don't click here

Sonic 2 HD

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Canned Karma, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corneliab

corneliab

In light of all this into I really am baffled that Scarred Sun decided to personally churn out that article.

Given the current context it reeks of irresponsiblity, immaturity, and rashness.

2. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I hope the best for this project and everyone involved, and just hope that everything can be sorted out one way or another. The sheer animosity in this thread is painful to read, and it saddens me that the reputations everywhere, both of this site and individuals, are being seriously tarnished. I don't like the mob rules mentality that's been going around recently in this thread, so I think I'll avoid it until the future of the project comes clear.

I sincerely hope all this drama won't end up leading the projects demise, and that the team will be able to create something that this little patch of internet can be proud of.

3. Shadic

Shadic

Olympia, WA
    Home improvement eternal
    The fact that this whole thing has been over-exaggerated should have been obvious to anybody with two braincells.

The fact that L0st has been a paranoid, control-clutching burden on the project should be similarly obvious.

4. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    I fucked up. This is totally my fault and I take full responsibility for that. The article has been redacted and there will be another one going up shortly that explains the situation.

5. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Sonic Stadium Staffer, Gamnesia Writer Member
    Ottawa
    It's alright, Scarred. Simply put, shit happens. I'm only relieved that one smear is being cleared.

6. HeartAttack

HeartAttack

is a smug hipster, brah! Member
    Cali
    You're with TSS? You should have them take down that article about the S2HD program being a keylogger.

7. SANiK

SANiK

Tech Member
    Front page of yahoo! news:
    http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/fan-made-sonic-game-triggers-anti-virus-warnings-190514162.html

Oh lord...

8. FlashTHD

FlashTHD

Oldbie
    So, just another day here.

9. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Ottawa
    Excuse me if I posted it in near-tandem with the original update from earlier on. Yes, I wrote the article. Not TSS as a whole, just me as one of the writers. And so did every other Sonic news outlet and other gaming news sites when this was first announced earlier on.

Scarred admitted to a mistake, and TSS... no, I will follow on its corrections just as she will. I've been keeping track of today's events after I've gotten word that the keylogger issue is no longer the case according to a few tips as well as what members are saying here, and right now I'm only awaiting for a concrete announcement before I go ahead and write something that will be in the wrong at this present time.
    No, the article won't be taken down: how shallow a news site would TSS have to be to take down one of our own articles because we were in the wrong? You might as well tell every other outlet that reported it to do so. Scarred could've done that too, but instead, she left an extra paragraph to say that a full announcement will come shortly, as well as leaving an apology. Why don't you tell her to do the same? Tell Scarred to delete her own words, and if she does, then I'll do the same.

10. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    I've been in contact with the author of the Kotaku article. I didn't ask him to take it down, I asked him to update it with the correct information and he did. I'm asking you to do the same. We've taken enough flack for something that isn't at all what it was first claimed to be.

11. Falk

Falk

Man we've gone from overreacting about hilariously unorthodox code to overreacting about well-intentioned posts regarding taking down articles.

Oh Sonic fandom, you.

12. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Ottawa
    Don't worry, I'm on it now.

13. I saw the front article. Bravo, Admins.

Now damage control can begin, and the project can move past this issue.

14. HeartAttack

HeartAttack

Cali
    Ok? Cool, thanks? I wasn't yelling at you. Calm your ass down.

15. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Ottawa
    I came off as a bit aggressive, eh? My bad there, kinda took the message as something more hostile from ya. Sorry!

16. ScarredSun has already done that. She posted a new article announcing that LOst was kicked out, and edited the previous article.

I have to say, though, I do NOT envy you guys at all. I really do hope this project can go on, from what I've seen you guys are doing some pretty amazing stuff!

17. Falk

Falk

edit: Derp, sniped. Now to edit the youtube vid description yet again.

18. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    What a delightful thread.

Sometimes threads like this make me question why I don't get a life. Oh well, it'll blow over one day.

19. HeartAttack

HeartAttack

Cali
    Haha, it's all good. I didn't actually mean "take it down completely". I don't frequent news sites so I don't quite get that articles are corrected instead of just taken down (at least I didn't quite understand that until now). For all intents and purposes I was asking that the situation be corrected - not erased from memory. It's clear that no one will ever really forget about this debacle no matter what :p

20. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    CesspoolofHatred,
    My comment was directed toward VizardJeffhog, not ScarredSun. I haven't seen the TSS post. I've been busy e-mailing various other news outlets who have posted articles on this debacle. That said, I am extremely grateful for the update she posted to the original article.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.