don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Tanks

Tanks

Well... You know... Those tails sprites and that one song you used for the JP ending... Mighty tempting if you catch my drift. (Also looking for that clear image of Desert Dazzle for documentation purposes :P)

2. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Planning on putting this on OnLive, Taxman?

3. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    The whole point of OnLive is so people with shit computers to play high end PC games.

There is absolutely no reason to put this on OnLive.

4. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
    The Taxman's engine is Mac compatible, no? That means we'll have a Mac version as well?

5. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Can someone just confirm there are no Metal Sonic Holograms in Metallic Madness? Sure there's not, but not risking my achievement because of it.

6. None whatsoever, just the robot generators/teleporters

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Yes, because the idea is that Metal Sonic is currently mangled in an impact crater in a wall somewhere in Stardust Speedway. :v:

8. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Oh, can you rip the new japanese time attack song? :DDDD

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Anyone want to rip the new opening and endings also? I find that without the lyrics the songs are a lot less cheesy.

Also if you'd be a dear and make it an mp3 for me that'd be great.

10. Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Renard Oldbie
    It has been ripped already. Get the Android package Montblanc posted.

Kudos to him by the way. I "fixed" two friends game installs thanks to this package, couldn't download from the official servers after the game was bought. This has been really handy as of now.
    And I have yet to even try the game on my HTC Desire (but don't expect much from the hardware). Doesn't matter if it doesn't run smoothly, since I already cleared the PS3 version.

11. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Boo, my #1 time in Tidal Tempest Act 3 was beaten by a guy who did it in 44 seconds (versus my 50 seconds).

A guy who doesn't have a single achievement in Sonic CD despite somehow beating my time by a full six seconds.

:ssh:

12. Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Renard Oldbie
    Is there a « Post your PSB/XBL id » thread somewhere on Retro? It might be fun competing with the community (and I know I'll be bad at it!)

Also, I'd be fun to include a simultaneous competitive racing in the classic games, having to compete against each others' ghosts à la Trackmania. Imaging having 8 players rushing through Stardust Speedway :v:
    Sonic 2 was fun online on Kaillera, too. Might look forward to this kind of competitive online mode, if it's ever made possible thanks to the Retro Engine.

13. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
    I fail to understand how it is possible to finish Metallic Madness Zone 2 in 34 Seconds. The best time I ever got was 2:14 (Which was at the top of the iOS leaderboard the day I got that.)

14. TheLoz

TheLoz

UK
    Learning
    Glad to see this remake kicks ass - been watching some videos of the XBLA version, very smoothly done.
    Still no word on the Steam release, not even confirmation of whether or not it'll be this year. How frustrating.

15. Eric Wright

Eric Wright

Born into this. Oldbie
    Can I just ask why people are requesting soundtrack rips from the game?

For the US soundtrack, just download the "Sonic Boom" CD... it has extended cuts of nearly every song from the game (full-length Wacky Workbench Present = <3)
    For the JP soundtrack, download one of the beta Sega CD ISOs, if I recall correctly, one of them has versions of all the original music without fadeout

16. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Sonic the Hedgehogg boom CD does not feature : Collision Chaos GF, Metallic Madness Present and GF and the Boss track has minimal changes, I guess Sterling was lazy xD.

And there's a new JP track which is a cut version of "Brand New World" used in the time attack.

17. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Someone's done PPZ 2 in 10 seconds on the iPod version. What!?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  18. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Enjoy (JP Time Attack). I recreated this on Techokami's request. This is also with double the quality compared to the one on the game.

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I was wondering, has anybody edited the opening and two endings so they play the Japanese music with vocals?

20. Because that fucking looping <3