY

I just love the level design on this stage. :3

3. synchronizer

synchronizer

It sounds like you might want to explore the realms of other sequencers.

Presonus Studio One has a free version. Despite the fact that it lacks the ability to use 3rd-party plugins, it has good midi sequencing capabilities. If you download the trial first, you can use it for 30 days, without any limits

http://studioone.presonus.com/demo-request/

http://studioone.presonus.com/free/

Also, if you've ever been interested in Ableton Live, if you subscribe to the soundcloud newsletter (after creating an account), you will be able to receive a free license for Ableton Live Lite.

To be honest, I prefer Cubase over the previous two sequencers, but I suggest that you try them anyway.

4. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    I feel like I should be sorry for making this....

5. synchronizer

synchronizer

Sonic 4 Episode 1 didn't have music that was THAT bad!...

6. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I used to use Synthfont for Pitchbends but I thought the graphics were not so easy to use :(

[​IMG]

7. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I'm sorry, but what the heck is that stuff in that desert zone? Is that oil? It looks like chocolate sauce.

8. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Did Dimps seriously forget to fix Super Sonic's physics?!
    DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    Glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought it looked like... chocolate... :ssh:

Also I got the no-texture bug for the first time in some parts of Sylvania Castle after doing a new playthrough with an existing save file. Hopefully that's already fixed but I'm still curious as to why it hapens.

10. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie

I like your sense of humor! I couldn't stop laugning. Believe you me, if we didn't complain at all about the music this IS probably closer to what we could have had than most realize.

I have to get my hands on a Sky Fortress Act 2 midi....I have some great ideas for if, as well as a more proper intro.

BY THE WAY:

Which one was supposed to be the "throwback" zone again? Sure, two out of the 4 "main" zones mesh traits from others together, but everything pretty much says "Throwback" to me. There's a difference between giving an homage and direct throwback. I'm honestly confused.

11. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
  12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I'm assuming the throwback was meant to be
    Sky Fortress Zone, since it even goes so far as to directly lift the Badniks from Wing Fortress Zone.

13. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    See, that's what my initial guess was but:

The only themed difference separating Oil Ocean from Oil Desert is the presence of sand. White Park by comparison is the most original level in the game. But Neo Aquatic Ruin Zone, Neo Sky Chase/Neo Wing Fortress, and Death Egg MKII Zone also say hello. I guess Sylvania Castle scrapes by with having Marble Garden elements as well. Since Sky Fortress copies the most I guess they feel proud calling it THE Throwback level. Heh.

I even feel like Sonic 2, Sonic 3, AND Sonic 4 are just different interpretations of the same story....chasing Eggman to his Death Egg and kicking his ass. I guess insanity (as in doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result) is to be expected from an evil genius.

14. synchronizer

synchronizer

There's something odd about the end of the song before it loops (the original midi that is.) It's extremely discordant..

15. Well, I just finished the game with all the Chaos Emeralds.

I actually really enjoyed this game, unlike EP I which I've only played through twice. Some of the music doesn't fit, but there are a lot of great tracks in this game. While the physics aren't completely fixed, they've made them bearable. But it still annoys me how weak the spindash is. The graphics are a HUGE improvement over EP I. The last thing I'll say is that the boss battles with Eggman (Robotnik) are creative, which I like. It reminds me of the Sonic Advance 3. I knew there was still some hope left in DIMPS. They made a playable game with decent replay value (Red Rings, Chaos Emeralds) and that's all I care about. I can't wait to see what varioius improvements there are in the final build, if any.

16. SSE

SSE

OWCH! Sharp.
    United States
    Sonic The Hedgehog Mega Blitz
    I think that it was supposed to be the following:

Stardust Speedway where you fight Metal Sonic. It is named and based off of the original and it also uses a remix of its original soundtrack.

EDIT: Whoops! My bad:

It only apears in a cutscene of Episode Metal. However, in Episode 2, the Death Epp Zone MK. 2 Zone there is a race course that resembles Sonic CD's and it also plays the Stardust Speedway music.

17. HeartAttack

HeartAttack

is a smug hipster, brah! Member
    Cali
    Wait I'm a little lost...is the game out? Or is it a demo? Or...please, cliffnotes would be much appreciated.

18. SSE

SSE

OWCH! Sharp.
    United States
    Sonic The Hedgehog Mega Blitz
    Sonic 4: Episode II (Beta 8) was accidentaly released on Steam. It was pretty much the full game, but it was missing a few things. The release date for the final version is 15 May 2012 on the Play Station Network and 16 May 2012 for Xbox Live Arcade.

19. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

How can we get the Steam Beta? I've missed some things? I'm probably assuming it was taken straight down but some of you managed to get it, right?

20. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Everyone who got the game did so by paying for the preorder. Don't ask anyone for a link, it will result in an instaban.