don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    Take this with a pinch of salt, but the guy who was putting the videos on Youtube said that it took him slightly under 6 hours to complete the game with all of the Chaos Emeralds and Red Rings. I'd hedge a guess at about 2 to 3 hours of that time being the first playthrough and the rest filling in the gaps.

2. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Ffffff I have White Park Act 1 and 2 stuck in my head already.....and it's mixing with my own creations (my composed zone 5 themes) in my mind.

3. So does the PC version of Episode 2 have proper anti-aliasing?

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Hahaha! Of course it doesn't. Heck, it still only runs at a max of 720p, and is just upscaled for higher resolutions.

5. Oh. :(

6. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    Why is everyone using spoiler tags? Is this game even worth using them?

7. Does Episode Metal use Episode II physics?

8. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Thank You!! I mean I get why they're being used but damn.. there's no point when everyone reading this forum will click and read them. Get real, there's nothing you can possibly be spoiling on here.

9. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    Yeah, my point was that this game isn't "good" enough to use spoiler tags. I mean, Sonic Colors or Generations I can understand, but Sonic 4 Episode II? Really?

10. Nova

Nova

I'm inclined to agree; to an extent.

Spoiler tags should be used for pretty much anything that's not supposed to be public knowledge yet. Some people may want to discuss the game without ruining it for themselves - yes, I know it's probably not many but it's extra consideration for those that do.

I will agree though, some people are needlessly spoiler-tagging stuff that really doesn't need it.

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Not quite. While the inertia/momentum and standing on walls problems have been sorted, rolling is still bad as it ever was. Kind of confusing really.

12. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    The moderators said so. I don't think posts which flagrantly spoil everything without being spoilered will last long in this topic.

On topic, I've looked through everything. This game is definitely not up to Sonic 2 or 3K, but if I may go into blasphemous territory, it's just a hair or two short of Sonic 1 fun-wise. I didn't really like Sonic 1 that much either, so take it with a boulder of salt.

Still, not gonna get it until it's cheap, and even then, only because it has Metal Sonic and a certain other zone theme which I like in it.

13. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    I will admit, even though I've dissed this game before due to Episode I sucking, and Episode II still being developed by Dimps, I really like the ideas they came up with in the final zone. Guess they're not all dimpwits after all...

see, aren't spoiler tags annoying?

Oh, and I didn't spoil anything. ZOMG THERE'S A FINAL ZONE, what a shocker

14. corneliab

corneliab

Like it or not, this game is a popular topic at the moment and a lot of people are paying attention. Spoiler tags concerning things haven't been officially revealed are totally reasonable, especiallly considering that the game shouldn't have even been made available. I imagine that not everyone would like to know about about the whole game from beginning-to-end before playing it.

Spoiler tags are just a precaution, and are as inconvenient as a single click. Not really worth complaining about.

15. Falk

Falk

You totally should put your sig in spoilers in protest so that I can troll myself clicking on the spoiler in your sig every time you post even though it's already obvious what it is, because there's an infinitesimal chance something less non-informational might be there this time around.

16. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    While I don't care for the Sonic 4 name, I do wish they went for a name like Sonic DC to match it's story prequel Sonic CD...

17. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Sonic HD would have been a nice name!

18. The Kid

The Kid

I always had a sort of love/hate relationship with Sonic 4 (I always hated that whole "Episode" label). On the one hand, I love the return to 2D platforming and how it reminds me of the classics. But on the other hand, the terrible physics (old argument :U), rather linear level design, and lack of interesting music (only really liked Mad Gear Zone) caused me to lose interest in Episode 2. Don't get me wrong, Sonic 4: Episode 1 isn't a terrible game. It just has flaws that held it back from being anything more than "okay."

On to my point. I'm actually excited for Episode 2 if only because it seems less like a rehash and more like an actual Sequel. The music is much better than Episode 1 from what I have listened to, and while there seems like an abundance of boost pads and springs at times (I haven't watched all the gameplay videos though) overall it seems like an improvement over Episode 1. I actually want to download it on launch day as opposed to waiting for a Deal of the Week. And that final boss... it actually looks challenging! ; . ;

I'm somewhat curious as to how big of an impact Tails will have in each level. I know there are sections where he has to carry you or you need to use a combined spindash, but are there multiple paths that don't always need Tails abilities?

19. Sonto

Sonto

I hope you don't mind, but I made a little genesis-esque remix with this MIDI.

20. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Anybody know how to get a gamepad to work with this game? I'm having a really hard time beating the first boss with nothing but a Keyboard. Is it only compatible with Xbox 360 controllers or something?