don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic Release thread

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Mar 18, 2011.

1. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I'm definitely not re-uploading it again. I was pulling down 60gb+ of bandwidth a week last time, which seems like a lot!

My host tells me I have "unlimited bandwidth", but you know that's never true and I'd rather not find out how "unlimited" it really is.

2. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
  3. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    Thank you very much for this, Billy. Now with a better PC I'll finally can experiment this fangame I was failed on download through the other services. Thanks a lot!
    @ Blaze Hedgehog: You could use Drobpox. It's much better and it allow direct link to the file download.

4. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Cheers Billy. Think that'll last till the end of the day? I'm out right now and my laptop won't hold out for the 4 hours it's going to take from this crappy WiFi connection I've got.

5. Billy

Billy

Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Hoping to keep it up about a week, provided bandwidth doesn't become an issue.

6. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Awesome. SFGHQ should put up a torrent of this.

Or something.

7. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I thought about this last night before I went to bed. I'll start searching for some web space. I feel like I will never be able to keep this thing up for more than a month.

8. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    I'd say go with the Dropbox suggestion. starts at 2GB and you can get 250MB for every person who installs dropbox via your referral link.

9. Falk

Falk

Dropbox honestly is the best thing ever. I don't understand how people can still stand dicking around with clunky browser upload interfaces and captchas/WAIT 5 MINUTES LOOL downloads.

10. Billy

Billy

Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Dropbox has a download limit, just btw. I second the torrent suggestion.

11. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Glad to see people are still trying to get ahold of this, though! I still get the urge to run through it like I would any other Sonic game. It's great stuff!

12. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    I third Torrent and also recommend dropbox, I also recommend depositfile (although for me it's been acting off lately, it never completes the downloads as of late), I would have said Filesonic but now you can't download files from other people anymore (I hope that changes back to normal after awhile), ACTA and the FBI must have really startled them after Megaupload went down.

As for what happend to Megaupload (Off topic sorry), it really does suck but I heard the owner of the site was too damn cocky for his own good, so I wouldn't blame the FBI for doing their job rather then the cocky idiot who brought himself down in the end. :p

13. On a slightly different topic, could somebody please tell me how to fight the final boss? I simply can't find the spot I'm supposed to hit. Every time I try to attack it, Sonic gets hurt instead.

14. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I will torrent the son of a bitch if I knew how. I'm 100 percent for uploading this if someone could at least give me a decent server that can withstand the load/won't delete it because they think it's an actual product of sega

While he's shooting his hands he's vulnerable.

15. Vangar

Vangar

Okay, can someone put this on Mediafire or something? I'm trying to get a copy of this again. :D

16. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    I'm mirroring this to several file-uploading sites at this moment.

Not sure if this'll help any with it getting taken down over and over again, but for paranoia's sake, I double-archived it (it's a RAR inside a 7z), gave it a ridiculous name, and stripped all the tags out of the mp3 files.

I'll give you guys a holler when it's done uploading.

17. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    http://www.mediafire.com/?3a0y06i4fqiqq1b
    http://www.mediafire.com/?cb8ojz9zo0c0pdc

For some reason media fire allowed the musicless version AND the music file to stay up seperate.

18. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    If they get deleted, a trick I've heard that works is to make a split rar, and then zip all of the individual rar files up and upload that. You could also try changing file names to something like "SClassic.rar".

Of course, that's if Sega isn't the one sending takedown notices (I don't see why, they've never bothered with this stuff before). I think most upload places have bots that automatically nuke files that look even the slightest bit suspicious.

Or you're getting taken down for using too much bandwidth (or using to little).

19. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    It was definitely a copy right notice.

20. Wait, from SEGA?! So, that would mean...

You made a fan-game so good that SEGA of all people are actively against it. That would have to be a first. Wow...

Or is it just something like the sites themselves thinking that they shouldn't host it?