don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I wasn't highly anticipating the trailer, but it's alright. I'll let all of you dissect it so I don't have to. :v:

2. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Don't expect Mega Drive physics, but do expect the major grievances such as the infamous inertia-killing deceleration and uncurling to be gone.

3. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Whelp.

I enjoyed the trailer, and the game looks fun, though the footage is far too fast-paced to tell if the improvements SEGA has been touting have really been implemented (bar the uncurling, was nice to see Sonic stay in a ball).

Not too sure what to think of the updated running animation, to me it seems that Sonic is leaning forward enough that he'll fall flat on his face at any second, though I like the look of the 'wheel-o-feet'.

4. The music was cool. Other than that, the layouts looked as they usually do, playing themselves with springs. Still not much to go on for your precious physics, but the jumping looked just as weird as it does in Ep1.
    And the flying looks like it's act specific, sort of like in Rocket Knight, which is a shame. That first clip did look really cool though.

5. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Have they fixed that ridiculous rolling sound yet?
    Also, Sonic Generations death pit signs are in the game - how many times are we getting that in the entire game? In hundreds, please.

6. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I also want to say that if that music is in the game, then I'm very excited for the soundtrack.

7. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    If those are gone I'll be happy, along with Sonic being extremely sluggish. If all of those problems are gone I'll be relatively happy with how the game plays.

8. Doppelgengar

Doppelgengar

My only real gripes are that the speed boosters still force you into a roll, and how they use the revving sound when you hit them. Although it looks like they fixed the spindash noise when Tails spins into the Marble Garden wheel at about 0:48.

9. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    I see so many new features and "innovations" as Iizuka calls them, that's all well and good... when you get the fucking basics right first!

10. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I think this is a huge improvement over Sonic 4: Episode 1. The trailers for Sonic Generations made the Classic Sonic levels look a lot more fun, but this game looks like it'll be pretty enjoyable overall. Definitely looking forward to the new moves involving Tails and just being able to play as him again in a new Sonic game.

11. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    One thing I'm pretty impressed about is the amount of variety there seems to be within stages, trope-wise. If what we saw is just two levels, then there is a lot of changes in environment within the acts, which pleases me. The winter carnival stage branches off into two almost entirely different environments, and the marble garden-esque stage goes from dusk to nightfall, underwater, through caves, etc. Again, 4 stages is pretty lowly of them but they're doing a lot with the tropes they've put together.

12. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Note: Sonic picks up no speed running unassisted down hills.

13. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Looks like we might not see a PC release which means I'll have to skip on this. It looks interesting too. Judging from the trailer any.

14. Machenstein

Machenstein

The game still seems to rely too much on springs and speed boosters. Even if the physics happened to be fixed, how will we tell if most of the levels are automated?

15. gold lightning

gold lightning

I honestly don't know what to say about the trailer. It was constantly moving quickly and it seemed like they might have been trying to hide the physics (can't really tell tbh). I also noticed a few too many speedboosters but that was never that big of a deal to me anyway.

And is it just me or were they foreshadowing a Sonic and Sega ASR sequel there? Because the music sure sounded like a remix of the original's title screen music to me.

16. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    This looks great. I'll be sure to buy this day 1.

17. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Hitlersaurus Christ's leaked build looked better. Looks like the fans have outdone Sega yet again.

18. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    With this, the only thing that's leaving me kind of iffy is if there's just as many dashpads as there was in E1. Besides that, it's looking like it's shaping up to be pretty cool.

19. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Wait, why doesn't the trailer mention the PC platform? I thought it was confirmed this game was getting a PC release.

20. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    That trailer's pretty fan fucking tastic, but I'm just pointing out one thing.

If you look at around 51 seconds, when Sonic + Tails are going through a loop at night, if you look on top of the loop you see one of those Marble Garden Grasshopper badniks.

Oh well, at least the vast majority are original.