don't click here

Amy In Sonic 2

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by E-122-Psi, Jul 25, 2010.

1. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

You guys really shouldn't trouble yourselves too much over this. It's bad enough ChelseaCatGirl's doing so much of my sprite stuff as it is.

Chelsea is looking for other members interested in using her work by the way. Thought I'd mention that for her since she's ran out of trial posts.

2. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

I don't remember any of Chelsea's work. Since you mentioned it, I would be interested in looking at it.

3. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Chelsea has been helping me with a lot of my current sprite sheets, often times she makes key sprites or base poses and I touch them up a little. For example, here's the Cream sheet she's been helping me with:

[​IMG]

She does occasionally use bits and bobs of other sprite work, though I'm guilty of that too. As such she's useful for revamping sprites into new styles.

[​IMG]

We also made this Julie Su out of patchwork sprite for fun. I think our input has made it rather unique.

[​IMG]

4. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I'd be interested in finding someone who can do some spritework. Have her PM me if she is interested.

5. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    These sprites are wonderful. I'm sad to say that I just can't get the Sonic 2 sprites to look right, though. I'll be giving up on that. Ah well. I hope you find the sprites I made for Sonic 1 useful in some way.

By the way, do you have any time window for the release of the Cream replacing Tails in the Sonic 2 hack yet?

6. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I'm not giving an exact date, since that will likely leave me in a frantic rush. Plus I'd like to put focus on S3Amy for a little while since I'm making better progress than I expected. It shouldn't take too long however.

Don't worry about the sprites, Ayu.

7. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

Don't mind me~

[​IMG]

Tried to make a different pose for Modern Amy, although this one still has a few similarities to the pose the other Amy does in the hack. It uses the same colors as in that Modern Amy sprite sheet of yours, except for the gray colors.

8. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

That looks pretty cool. Nice work. :D

9. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Good stuff. Keep up the good work.

10. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    You cannot believe how jealous I am of your skills.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    ...Shouldn't Modern Amy have green eyes?

12. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I mish mashed modern Amy with classic style proportioning here and there since to keep it akin to Hayate's sheet, who I was making it for.

13. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

Wanted to make a title pose for her. Sorry, for now, you just get one sprite, and I'm not sure if I'll make the rest either.

[​IMG]

Thought it would be nice if she had a different hand pose, as you see. I thought of a neat one for Cream as well, might make it later if I get the time.

14. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

DOUBLE POST.

[​IMG]

Wanted to tweak this sprite a bit since I felt like it made no sense at some parts, and when I looked at it, I just thought it could look way more like Amy, so yeah, there it is~

15. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Not bad, I appreciate these missing sprites being made. Will make the project a bit quicker.

S3 Amy is making progress by the way. Her moveset is fully implemented, I just need to get rid of a few glitches. After that, it's mostly just cosmetics to worry about.

16. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    So which character does Amy replace?

17. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Sonic, he seemed the most similar to Amy so as to need less editing. At least I thought. :P

If I advance enough in coding I may rewrite the project with her as a new character slot.

18. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

Sonic 3 Customizable had something close to that, right? Only big problem I saw was the messed up palettes on the save select screen, I guess.

EDIT: Felt like changing Amy's special stage jumping sprites, since you could still see Sonic's spines in there. Got this a bit inspired on how Knuckles' animation is like as well a bit.

[​IMG]

Not sure how it would look animated in-game, though.

19. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I would play the shit out of this if you could...
    Also, if that were done, would it be possible to add ANOTHER charater slot for Cream, and Amy w/ Cream? I know we are pushing it but cmon...

And if not, then will Tails be replaced with Cream? And who will replace Knuckles?

20. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Most likely Tikal.