don't click here

Looping and Playing Back Ogg Files

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by GeneHF, Jan 13, 2012.

1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    So I figure that maybe it's about time I move away from making mp3s and into oggs for all the looping purposes I do.

So, here's the situation. I set up the file in Audacity as I should:

-Write the sample start time and sample length
    -Trim the rest of the song except for the opener (if any)
    -Add LOOPSTART and LOOPLENGTH in the meta tag areas with the respective sample number
    -Export as ogg

Upon playing them in PSOBB, it stops at the end and doesn't go to the loop point. In foobar, at least from an initial install, it doesn't loop. Winamp is the same. Am I doing something wrong here? Here's the file in question I made.

Any help would be appreciated (and feedback of course, even if it's a little more Creative Works in that regard) because I'm honestly stumped.

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Does the file extension have to be .logg? I'm sure I saw this mentioned somewhere before with regards to in_vgmstream...

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Yeah, switching it to .logg made the loop kick in finally, but it fades out after second loop instead of going on continuously which I imagine is something to do with plugin settings. (EDIT: Yep.)

The other thing is when chucking it into PSOBB (my little guinea pig for all this), it straight up cuts off.

4. Afro Thunder

Afro Thunder

Call Da Doctor! Member
    NS, Canada
    Trying to get outta Dr. Dre mode, and actually release an album.
    If you're using .logg format Winamp, change in_vgmstream's stettings to loop forever. It won't cut off or fade out.

5. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    The extra tags need to be named the same as they are in the original files. Look at one as an example.
    The proper tag is "loop_start", with the underscore and no caps.