don't click here

Sonic Classic 2

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Jul 21, 2011.

1. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    [​IMG]

Seriously though, its looking good so far Hez. I honestly want to see more of that stage you cut the video out on, it looks like it could be a fun, fast-paced hydrocity-esque water stage.

2. dsrb

dsrb

Lisa needs braces! Hez needs webspace.

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    My god. The presentation. The presentation. Looks amazing, Hez.

4. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Why not just upload it on SFGHQ?

5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    ...how does one do this?

EDIT: Also figured out what caused my lagging while recording. None more of that =D

6. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Hooray :D Could we get a lag-free gameplay video soon, then :)?

7. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    I'm pretty sure you just send it to Smidge, or whoever handles file maintenance on SFGHQ these days. I haven't frequented there in ages.

8. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    http://youtu.be/XSQAS0vFebU

Kind of less laggy, ends up it doesn't like recording unless I'm running a compiled built. Save method is also causing lag, so I'll have to tweak that. Drill Base is laggless, which is what I was shooting for.

9. snow toilet

snow toilet

I huff kitty litter Member
    Anytime, USA
    Sonic Grand Prix??
    Hey what's up with the stars in Drill Base?
    Why are they moving?

Everything else looks OK so far.

10. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Alternatively, you could also try Dropbox. I just want to be able to play the newer version. <_<

11. Rail Road

Rail Road

Dropbox has a rather low bandwidth cap. SFGHQ and/or a torrent (if you can find someone with a seedbox) would be a good option.

12. dsrb

dsrb

Those sprites are pretty great! So is KGB's original soundtrack.

13. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Sonic is looking awesome, the levels look beautiful, as do the layouts.

However the bean shaped spin dash looks wrong as fuck and the music (sorry to say this) is absolute arse gravy! It sounds like it could be from absolutely anything BUT a Sonic game.

14. Falk

Falk

You think so? I thought it was as classic as it gets for original music in terms of recent fangames. Especially the menu themes.

15. Kampfer

Kampfer

I have to agree with Falk. It sounds like something that Sega would have made if they made more 2d games in the late 90's (Drill Base actually reminds me a little of Megaman X for some reason).

Hez, as you make this game, the one thing I'd recommend to keep in mind while you are making any water levels is the background. In Hazel Hill it looked weird that the background underwater was the same as above water, and made it seem like the entire valley was flooded (and magically un-flooded when back above). This isn't to say the Classic Series didn't have that problem (I'm looking at you Carnival Night), but its something I noticed when playing the first game and probably one of the few aesthetic flaws.

But so far this is looking good and I look forward to playing this one when you're done.

16. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    You know what? I hate the 360 rotation of the sprite. I hated it in Classic, too. Is there a way you can limit the rotation of the sprite to 8 directions? Well I mean there is a way, I know there is. But will you be willing to include it as an option, atleast?

17. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    If there is a way, I would love to know what it is, because the Worlds engine has it set that way, as well. =P

18. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    I don't know how to specifically do it in Sonic Worlds, but it's a matter of "assigning" a rotation to certain angle ranges.

19. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    It certaintly didnt fit in too well, I would be happy to see an 8 direction option too.

20. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I had help getting 8 directions implemented into Sonic Worlds a few years ago, but didn't use it because, well
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgB0mvI-e-Y
    (ooold video) 0:30

Rael and I couldn't figure out how to prevent a normal rotation from occurring if Sonic ran off a ramp like that.

Of course, this is a problem from two years ago, so I wonder if a solution has been found somewhere. Even then, it still just rotates the sprite to 8 angles. I don't know if there's a way to assign a smooth rotated sprite for each angle detection.

Translation:
    >Sonic Worlds