don't click here

Amy In Sonic 2

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by E-122-Psi, Jul 25, 2010.

1. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Those special stage sprites look nice, Gsuki. Might look better yes.

And yes S3Custimizable had Amy as a separate character slot. I'll have to see how difficult adding new character slots is before I make promises. Same for Cream and others (though if they do they will be in a separate hack from S3 Amy). I haven't done these other projects yet anyway. One at a time.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I don't recall, but he might have replaced Blue Knuckles (04) with Amy.

3. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    So, which hack is most likely to be released first? Amy in Sonic 3, Cream in Sonic 2, Modern Amy in Sonic 1/2/3?

4. Tiddles

Tiddles

Diamond Dust Tech Member
    Leicester, England
    Get in an accident and wake up in 1973
    I think it was more complicated than that, something like 04 = Knuckles and Tails, 05 = Amy, 06 = Amy and Tails?

(As an aside, don't think of "Blue Knuckles" as ID 04 - "Blue Knuckles" occurs with any ID above 03; it only happens because the "if/else" type logic in the game only handles values 00-03 and falls back on different defaults in different cases if none of those match - most notably Knuckles' object code with Sonic's palette. There is no code to look at value 04 specifically.)

5. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I'm on a roll with S3 Amy, if I can get it fixed up, that will likely be first. Otherwise likely Modern Amy and Cream in Sonic 2 (which are the same project).

6. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    So does that mean a stable release is imminent?

7. Tokkan

Tokkan

Quick question with regards to Amy in Sonic 3, how would those spin-powered elevator things in Lava Reef work with her considering she has no Spin Dash?

8. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

She does has a charge dash sort of ability in Amy in Sonic 2, so I'm guessing that will be used for Sonic 3 as well.

9. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

She can use her upward dash on it just fine. She can pass through the whole game outside a few glitches (there's some slight problems in Competition mode and I've somehow made all the sideways/diagonal springs disappear in the game). If I can fix these up and complete her sprite sheet, it's more or less done.

10. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Just a quick query. Which walk cycle do you guys prefer?:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want to stay loyal to the games animation style, but I also want to keep Amy from being a pink mini Sonic as much as possible.

Also so you know I have been working on the modern projects:

[​IMG]

Had to edit Cream's pallette to make her work with Amy, think it might look better than the original scheme though.

11. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    The first one, no contest.

That modern Amy hack is looking awesome, too. Keep updating, I love this stuff :v:

12. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

First one feels more unique, as well fitting to the character.

I also like what I see in that screenshot. I only think it would be more fitting to use the Sonic 2 grey colors rather than the Sonic 3 ones, since that's how it works with Knuckles in Sonic 2, although that kinda did fit finely with Knuckles, not sure if it will be the same with this Amy.

13. Kilometers Prower

Kilometers Prower

no mater wot medoner ses Oldbie
    USA
    They're both great, but the first one is more unique, so go for that one. :)

14. Machenstein

Machenstein

I don't think Tails or Knuckles had bendy shoes either, so I guess go with the first one.

15. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    I'm really looking forward to Modern Amy and Cream. I trust that they'll look and work flawlessly as always, so it'll be really interesting to play.

As for Classic Amy's walk cycle, I'd definately go with the first one. The second one looks like a rendition of Amy with Sonic's walk cycle from Sonic 3. So, stick with the first, it's unique and more suitable for her character.

16. dsrb

dsrb

I completely agree with everyone else on the first animation being better, for the same reasons: it's both original and fitting.

17. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

As promised quite some time ago:

[​IMG]

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lc52j9

Bugs:

* The title emblem loads with a different palette line so enters in black.
    * Some of the Special Stage sprites are a little clipped. Also Cream's ring count still reads 'TAILS' in western emulators since the file causes a freeze when edited for some reason.
    * Continue sprites not edited.

18. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Looking good. I was kinda hoping to see Cream fly but that's no big deal. I noticed you forgot to edit one of Amy's balancing sprites (balancing while looking away from the edge). Overall very nice, I love your sprite work, it doesn't feel just like a sloppily edited Sonic like people normally do. :thumbsup:

19. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I'd almost wanna know if you could modify the fade routines to get a pink-ish fade for this hack... that'd be pretty sweet.

20. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Thanx. :D

Crap, knew I'd forgot something. Oh well, a new revision shouldn't take long.

Sadly I'm not experienced with Tails' fly code (tried to port it before but failed miserably). If anyone can instruct I'd be glad to add it. Hell if someone knows how to add Cheese I could give it a shot.

That would be a cool effect, but similar to the fly code, I'd have no idea how to implement it.