don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    So far it seems to have what I expected it to have going by what the PR said. I assume the physics will be about the same as Classic Sonic in Generations 3DS, and they already said once the budget would be higher for the second episode. Thing is, I am going by what Ken said here. I much rather see some gameplay or at least some screenshots before I set my expectations for the game. I can say absolutely nothing about the game except OH NEAT TAILS IS PLAYABLE.

2. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    I hope they actually reveal some actual gameplay. The whole teaser of a teaser thing is getting stale.

Needless to say, I'm still holding out hoping some of these changes aren't just superficial.

3. I'm a little surprised at the lack of a Wii version, although I can't really say it makes much of a difference to me since I wouldn't be getting that one anyway. I'd rather have a Steam version, but Xbox 360 will do. I kinda wonder about the possibility of a Wii U or 3DS version now, though (although it does seem really unlikely atm).

4. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    No Wii version and it is not based on an autism simulator this time? And not entirely barren of anything enjoyable? Maybe it might be good!

They better let you play as Taxman, though, that is what I want most. To play as Taxman. Character Selection: Christopher Whitehead the Taxman.

5. Falk

Falk

If they're going to go through all the trouble to get EP1 and/or Sonic CD up on steam (if the registry mining is to be believed and they follow through with it) I don't see why EP2 wouldn't end up on the platform as well. We all know SEGA's notorious track record of marketing the PC version of Generations for example.

6. As long as they fix the issue where Sonic stops music when you stop holding right, I'll be happy.

7. TheLoz

TheLoz

UK
    Learning
    This. There's a lot of PC gamers out there and it'd be pretty ridiculous to ignore the PC platform with EP2, especially given how well Generations sold on Steam. Sega's support for PC hasn't been incredible so far but hopefully they'll get on ths properly.

8. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    If there isn't a Wii or at least Steam version they're going to piss a lot of people off - including me, since I only have a Wii and a computer.

Oh well, some hope I guess.

9. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    No Wii or PC versions is a dick move. SEGA have always supported the Wii and to suddenly drop it, when there are plenty of Sonic fans with the console, seems like a bad business decision.

10. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    'twould be fantastic to see some gameplay, and maybe a look at Tails.

Wait, when did anyone say anything about soundfonts? That's just blind assumption.

Wait, what's this about load times? I wouldn't really call Episode 1's load times bad. At all.

11. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Wii retail games are good business for Sega, but WiiWare is another story. Plus WiiWare has limitations (like file size) that limit the game's potential on other platforms.

12. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    Wiiware's extremely low standards also limits the game from being good. That is sort of an issue!

PC versions are obviously hidden/delayed to reduce perceived piracy.

13. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Stop right there. There are no soundfonts to be used. You could say that, in a way, the WiiWare version of Episode 1 used a soundfont, but the music for every other version of the game did not use "soundfonts".

That said, I kinda hope whoever's doing the music for this game changes the style. With changed gameplay and an alternate art style, there's no reason not to!

Also, I'm willing to bet that the "new art style" is precisely why there's no WiiWare version. And I don't recall the PC version of Generations being announced at release, either.

14. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Android as a platform? Would like a port of Episode 1 before this release. Still, Tails and Metal Sonic are always welcome!

15. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Yeah, I was expecting 3 seconds of gameplay footage, there was none, they did better than I expected lulz.
    Get lost SEGA seriously, this PR is boring already. And as nice as Ken is, I won't take his words for granted until we see something. I've just fell too much for promises that are not kept.

16. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    The problem is that this trailer told us literally nothing. We've known Metal Sonic would appear since last May. Everyone guessed Tails would appear due to obvious hinting even a year ago.

17. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I didn't really have any interest in Episode 2 before this trailer/interview. Honestly, seeing this only brought it up marginally. I want to wait until we see this new physics engine in action before I make an opinion.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Here. Come the final build they disguised them as extended title cards, but loading times are still there. They aren't really bad at all, just longer than I'd expect for such a game.

19. serpx

serpx

I really, really hope this is a new game that actually significantly adds to the Sonic "Genesis" storyline. Reintroducing Tails, Knuckles, etc. as playable characters doesn't excite me one bit -- because it's nothing new. (Well, I'll admit I'd be slightly more stoked for a playable Knuckles since it's been a LONG while). And what are they going to possibly do with Metal Sonic? Hopefully something interesting. I think I'd rather see new robotic foes, but perhaps they could do something cool with Metal so we'll see.

20. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Well, it does apparently tell us there'll be some co-op moves- "new surprises" and then the blue laser and the yellow laser roll as a team.

Also I'll be a dick and tell you guys the reason they haven't shown neither logo nor gameplay nor design is that they want to make it a surprise that they'll use the Classic Designs.

Also Also Ken's beard is magnificent and worth all the idiotic PR.