don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Yes, it's "edge hog". However, for some reason "hedge ho" is a much funnier turn of phrase for me.

2. I did not wanna bump up a nearly a six year old topic to the main page, but according to Project2612, this song is credited towards Tatsuyuki Maeda. Yet in Windy and Ripply (which samples it in the intro), it was credited to Jun Senoue.
    I'm simply wondering if whomever tagged the VGM set had the boss themes mis-tagged. (Since Jun was credited on the other boss theme), or if they're correct and Meada was not credited in SA, because it was just a few seconds in the intro.

P.S. While we're on the subject, why was Howard Drossin credited for "Congratulations", if that song was grouped in with two other songs done by Jun? I'm assuming a sloppy tagging job.

3. E102

E102

"γ" Member
    I've found those albums by Marvelous Entertainment (with the MJCA code) to be fairly shallow when it comes to crediting original composition for people other than the main composer and/or the arranger. In the SA OST alone we have the following:

-Mt Red: a Symbol of Thrill (Music & Arrangement: Kenichi Tokoi) & Red Hot Skull (Music & Arrangement: Jun Senoue)
    -Tricky Maze (Music & Arrangement: Fumie Kumatani) & Leading Lights (Music & Arrangement: Kenichi Tokoi)
    -Theme of "E-102?" (Music & Arrangement: Fumie Kumatani) & Event: Unbound (Music & Arrangement: Kenichi Tokoi)
    -Bad Taste Aquarium (Music & Arrangement: Jun Senoue) & Red Barrage Area (Music & Arrangement: Kenichi Tokoi)
    -Mechanical Resonance (Music & Arrangement: Kenichi Tokoi) & Crank the Heat Up!! (Music & Arrangement: Jun Senoue)

Another example is with the first Panzer Dragoon Saga OST (MJCA-00009), where Nanba is given full credit for The Black Fleet when it's actually based off one of Kobayashi's compositions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67LiP-mtpMw - Noble Rebel Army
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHJFDJWoMc8 - The Black Fleet

That certainly appears to be the case. The description of this video by LOSt is proof of that.

"And third is Howard Drossin's No Way"

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    ..."What is an edge hog?" This clue barely makes sense, and they make no mention of adding a space. =P

5. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Edge hogs have NOTHING to do with seats, as far as I'm concerned. The term has only one worthwhile meaning:

[​IMG]

6. SadisticMystic

SadisticMystic

a user Member
    This is patently false. If you let 100 minutes go by, the visible timer simply freezes at 99:59.99, but you can continue to play. In SADX, that's all there is to say about it, but in the original Dreamcast version, the timer continues ticking invisibly, all the way up to 127:59.99 until it too stops with no consequence. That extra time is never fully visible anywhere, but parts of it can be gleamed from the level complete screen, or from the trial mode level selection screen if for some reason that 100+ minute completion happens to be your best time.

SA2 doesn't have anything version-specific there, just a cap at 99:59 and you can continue on your merry way, having lost all semblance of a time bonus more than an hour and a half ago.

But there are some things it does have version-specific, and the reason I came to post here is one of them.

This is what happens when you fill out abandoned object entries with null bytes instead of deleting them entirely. 131 of them all in the same file...quite a collection of discarded data for the team that ported and revamped the levels.

7. Espyo

Espyo

Portugal, Porto, some street
    A Pikmin fan engine - Pikifen (https://pikminfanon.com/Pikifen)
    I think I speak for most of us when I say that I had no suitable expression for when I saw you collect that wad of rings. That does mark a new record at TSC, so congrats.

And edge-hog is a term used in Smash Bros. :B

8. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
  9. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
  10. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    While playing through Taxman's Sonic CD remake, I managed to get stuck in Stardust Speedway Act 2. At first I thought a spring was missing, but no, after consulting the maps, it's like this in the original game too.
    [​IMG]
    oop

11. gold lightning

gold lightning

Does the remake have a suicide button like the original U.S. release (start + A)? Because I'd like to believe that situations like that are exactly why it was implemented.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    No, for some reason the game lacks a retry button. You can go back to the menu though and start over at the beginning of the act.

13. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    Not as great as some, but!

I was playing Generations and Crisis City; parts of the main melody play the same notes and melody as the verses of Moody Blues' Sun Is Still Shining from To Our Children's Children's Children. Its probably a coincidence here, still interesting.

I'd post examples, but mobile here.

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Also, kind of related, I noticed not being able to take at least one of the turns in those tube structures, in the remake.

15. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    In Sonic CD iOS there's a lot of holes in the roof of the Tidal Tempest levels. I've finished both by running across the top ala Mario Bros style.

16. Espyo

Espyo

Portugal, Porto, some street
    A Pikmin fan engine - Pikifen (https://pikminfanon.com/Pikifen)
    Aww man... That video I made was so stupid! It only had ONE purpose. To show people that Sonic the Hedgehog's debug code isn't 8 button presses long, just 6. And because I didn't want to make such a video that only lasted 10 seconds, I threw some stupid Tool Assisted goofing around in there.

...Looking at it again... I just went "what the fuck was that shit". Oh boy... Anyway, a decent Tool-Assisted goof with debug mode would be interesting to watch.

17. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Another difference from console to iOS version is in PPZ with the hidden tunnel which throws sonic through the wall at the end leaving the player shaped hole, on the console version you come out on flat ground, on iOS you come out on hilled ground aka a different tile is used for the floor in that area.

doesn't break the game at all, just different.

18. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Also the retry button on mobile ports and differnt colored water.

19. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.