don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    And that, in turn, is based off a Motobug, so it's not like the Rhinobot screamed of design originality either.

In fact if I had to compare these two to anything it'd be these bosses from Sonic 2 Game Gear

http://info.sonicretro.org/Inobuta_Mecha
    http://info.sonicretro.org/Mecha_Sea_Lion

2. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Interesting, maybe big badniks are acting as act 1 bosses.

Oh well, it's back to "fuck you, rehash!" again I guess.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That wouldn't be all that bad honestly, I miss the days of the Act 1 boss.

I'm kind of hoping this game does a 2 Act, boss at the end of each act format like Sonic 3. I didn't much care for the special Robotnik act, since you could never fight him while Super. But then again Metal Sonic is in this game, and since his boss battle is 99% likely to be a race, perhaps a Sonic CD act structure is in order.

I'm curious if the inclusion of a more Sonic Colors/Generations art style indicates that Robotnik might use the Eggmobile from Sonic Generations. The Sonic 4 one had huge wings for no reason.

4. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    This is true. I honestly just hope it does something different, or interesting. I kind of want to see weird badniks like Toximister, or even Clamer.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It's hard to say. Being a Boar it'll probably have some charge move of some type. The "Spikes" badnik will most likely function like the Sonic 1 enemy. The Seal though... I have no idea what that will possibly do. Typically the only aquatic enemies are fish, and the only enemies in Ice Cap were an Orbitron thing and the Penguinator. Assuming the seal is not a boss, only Sega knows what this thing will do.

Guessing from what enemies we have I'm saying there's a Beach level and an ice/water level. I have no problems with either.

6. bolt7

bolt7

Looks like Rotor from the US comics. Guess that means we will be getting an ice level, Maybe Ice Cap rehash? :v:

7. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Well, a lot of fans were asking for Ice Cap to be a Generations DLC stage, perhaps that convinced them to make an ice themed zone.
    Really liking these new badniks though, especially Steelion.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I want both. I love snow levels, and to not have DLC levels in Sonic Generations is a wasted opportunity.

If Unleashed and Sonic 06 had DLC, Generations should too.

9. cornholio857

cornholio857

The Great Cornholio Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    You have to roll attack him like Caterkiller. A simple Spin Attack will not work as the seal will raise his head and bounce Sonic away with his nose. Yes, I just made that up, but that was the first thing to come to mind when I saw the concept art. :v:

10. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Well, it implies good physics, then. :v:

Anyway, I kinda like the look of these badnicks. But let's see how it looks in 3D, shall we?
    (Because the episode 1 artworks were kinda cool, but the 3D models quite awfull in my opinion)

11. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    I could see the seal/sea lion badnik in a Carnival/Water Trope Stage (bounces a ball into the air from underwater?), and "spikes" probably would fit in a beach level, but the boar one would fit any non-Water, Green Hill-ish Stage trope, so that one is harder to guess.

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    >Sonic jumps on seal badnik
    >It catches him on its nose, bounces him around then repels him
    >Killing it requires rolling into it

Platforming element? Might be cool.

13. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Still not too excited, I want to see some actual gameplay before I get too excited. Regardless, I like the new designs and attempts at originality.

14. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
  15. Lambda

Lambda

Unleashed did have DLC. You could download extra acts, which were really just the old acts modified with different traps and such. It was lame, but it was DLC.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    No I know that, I was saying those two games both had DLC, and they weren't nearly as popular as Generations, thus Generations should get DLC. But that's off topic.

17. OverlyEquipped

OverlyEquipped

OverlyEquipped Member
    [​IMG]

As much as I know that this does resemble a lot off of the Rhinobot and Rhinotank. . . . that's still a pretty cool design.

[​IMG]

The seal badnik on the otherhand. . . . not so much..

18. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Blasphemy! The Seal is THE crowning achievement of E2.

19. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

Seal badnik.

Hermit Crab badnik.

...beach/sea zone confirmed?

20. Emerald Hill would make a great deal sense. In fact, we should have anticipated it.