don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Wait a second

Either they scrapped that boss act crap or getting 50 rings in a boss level is now possible. Either way THANK GOD.

Also the Sonic signpost looks much less derp then the signpost in Ep 1, at least it does from what I can tell from the achievement icon. I'm surprised they didn't throw Tails on the signpost seeing as how you always play together.

2. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Maybe a hybrid of Wing Fortress and Flying Battery Zone. That would be kind of cool.

3. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    Woops, guess you're right. I mean, they were introduced to the world of Classic Sonic in Generations. In Colours they weren't really much of a huge thing, although they did unlock Super Sonic, which was good.

Also, speaking of Super Sonic - sounds great! Super Sonic in boss levels, eh?

ALSO also - I don't think it will be a rehash zone, simply because Ken said (I know, his word isn't hugely trustable, but I think this is something that's close enough) there's only one, and it's Sylvanian Castle/Aquatic Ruin zone.

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Who do you think you play as in co-op?

5. Machenstein

Machenstein

Well, yeah, it is possible the achievement really boils down to having a human player play as Tails 50 times instead of a CPU player. That's still a rather strange achievement to have. It might as well say "Achievement Unlocked: You Have Friends".

6. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    - possibly no more boss acts ----> Yeah!!
    - red rings to collect ----> Yeah!! (How can people complain about those seriously? I loved exploring each act in Sonic 3&K to find those giant rings and I missed something like that)
    - Tails achievement ----> Quite curious
    - Sky Fortress revealed ----> Was expecting a more original level theme but nevermind, that'll do.

7. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member

Are you telling me that the whole "Press Y to advance to the next Act/Zone" bullshit is back?! God, I friggin hated that in Episode I!

Also, out of curiosity, now that the Achievements are out, does anybody think that the game is already up on PartnerNET? If it is, here's hoping we don't get any crazy leaks like with Episode I.

8. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Why just in case we rip it to shit and Sega ends up pushing back the release date because they screwed up again.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Remember folks, sky fortress could refer to the Death Egg Planet.

Oh god not the "Press Y to continue" complaints again. Yes it sucks but is it that hard to press Y

10. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    At least, we don't have any stupid trophy like "Untouchable", "Contender" or "Enemy Hunter" anymore...

11. nicko

nicko

Look Alike
    University
    I know this is a theory but I thought I would just say it anyway. Considering we have the special stages for the chaos emeralds, what if getting all the red rings unlocks classic skins for the characters

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    While I would prefer that be an option from the beginning, I'll take it either way.

13. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    You mean because everyone said it was shit? It's obviously not going to happen.

14. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Hmm, so the description on SEGA's page says this game has 18 total stages, is it possible that the secret final zone has multiple acts? 4 zones with 4 acts (Including boss acts) is 16, then the final one would be 17 if it's a single act, maybe there are two acts this time, or a Super Sonic final battle? That'd be a nice change of pace from Episode I's terrible boss.

15. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Considering there is an Achievement for beating the final boss after collecting all of the Red Rings, I'm going to go ahead and wager that doing so is our ticket to the Sneak Peak towards Episode III if there is one.

16. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    If they make an Episode III it better come sooner than this one did, waiting over a year for 4 more zones is pretty shitty.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Considering you can beat bosses as Super Sonic this time, I'm almost inclined to believe they scrapped boss acts. If that's the case and each level has 3 acts, then we're at 12 stages if there are 4 zones, leaving another 6. That's 2 more levels right there.

Hmmm, confusion.

18. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Or what if collecting all the Red Rings unlocks a Throw-Back stage? :specialed: Doomsday Zone anyone?

19. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Or you know, maybe collecting the red rings unlocks the fixed engine? :v:

20. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Yeah, that doesn't really make much sense. I mean, I'd be game for two secret zones, but it isn't like Sonic Team/SEGA than to advertise "4 Zones!" when in reality there's 5 or 6. Maybe there will be a few mini-zones ala Sky Chase? I mean, the last level is an air-craft level, I wouldn't be too surprised. I guess we'll have to see.