don't click here

Rare Sonic Art (And restoring it)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JackSkellinghog, Jun 22, 2011.

1. David The Lurker

David The Lurker

For some mysterious reason... Administrator
    Oh man. I don't have that exact banner, but I have the SUPER EXCLUSIVE Christmas variation.

[​IMG]

So there's that.

2. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Nice one! I wonder if it would be possible for someone to pixel up the original using this and the scan? Also ok if I include this in my blog entry about the scan? :D

Once my last few stickers arrive from Germany I will have a complete album at last. It's a lot of pages but I'll try to get it all scanned some time.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I do, somewhere. I'd have to hunt before I find it, though.

4. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Still, can you see them, or should I reupload them too?

5. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    My absolute favorite artwork style is the "SegaSonic" stuff, like what was in Sonic the Screensaver. Here's a bunch of artwork that was made especially for Japanese merchandise. If only we had high-res versions...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    There's this, too:

[​IMG]

7. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Aw, this one's really cute. I wish we had a proper scan.

8. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Hmm....that remids me of the CGI Metal Sonic in the JP Sonic CD commercial.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I believe that's the Chaotix art for Metal Sonic, which had a pretty decent version located somewhere within Sonic Gems Collection.

10. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Cool! Sweet! And Catchy! Member
    Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga

Lol, I posted almost all of those rare art pictures several pages back already. It looks like we have the same exact ones too, cause it's the same quality as mine. There are some you posted though that I didn't have. I also absolutely love the Japanese Classic Sonic art more than anything else. Sonic Screen Saver and the merchandise artwork for Japan are what I love hunting for and finding.

11. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Someone remind me why nobody has ripped the images from Gems.

The illustrations in it are amazing.

12. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Back in 1991, there was an Alphabet Sonic Sticker collection in Spain, who got pretty famous there. The Stickers were given by a famous pastries brand in their products. The complete stikecr collection is a huge collection item in Spain, and is pretty hard to come by. I've found an almost complete collection scanned online, almost all the letters are in in good queality ( and all of them in bot so good resolution), but there were also some stickers of sonic posing, who are not scanned, sadly. Most of there are. Here is the pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. I found it pretty similar to classic Sonic in that Generations video: http://s7.postimage.org/i2a237s6j/sonic_generations.jpg

14. Tichmall

Tichmall

J.League PK Party, a "penalty kick" minigame.
    As a big fan of Japanese soccer, I remembered that Sega was the sponsor of the team from chiba, JEF United, at the beginning of the J.League in 1993. And here is the logo they put on their shirts back then :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't know if you were aware of that or if you saw this logo before.

15. Graxer

Graxer

That picture can also be seen during the Sega logo of the J. League Pro Striker 2 game for the MegaDrive. I only discovered this very recently.

EDIT: Here is a high quality copy of the version in the game:

[​IMG]

16. Professor-J

Professor-J

Awesome thread! I used to have a truckload of scans and poor quality Sonic art a few years back and had my heart set on restoring it all and archiving it. Makes me kinda wish I still had it all :/

Can't be bothered to look through all 17 pages so if it's already been requested (or by some miracle actually been posted) but has anybody found THAT notorious Super Sonic artwork from Shuffle yet? I've wanted to see it for years; I know Aquaslash has as well. I asked AAUK about it a while back but has no idea where it could be found :/

17. Athelstone

Athelstone

Oldbie
    I'm in the process of moving home - found this whilst cleaning out one of my cupboards. Rather than throw it away I thought I would scan it in case any of you chaps want to archive it. My bro cut it out from an old Sega magazine advertising the release of Sonic CD...I can't remember which magazine it was though. There was a caption next to the picture which read "CD Lift Off"

[​IMG]

18. ReBirFh

ReBirFh

I was cleaning/organizing my bookmarks and I had this page that lists two catalogs from SEGA (MEGA PRESS and MEGA WORLD) some of the covers have images that I don't remember seeing before.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Cool! Sweet! And Catchy! Member
    Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga

I posted all of these pictures in the very beginning of this thread. :P

20. Rosie