don't click here

Sonic Megamix

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Stealth, Jan 27, 2012.

1. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    #Facepalm if that lardass cat made it in.

2. Robjoe

Robjoe

Hey, at least Big would add actual gameplay variety. What unique (and practical) abilities would Metal Sonic have to offer?

... But seriously, as one of the level designers, believe me when I say that five characters are MORE than enough to worry about making unique abilities and level routes for. :x

3. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Breathing underwater, for one...

I would also go so far as to tweak physics for Metal as well... I guess this is easier said than done.
    Also, if one could find any use for his Sonic CD abilities, it would be nice to see. I suppose that compared to the others, he isn't as diverse, but logically, he would eliminate the need for air bubbles.
    Amy Rose would also be a diverse character in her own right. The Amy in Sonic 1 & 2 hacks proved that.

EDIT: I don't give a fuck... Big is still a lard ass piece of shit cat... He can't do anything outside of a fishing pole and his abducted "friend" Froggy.

4. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    Not saying this has to happen in Megamix, but I think it might be interesting to give Metal Sonic a charge-based jump, with him traveling further and quicker the longer you spent charged. It might limit movement too much for a game that's based around Sonic's gameplay, but it might make an interesting, more puzzle-based option in a hack.

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    It's obvious. Metal Sonic would have his Black Shield from SA2B, complete with its batshit-ridiculous physics.

6. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Hey boy, you best not be talking shit about Big the Cat. He'll slap your shit around and ride a giant frog.

Metal would be an interesting addition, yes, but as said, Megamix has enough on it's plate as is. Still, seeing the Black Shield in 2d would be an interesting idea.

7. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    While this did mean the sprites previously, I'm pretty sure this would apply to contributed ideas too. :x Sorry guys, I know you want to help and are excited, but we have things planned already. As Robjoe has said, five characters with unique abilities and routes is more than enough to design for.

8. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I just love this forum. :v:

And, yes... Megamix is big enough as is... simply an idea.

9. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Sonic Mania, HCGE, Sonic Megamix, SonED2, [...]
    If you're not trying to sound assertive in hopes that you'll either convince somebody to do something after they repeatedly tell you to lay off, or so that you can try and claim credit for it happening later if any of it does in fact happen for any reason whatsoever, then you seriously need to reconsider the way you conduct yourself. If it weren't a better idea for you to just let it be rather than responding again in the first place, the sentiment implied by that last part was certainly inappropriate

Also, if after having a moment to think it over, this is the kind of thing that you'd edit into a post, you might want to take at least two moments next time. You suddenly became a whole lot less reasonable when you added what amounts to a tantrum to an otherwise decent response (although that in itself also pretty much amounted to telling Robjoe to get back in the level layout kitchen and make another twenty-four-to-fourty-eight extra route sandwiches. I don't really appreciate that any more than he problably did)

If you still want to participate in the discussion, that's fine; just don't be pushy

10. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Wow... I didn't realize it would be taken completely out of context like this...

First, I wasn't trying to convince anyone of anything, or try to take credit for anything... I don't care to have credit for anything... I was simply throwing an idea out there... doing so with the knowledge that Megamix already has a shitload of content and it would likely not happen anyway... Others had some ideas as well, and it was a fun idea, it seemed like we were having fun... Someone also threw the thought of Big in... (to which I laughed uproariously and personally dismissed.) I'm not saying that Big is a bad idea... in fact, Robjoe is right, Big would be a diverse addition. Which leads me to the second point.

I wasn't trying to disrespect anyone with my nasty comment about Big... I wasn't trying to throw a tantrum, or trying to offend Robjoe's idea, or anyone else's... That was just me having fun... and sometimes when I poke fun, I come across as an asshole. My bad. Look if I still offended you or anyone else, maybe we can PM each other about it, and trash this post. My bad.

11. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    Bark the Polar Bear > Big the Cat

12. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Big in Megamix is a really old joke; there's hoaxes in the previous threads if you have the time... it was around after the Tails reveal, IIRC.

13. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Big would likely need a separate project of his own so we could reprogram all the levels into minigames with water for Froggy fishing. :v:

Five playable characters is admitedly steep anyway, unless there is a possibility for NPC roles (eg. a non Eggman boss).

14. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    I would rather see Big play like he did in Sonic Heroes than ever have to go fishing in another Sonic game. People tend to forget his usefulness in Sonic Heroes and only think about the Sonic Adventure experience.

15. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Heroes Big was fun, it's just Adventure Big has much more lol value. What's funnier than turning one of the fast paced, adrenaline pumped Sonic titles into a fishing minigame?

Should anyone make an actual Big project however, I suppose he could do both.

16. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    I suppose Metal Sonic, if anything, could be a skin for Sonic :p

That aside, loving what you guys are doing so far. Outta curiosity, how many tracks do you guys believe are at a finished state, out of how many you plan to have composed? I like the new music quite a bit and I'm interested in how much has been done at this point, and how many custom tracks you guys have plans for.

17. dsrb

dsrb

Who's doing the music, anyway? I know GeckoYamori was going to be composing everything, but now isn't doing it all - I previously wondered if he had stopped altogether, but the latest video has a track by him. Are the composer(s) doing the arranging, importing, etc. too?

18. Robjoe

Robjoe

Are you sure you're not thinking of DMAshura?

DMAshura did Sunny Shores ages ago and then fell out of contact with us, as I recall. The more recent tracks have been composed by Verse and then rendered by Tweaker, with the exception of Gecko Yamori having done City Outskirts.

19. dsrb

dsrb

You're right: it was DMAshura who might have been doing the OST. In cases like this, I've usually seen different people's names around the place but never really know of any specific song/product/whatever to tie to any of them, so I tend to get mixed up. Thanks for the information!

20. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Just a thought but if people have so many excess ideas for Megamix that likely can't make the cut, maybe it would be worth someone reviving Sonic 2 Megamix.