don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Nova

Nova

"It's bland and boring and looks like Sonic 2's, boo"

What the fuck did you expect from a company clearly cashing in on nostalgia

I'm going to go with this. It's a logo, I don't fucking care, at least (as said above) it's not terrible.

2. OverlyEquipped

OverlyEquipped

OverlyEquipped Member
    While I think that it's just incredible on how well that might of worked if Sonic Generations had come out before Sonic 4, I can only feel indifferent with the thought of how either way you look at it, the game Sonic 4 (with how it is how it is) was a rehashed mess with glossy styrofoam textures in the mix of Sonic Adventure-esque badniks.

... but yeah, that edit you made is pretty fucking awesome.

3. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Ok guys, after several pages I think the logo discussion has officially been done to death.

4. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Then why not lock the topic until we get something tangible to discuss? :v:

5. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    At least there was actual renders of Classic Sonic this time to avoid 15 pages of redesigns.

6. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    I'm gonna be optimistic about this game. Tails himself hasn't been playable in a main game since Sonic 06, right? This should be fun.

7. Scripten

Scripten

Cue announcement that Tails isn't actually playable, or is not able to fly, because they are "bringing back that classic Sonic 2 feel!"

8. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Complete with a less effective homing attack.

9. Vendettagainst

Vendettagainst

Apparently shooting kills things Member
    As far as I remember you could play as Tails.

10. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Yeah, but not in Sonic 2 GG/MS.

11. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    Here's a quick template for the guys at home that want to do a better job than SEGA at the logo.

http://I.imgur.com/mEpgw.jpg (Full sized image)

Here's a preview of the great works you can do with this!
    [​IMG]

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    May I make a pointed reminder to everyone that Shark Week is still in effect.

HINT HINT.

13. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    I think this thread needs to get locked, to few information is abound and the few information there is tempt us too hard. In all seriousness, I expect the game to be better than its title screen implies. Chances are that even that title screen will be changed. It happened with Sonic 2 if I remember correctly.

14. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    We're not locking it for the simple fact we'll get half a billion BAWWWWW WHY IS THE SONIC 4 THREAD LOCKED threads. Is it so much to ask for a little restraint?

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well it's funny cause either they baww that the thread is locked or rehash the same convo forever and ever until new info comes out. Good ol trickle down marketing.

Anyways I never got to make my statement on this art due to my vacation. At first I was appaled, but I've grown to it slightly, except that Sonic's grin still makes him look like he has to poop. Honestly I feel like if they edited this piece it'd work even better. It's almost the exact same angle as the Sonic 2 title screen Sonic, which is what they're going for (well the head is anyway).

[​IMG]

16. dsrb

dsrb

^ Say what you want about the rest of that one (I think it's pretty good, at least in relative terms!); the mouth is way better. What is with the mouth on both the Sonic 4 title-screens? It looks awful.

17. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    I just dislike how Sonic is rendered exactly the same in every game he appears in. I can't think of any other game series that does this, it's just lazy.

This game is just lazy.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The Mario series has actually used the same renders forever. I actually prefer it this way, before Sonic Unleashed each game used a different render, each with varying quality. While there is room for improvement with the current render, it's the best one we have of Modern Sonic so far. At the very least it's consistent, and I like that, since overall I have no real issues with the Unleashed renders. It's better then if they kept the Sonic 06 renders.

19. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuR_ALpzG9s&autoplay=1

20. I didn't see that because it was at the bottom of the page and the autoplay scared the fucking shit out of me and my high-volume headphones. I hope you're happy.

Anyway I think I'd prefer it if they just stopped using these renders and stuck to the 2D art they've had since Adventure. I like that style and it makes Sonic's mouth look more like a bent arrow than a vagina. Not to mention it doesn't even really look like he's smiling. I don't even know what that facial expression is, but it sure as hell ain't a smile. Clearly the hedgehog was not meant for this level of detail. The texture of his blue fur/skin/quills/whatever just looks...odd, especially when zoomed all the way in on those ultra-high res images.