don't click here

Sonic 1 prototype Video (FAKE)

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Andrew75, Feb 6, 2012.

1. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    ok, I feel stupid now for believing it was real :( you guys were right the whole time...
    I apologize for my stupidity *hides in shame corner*

2. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    That doesn't surprise me. And FeliciaVal, you knew deep down it was fake. You just wanted to beleive it was real. I wanted to beleive it was real. But there was too much evidence it was fake =P

3. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Oh now that's just lame. Saying "U mad bro?" with a looping clip of J.K. Simmons laughing would have done the trick. This is just rather pathetic. Nice of him to release it though.

It was, in my opinion, obviously fake from the start. Still, could be worse, he could have asked for money for the thing =P.

I second the statement of not sending it to Naka, just because we can contact him about things doesn't mean we should, you guys have gone mad with power! :tinfoil:

4. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Surprised he finally fessed up AND made the fangame available to play. I wasn't expecting him to do that.

5. Yuzoboy

Yuzoboy

UK
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CvFBfyXvPQ[/youtube]

For those who havent downloaded it yet, heres a more 'clearer' representation of the game. Changed the ending a bit as a message to the developer:)

6. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Can anyone rip the sprites from that hoax? Because I kinda want to see Sonic's standing sprite be integrated into some Rom hacks around here.

7. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    [​IMG]

EDIT: and here are some mountains I made:
    [​IMG]

8. The Parasprite

The Parasprite

Sonic Rewind
    Wow. He fessed up. I wasn't sure if it was fake or real to be honest. But I'm a natural pessimist so my hopes weren't too high. I'm glad he fessed up, and gave the game out. I have have one question though: Why the heck would someone map the jumping button to "A"? Who does that?

9. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    I've never stopped the hunt.

10. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Ugh. Pretty childish of them, to think that they could fool us—of all people!: The home of the guy who developed a perfect port of Sonic CD, home of the Sonic Physics Guide, and home of the pedantic programmers who are able to extract milk from stone. :rolleyes:

That being said, this fan game is as shallow and as generic as any other fan game out there. There is absolutely 0 artistical value in the recreation of the techinal demonstration graphics, and there is absolutely 0 knowledge and effort value applied to it.

...And looking closely now, the collision bounding box is even worse than I've previously described. *sigh*

11. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    I find it amazing how saxman go it almost exactly right in the 9th post here. I bow down to you tech members with your super human knowledge and fangame detectors and whatnot.

12. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    Well, dudes. Here is the result of all. Oh yes. So you guys now know that this is in fact a fan-game. The hoax's author admitted everything, and, the channel's video says all I could tell. End of story.

EDIT: Fixing mistakes

13. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Regardless of your personal views on this hoax, the fact that it fooled a good chunk of the internet means there has to have been some "knowledge and effort" involved. It's the closest attempt at this sort of thing yet.

The fact it can't penetrate the walls of Sonic Retro, home to crazy people who substitute oxygen for 68000 assembly isn't grounds for something to suck. The only annoying thing about this was Yuji Naka's time being wasted because that paints the community in a bad light, otherwise, no harm was done.

14. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    So, since the truth came out... Can we lock this thread and trash it? I think we've seen enough of this crap.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Or move it to fangame discussion.

16. synchronizer

synchronizer

Wasn't Gardow creating a remake?

17. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
  18. Rokkan

Rokkan

I really don't like how everyone in Retro acted over this. Yes, it was obviously a hoax, we had most of the evidence pointing so at the first few pages. Did we need 20 fucking pages of people getting pissed that someone was doing a hoax and actually fooling misinformed people? Like pretty much all hoaxes good or bad usually does?

All the vibe I got from this thread was "HOW DARE HE TRICK SO MANY PEOPLEEEE" "UGH HOW DARE PEOPLE MAKE HOAXES", caring WAY TOO MUCH about a fucking hoax that I was initially happy that it was made in hopes that it would spark a discussion to something somewhat more interesting like, idk, the discussion of the Tokyo Toy Show build in itself and people trying to replicate the graphics on their own or something??? Not that there wasn't people posting those things, but a dozen useful posts on 20 pages of people spouting the same tiring thing, some boarding on childish behavior isn't worth it at all.

19. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    It doesn't help when admin's were deleting posts and supporting this. I wanted to believe it as much as everyone else but come on, it was so obviously fake.

I also am not liking how much fame this shitty fan-game is getting. It isn't very good. the ONLY thing this helped me do was give me motivation to keep the hunt on for new stuff.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm still 100 % convinced it was him on this board. He admitted it was MMF (which it happened to be, hmm?) then all the sudden was like "lol jk I'm not even the guy". Personally, I'd ban his ass.

20. I don't think there'd have been nearly as much fuss about this if it weren't for the fact that the first thing people did was report it to Yuji Naka himself.