don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Keep pressing down on the time attack level select, providing you've done the normal levels in under 25 minutes.

2. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    To elaborate, yes, you have to unlock the special stage time attack. Whittle down the main stage time attack values to 25 minutes total, and a "Next" should show up in the bottom-right of the screen, selecting which will open the special stages menu. (Contrasted to the original, where you had to press left - and I don't recall there being any indication that it had opened up, or that it even existed.)

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    And here I thought I was missing something because I slammed my Time Attack time to sub-23.

4. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I'm annoyed there still isn't a PC release date yet. Maybe it's because of the Steam sales. Whatever the reason, it's ridiculous I can't play it on my preferred platform right now.

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It wouldn't sell well if it was released now anyway, it would get ignored because of the holiday sale.

6. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Just got a reply from Sega's twitter they are trying to find out what's up with this but a lot of staff are already on their Xmas holidays. If they could just let us know if it's going to be soon or not for a week or longer that'd be useful.

7. Tyty

Tyty

KNUXEDO KAMEN Member
    ↑ & ↓ & ↻
    Yeah, I kinda noticed that too. I'm by no means good at Sonic CD, but he was rubberbanding like it was Mario Kart >_>

Anywho, beat Sonic CD for the first time! With all the Generators!...

I feel like I don't want to play it again. Screw finding all of those AND the holograms without a guide :(

8. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Come to think of it, did he fix it so the Metal Sonic fight doesn't play the bad future music in the good future? That always annoyed the fuck out of me. No one's mentioned it, so I guess not!

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's been mentioned. IIRC, it was like that in the JPN/EUR version because the Good Future music didn't fit the race at all, but in the US version the good theme still plays because it's still somewhat dark. In this version however the Bad Future music will play regardless of which soundtrack you're using.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Nope that's no glitch. Actually I was always curious why they didn't play the boss song during the race, or a different theme all together.

11. nesboy43

nesboy43

Im going to sound like a noob here, but in all my years of playing Sonic games I've never went for the extra stuff (generators, projectors, time stones). As a kid the special stages on every game just seemed weird and confusing to me so I would just try and exit out of them as soon as a I got in (running into red spheres). I wanted to try and get everything 100% for Sonic CD but had some problems.

1) The Generators take forever to find and there seem to be more Future than Past signs, finding them slows done the pace of the game for me and makes it more unenjoyable. Is there some trick to finding them or is it just a matter of coming across it?
    2) I had 6 Time Zones, however when doing the 7th special stage on Metalic Madness Act 2 I ran out of time. Is there a way to go back and get the 7th time stone or do I have to make another file?
    3) What purpose do the projectors serve? Destroying the generators makes a good future even if the projector is still going.
    4) Is there a way to play Time Attack as tails?

12. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
    Alright, I'll help out in answering some of your questions.

1. You just have to find the past signs, in most stages there is usually one pretty close to the beginning, Sonic CD was meant more for exploration rather than just speeding through the level (Though you can do that as well.) So when you get to the past look around a bit, you'll find the generators and projectors easily (There aren't any projectors in Metallic Madness, so don't go looking for them there.)
    2. You'll have to make another file, if you start to run out of time in a special stage be sure to pause and quit the game. Your save will resume on the Special stage so you can try again.
    3. There isn't really any purpose to them other than bringing animals back to the stage and getting the "Savior of the Planet" Achievement, they're mainly just an extra little thing to find.
    4. Don't think so, mainly because some levels *CoughMetallicMadness2Cough* would be wrecked by being able to use Tails so naturally he is not allowed to be used for time attack.

13. Skaarg

Skaarg

I already had the android version, but I was bored being computerless, and I broke down and bought it on my PS3. It really looks awesome in 1080p on the big screen! Not having the lyrics really does ruin the intro with the JP soundtrack, but that's of no fault to Taxman. One thing that would be awesome is an option for mixed soundtracks. There are some JP songs I like better and some US songs I like better. I need some more Retro members on my PSN friends list to compete against in Time Trials eventually. I only have one person right now.

PSN: Skaarg

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Also, I'm sure it's been addressed and I missed it, but when playing as Tails and after getting the seven mcguffins time stones, Stardust Speedway and Metallic Madness still came up as bad futures despite Quartz Quadrant and Wacky Workbench both coming up good futures. Any reason why?

Also, the lack of past music in D.A. Garden makes me sad. :(

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I brought that up earlier in the topic too.

So sad. ;_;

16. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    PSN: StephenUK

Just added you. Anyone else up for time attacks, feel free to add me. It's a shame I can't recreate my original times in the remake, I had somewhere around 16'45 overall for the main stages and around 2 mins for the special stages. As good as this remake is, and I appreciate the amount of work and effort gone into it, there are just a few little changes here and there which can really destroy time attack times.

17. Something I noticed that I don't remember from the original, but might've been there.

I was bored just now so I decided to beat the game again with the US soundtrack turned on so I could hear the Sonic Boom ending theme during the ending credits. End credits come around, I get bored and look away to my computer, but as the theme fades out an acoustic version of Sonic Boom pops up that I've never heard before. There's no vocals and it's just a few chords, in fact it kinda sounds like Pinball Wizard by The Who. Did Taxman throw this in as an extra or was this always there?

18. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    I'm so painfully close to topping QQZ's boss. 21 miliseconds and it's mine.

19. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Always been there.

20. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Make it 23 miliseconds. Some dick cut off 27 on the top time and then I just got the second place time. I've never been so driven for something so frugal.