don't click here

General Project Screenshots/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Sparks, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Needs a lot more variety in level design unfortunately. Straight line zone the game has been the flaw of many a 3D hack, however it does look very nice, unlike a lot of 3D levels I've seen made.

2. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books

If I know my sprite sheets well...

That looks like JUS' Dio Brando?

3. The KKM

The KKM

Portugal

4. The KKM

The KKM

Portugal

5. snow toilet

snow toilet

I huff kitty litter Member
    Anytime, USA
    Sonic Grand Prix??
    Why are the screens so dark?
    Also, do I see the use of the Castlevania SOTN trees?
    Also, the clouds.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Kind of a strange use.

6. snow toilet

snow toilet

I huff kitty litter Member
    Anytime, USA
    Sonic Grand Prix??
    Why are the screens so dark?
    Also, do I see the use of the Castlevania SOTN trees?
    I guess that's cool.

7. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    le mockup
    [​IMG]

So yeah, it's pretty much Sonic 1 with more definition where possible, for now.

8. Cstyler

Cstyler

I just want to leave this here

[​IMG]

9. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Dude. Whoa. That is some masterful pixel art right there. Can we get some details on this bad boy?

10. Cstyler

Cstyler

Well, first of all, that pixel art is just edited and graphics from various games. I do it everytime, here are some old examples: 1, 2, 3, 4.

Talking about SA2:Aftermath, I'm not sure at the moment if it is going to be a fangame, but I think at least I'll be able to make some kind of short movie.

11. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    [​IMG]
    I'm gonna keep this post short and sweet. I'm putting together a fangame project using GML entitled Sonic Trilogy Enhanced. It's not ready to have a demo released yet...

[​IMG]
    Sonic in the "Test Zone" with debug lines showing, and a first draft of the new HUD, based on Sonic 4's HUD. The Colors will change based on characters, and the ring is animated. (BTW the stopwatch icon HAS been updated and looks better). This shot was taken before the conversion to a 16:9 screen format.

[​IMG]
    Here is a mockup of a map for the Free Play Mode. Shown is a SELECT tab, with zone/act selections, player choices, a range of difficulty settings and saved records. Challenges tab will have red star rings (adopted from Sonic Generations, but done in a slightly different way) and the third tab will allow for gameplay modding and debugging.

I've got only got a couple screenshots to put at the moment,
    but I got a Facebook page up with many frequent updates, as well as a couple screenshots and mockups. It's coming along a bit slow. Show some support for fangaming and "Like" this page.
    There is plenty more that is/has been implemented in the game. Check out the Facebook page for more!

12. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    That's some clever use of the Flashback art.

13. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    I was going to say that; and also point out that the very 'square' nature of it (no slopes or curves to speak of) doesn't lend itself very well to Sonic Shadow running around, but hey.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    You treading some dangerous waters boy. In order to do this right, it will have to play like the originals. Succeed and be a hero. If not, prepare to suffer the consequences of this game falling flat on its face

I always like projects like this though. A sort of all inclusive game. Give it a shot, I'm curious to see the final product.

EDIT: Oh wait I just saw on your FB page that you're making new layouts for each level. Ok, less necessary for perfect physics, but good level layouts are a must.

15. dsrb

dsrb

That HUD is not bad, except for the fact that it also contains the lives counter, which is bad. It doesn't fit.

Also, obligatory "JPEG??"

16. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Yea, I'm looking to make it feel just like the originals, and I know what's at stake if I fail. There will be some slight alterations as to how each character plays, such as abilities not seen in the originals (optional or unlockable) Plus I'm trying out different ideas to make all 3 games tie into each other.

Levels will have new layouts, while retaining what the originals had. I'm also researching what kinds of things the betas of the games had, so as to put them in as well. There are also new levels ported from the handheld originals to tie them in too... and a little bit of original stuff.

Yea, I'm trying out different things to make it all look nicer. There will be a change. The one you see was the first one I drew up....

17. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    Twitch Streams
    The only problem with this is, according to Shadow the Hedgehog, one of Eggman's robots saved Shadow from the fall. Guess you're going off the "he survived the crash into the ground" way of things instead of following canon, which was how it was thought to have happened before ShtH clarified it.

Though, I find it funny, people thought Shadow couldn't have survived the fall...but he never lost his Super form from what we saw (which this project of yours seems to take note of). And Super forms are pretty much invincible. But that's aside the point.

Still, it looks really interesting, hopefully something actually comes out of it.

18. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member
    (Hope I'm not bumping)

Currently making a fangame. Something I haven't done in a long time :V

Also, I have no name for it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Currently using the Dash Engine and the sprites (I think) are made by Overbound, the guy behind Sonic Time Twisted. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

I think I spent 2 hours switching engines and than decided on using Sonic Dash, than finally replacing most of the sprites.

19. Derf

Derf

*Insert witty member title here* Member
    Yonder, Hither.
    Sonic ExoGenesis
    Nothing there is yours at all, the Sonic sprites are Gardow's and I should know as I use them myself. The rest is just the regular dash/dash+ engine.

In news for my game I don't really have much that I can show off unfortunately but I can assure everyone that I'm working with a partner and making an engine from scratch and it's coming along great so decent progress will be soon. I might show some new level art soon until then enjoy two updated backgrounds and an idle pose for Nack.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Have some old screenshots of the engine.
    [​IMG]

Also when I get an engine demo test out and another levels screenshots which will be 4/5 zones screenshots will I have enough for a seperate thread?

20. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    Damn, some of that stuff looks pretty nice, especially CStyler's.

You're right on the money. It is Dio. His Jump Super Stars sprites, to be exact.
    The darkness, trees and the clouds are mostly for atmosphere - it's meant to be dark, rainy and somewhat foreboding.