don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    The workman fire-orbinauts look positively awesome. It doesn't matter that they look similar to an old enemy- the fact that they act differently while looking badass more than makes up for it.

Also- I wonder if the E1 part of Episode Metal will have better physics? :v:

2. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Yeah, I was wondering that, too.

3. synchronizer

synchronizer

Could someone post the new video? I can't find it.

4. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Jump to 28 minutes and watch from there. http://uk.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/?event=on_the_spot20120405

5. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/?event=on_the_spot20120405

Jump to 29:50 on the Stream. (Yes, you can head back)

Only thing I'm angry about is that PSN gets it ONE DAY before the XBLA release. RAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE

6. dsrb

dsrb

WUT

Throwback to Panzer Dragoon, perhaps? :v:

7. synchronizer

synchronizer

XBLA usually gets games and dlc days or weeks (SONIC UNLEASHED DLC ARGHH) before PSN does. Also, the desert level looks "okay". A lot of automatic sequences are to be played, bu it's certainly more interesting than Sylvania Castle Zone seems to be.

8. SmashX5000

SmashX5000

Simply Smashing Member
    Below Canada
    I'm working on a cartoon based on the Genesis games called Sonic Boom.
    Well, this announcement certainly raised my interest. But, it kind of sucks for people who bought the Wii version of Episode 1.

Welp, never thought I';d end up doing this, but I'll probably have to re-buy Episode 1 on the PS3 now. .-.

9. gold lightning

gold lightning

Well fuck. I only have Episode 1 on Wii and I'm not buying it again. I guess there will be no way for me to unlock Metal Sonic in episode 1 then. That might not matter though, because I'm not quite sold on THIS episode yet.

Also, I going to go out on a limb and guess that there won't be any real lock-on. It will probably be where the Episode 2 download contains everything and will only show it if it sees episode 1.

10. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    Metal Sonic was unexpected. All that remains now is the price. Ten dollars sounds about right.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    WHAT! They actually give me a reason to go back to Ep 1?

Mind = blown. Good show Sega, good show. And May 15th is the day I'll be looking for (Comes out on PS3 first? Shocking)

Also did they just rip that Stardust Speedway from Sonic Generations? I'm guessing we'll see that as a Metal Exclusive level, I sure hope so anyway. Also I'm guessing Metal is only playable in Ep 1 because of the fact that Ep 2 requires co-op. Still, nice touch regardless.

And if it's the case that Ep 2 contains Ep 1 in it and then lets you play as Metal Sonic, I wonder if the physics changes from Ep 2 will be included in Ep 1. Also, it'd be a nice touch if they also let you play Ep 1 as Sonic from Ep 2? Why? Sonic no longer has that strange shading, he has better animations, and improved physics.

Still waiting for that option for classic skins sega :colbert: I mean, come on. This game has the 4 characters from generations who actually had classic models. To not use them would just be stupid

12. corneliab

corneliab

Episode Metal? That's weird and unexpected.

It better be using the updated engine.

13. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    HAHA! Way to go SEGA!
    Screw the whiners, Ep.2 is going to be mine! \O/

14. KeebeeNacho

KeebeeNacho

WORM BAGGED Member
    USA
    I'm drawing something, not that you'll ever see it.
    This "episode metal" bullshit better work on iOS.

Besides Wii, my iPod is the only thing I own Episode 1 on. And I sure as hell ain't spending money on it for another system.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I just had a thought. These 4 new levels they mentioned. Think they'll replace the boss fights? After all why would Metal fight Robotnik?

16. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Eggrobo's instead of Eggman, ala S&K XD

17. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    I'm going to go out on a limb and assume it's going to work on every platform, considering Episode 1 is available for everything E2 is being released on.

18. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Any YouTube footage yet? I don't think I can see the GameSpot video on my iPad.

19. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Perhaps you battle Sonic's friends in each zone, explaining why they're absent for the rest of the episodes.

20. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Hmm. Hopefully they sell Episode 1 & 2 as a combo pack. I only have Episode 1 on the Wii. I don't really want it on my PS3 either, but I do want playable Metal Sonic. That's if I even bother with this. The music is underwhelming me so much so far that I just... Meh.