don't click here

PSO2 & New Genesis Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Yuzu, Jan 24, 2012.

1. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Most Japanese PSO2 players seem to be fine with foreigners. When the issue is brought up, you see just as many people saying "hey, foreigners aren't bad" as there are saying "foreigners shouldn't be clogging up our servers".
    The Matter Board is irritating. Locked to a quest that you can't change? Ugh.
    Also, uh, just a hint - the servers will go down pretty much every day until they've fixed all disconnection and lagging issues. That's why this is such a big beta. Stress testing.

Ship 2 is for scrubs.

2. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Not to mention common sense. Somebody was suggesting banning non-Japanese addresses, and somebody replied that it could be easily worked around using proxies (in fact, that'd actually backfire since proxies add lag and more connection issues).

3. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member
    I'm curious: How do you get the beta, and what's the specs? I've always liked the Phantasy Star Online series, even if I did get into it late. Like really late.

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    You can't get into the beta anymore.

If they do another one you can always try then.

5. Kojichao

Kojichao

Mmm... That's hot... Slurpee action! Oldbie
    Station Square Chao Gardens
    ORIGINAL Project Shadow S2 hack: More Than A Memory
    I've been hanging out on Ship 3 with personal characters, using Japanese names so I don't feel too guilty about clogging up the test with English characters. XD;;;

???? and ???? on there. I don't feel so guilty running around with those names on there. --- And AGREED. The Multi-player area's make it easy to level once you get there (LEvel 4ish??)

Though I'm a bit concerned about those areas... You can just follow behind someone who isn't even in your team, and "gank" the EXP and items because you're in range, without effectively contributing. That might need to be tweaked... I don't think it's fair to coast on someone else's run like that. Ah well.

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    To be honest, they should suck it up a little with regards to foreign players - putting aside just how lame region locking is anyway (my main objection to banning non-.jp addresses on a game I don't overly care about either way), surely they can see that PSO has a worldwide audience and that it's only really fair to let some of the worldwide players help in making the game take shape?

A lot of it smacks of stereotypical Japanese xenophobia.

7. Kojichao

Kojichao

I saw a player named "Broomop" hanging out yesterday. Looked like a fat grey colored female character. I don't know if that was really Broomop or not, but apparently Cronos from SCHTACK server was there bitching at them. I'm also not sure if that person was the real Cronos or not.

Might just have been someone being a dummy and pretending to be them. I didn't stick around long enough to bother with them.

8. Yuzu

Yuzu

Crono actually has been in-game, seen him in-game and I can say that it's him.

Broomop? Probably is him too, considering that he was talking on PSUMods about trying to break PSO2's protection.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  9. Kojichao

Kojichao

Thanks Krigo.

Thanks Krigo.

10. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    I swear to God this game is becoming self-aware. About 15 minutes before the server went down for maintenance tonight, I was right before the Rockbear boss fight with some players I met up with, and I got disconnected. Naturally I got pissed thinking my progress was lost...until I discovered my party was still there in the quest list so I simply rejoined and when prompted, went to Area 3 where the teleporter was. I get there...only to discover my teammates went back to Area 2 and JUST HAPPENED to encounter a Dark Ragne (second one of the night for me). So I run all the way over to them and get there too late as they already killed it. No biggie, we still have time to fight the Rockbear, so we head back... only to encounter ANOTHER EMERGENCY CODE, this time for that giant flying bug thing that spawns Dagans (I forgot the name). So we kill those fuckers and FINALLY we get to the Rockbear... two of them. And some other random enemies spawn as well.

Thankfully, my party was able to kill those things in time, and I got my last Rockbear Horn I needed. :D But man, to have all that happen in the last 15 minutes or so before the server went down. I'd never seen anything like it. O_O

I'm sure this has been said many times before but I gotta ask it now... SEGA, Y U NO ANNOUNCE U.S. RELEASE DATE?

11. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I remember I sunk so much time into PSU back when my old man paid the bills. I hope I can find the time to get in on PSO2 sooner rather than later.

12. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Well, it's free to play so...:v:

13. Kojichao

Kojichao

Sweeet... Apparently SEGA had figured out why the disconnection / lag and other connection problems were going on. Apparently it was some of their networking hardware that was faulty. They repaired it late last night, and they have extended the PSO2 Closed Beta test until the 30th, instead of the 28th.

They also have some bonus prizes!

Ship 6 and 7 may come online, now. People who have characters passed level 10 will get a special FUN500 ticket coupon, which is good for when they hit level 20. I couldn't read that last part... XP; My Kanji ain't that great...

So, yeah! Awesome. People also get a bonus 1000AC if you were on the CB test from the get-go. As a kind of a refuel to the ones they threw in the beginning.
    Badass, though, regardless.

14. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?

I still don't have time to play it. Speaking of free PSO though, I wonder if the Blue Burst scene is still as a big as it used to be.

15. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Yeah Broomop...

http://youtu.be/Uidzjy-WCU0
    http://youtu.be/P5j5NJO77Lg

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

:(

16. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Welp, this not make us look good. I sure hope Sega doesn't use this as a reason to not bring this stateside.

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    SEGA would be retarded to not bring it over because "LOOK AT THOSE WESTERNERS HACKING OUR GAME! SURELY ONLY THEY WOULD DO SUCH A THING!"

18. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I think Sega is smarter than that.

19. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Glad to hear we get an extra two days to play. I've been offline for about a week from PSO2 because I didn't feel like doing the same mission over and over.

Time to be a bigger nerd and play for 48 hours straight. :specialed:

20. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Well, that blows. I hope this doesn't ruin anything. >.<

I think I've done everything I can in the Beta as of last night. I finished all the Caves missions (the boss in that third mission is a lot fucking harder to fight solo than Rockbear) and the Matter Board. I have also done the Emergency Quest, which is epic and hard as hell. All that's left are the various client orders and maxing out the other classes and the skill trees. I heard about being able to change your class but I didn't learn until last night that it could be done... so easily. O_O I seriously thought you had to buy something from that AC shop to do it. I didn't know much about the skill tree either, or maybe I heard of it but then forgot about it.

Going to make a Force character tonight and try that out. I also have a Human Ranger named SmoothCriminal, who may be in a Youtube video featuring tons of other players doing a flash mob dance. :D Provided the guy who started it wasn't lying to us, that is...