don't click here

Sonic CD (2011) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ICEknight, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Was playing through Wacky Workbench last night (finally found alternative means to travel back to the Past in Quartz Quadrant). I noticed that in Act 2, the platforms towards the very bottom of the stage, which are supposed to constantly go up and down, crushing you if you stayed on top of them for too long... they were completely stationary, stuck in the "up" position, locking off that path entirely. I don't think they did that in the original, although correct me if I'm wrong.

Checked that during the Present and Good Future times, if it matters.

2. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I'll add in that my touch 4g runs the game perfect also, not had any problems so far in about 2 hours of play (spend most of my time on the 360 ver)

3. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I play the android version, on my father's Samsung Galaxy 2. This happens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The game is unplayable since tidal tempest. The water has no transparency at all. Also, when you stay underwater and don't move for a few seconds, the level restarts itself, making you lose a life ( but no drowning or death sound, it just restarts itself) The photos are from past zones, but this happens everywhere, not just in past, even in the main screen ( I cant't see CW logo! :( )

[​IMG]

Also, at first, there was sound only in videos, like Infiniti said, but I fixed that turning silence mode on (as strange that sounds).

4. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Yeah, that's weird. I don't think anybody else mentions having this kind of problems in the french appstore.

5. dsrb

dsrb

For the sake of completeness, from the Supreme Thread of Other Knowledge:

6. Infiniti

Infiniti

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Member
    UK
    I feel like a right retard now! XD I usually have my phone on vibrate (on account of the really crap ring tones on the S2)
    I put the ringing volume up and I got sound! :specialed:

7. bookman the stinky

bookman the stinky

literal trash Member
    the dong
    find motivation
    I just woke up so I'm not 100% sure on this but don't most apps rely on the media volume and not the system volume to determine the level?

8. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Really? It runs pretty smooth on my 3G. I've got occasional framedrop, but I've never run into input lag.

9. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Ok so, maybe it's because of the game center. After a reboot, The game worked again. I got an achievement I was supposed to have already, and then the same problem happened again after launching the game for the second time.

10. Tanks

Tanks

My one request: An option to remove the gamepad graphics in the android build. I use a Wiimote via a keyboard mod so I find it gets in the way or is just annoying at times. I'm sure those who use a tangible keyboard would appreciate this as well.

11. Infiniti

Infiniti

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Member
    UK
    Pretty-much yea, but I had my media volume up to begin with. It was only after reading ashthedragon's post that the penny dropped, and I tried turning the ring volume up too, and it worked.

12. Patback

Patback

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but for android tablets it would be nice to be able to re-position the d-pad and jump button so I don't have to hold my motorola xoom at it's base.

13. bookman the stinky

bookman the stinky

literal trash Member
    the dong
    find motivation
    Found something else.
    In Metallic Madness Act 2 Past, at the section with the swinging poles before the shrink beam, Sonic can't make make the jump to the ledge without a running start.

14. mikeru

mikeru

Mexico
    I noticed a bug that is annoying me quite a lot - and I'm not sure if no one else has noticed or if it has already been reported in the rather long Sonic CD topic.

The time you must be at top speed to time travel is too long.

For example, I tested it in Collision Chaos on both the Mega CD version (emulated) and the iOS version, and I wasn't able to warp on the iOS version unless I peeled-out way back from the Past sign (I did not record that, however:)

(Peeling-out was the only thing I did on both. I did not hit left or right or something else on the original one.)

While it may seem a minor annoyance, it makes it very hard to time travel in latter zones. I particularly find it painfully difficult to warp in Quartz Quadrant, and I have only managed to do so two times. It makes it incredibly hard to get the Saviour of the planet achievement :(

Also, a very, very minor bug, is that Sonic's sprite is supposed to disappear a little bit before the fade out to white begins. It's rather notable when he hits a wall, making him stop but the screen beginning to fade out to white and you watching him stay still. Or when you tap the opposite direction at the right time and he brakes.

Hope Taxman looks at it :)

15. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I was playing this on my iPod yesterday, and I passed a signpost with the Power Sneakers. After the jingle finished, it just went back to Palmtree Panic for the remainder of the results screen.

16. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Oh yeah. I meant to mention this as well! The weird thing I've noticed though is that it seems to vary. I don't know what the conditions are, though, but I've definitely had moments where it's felt correct, and other moments where it felt like I needed to hold my speed for 1-2 seconds longer than necessary.

Glad you got it on video, either way!

17. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this as well but I came to the conclusion it was the result of using Sonic 2 physics.

18. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Yeah, these hitboxes on the UFOs just do not feel "correct" at all. I'm sure they're accurate enough, but I always blamed that more on the crappy way they were rendered on the Sega CD. Now that they're rendered in a better facsimile of 3D, it just exposes what total bullshit the collision on them is.

[​IMG]

I have phased through so many of these things because I wasn't hitting them directly in the red circle I've marked.

The hitbox also feels very flat - not three dimensional at all. I'm very obviously supposed to intersect through the flat sprite instead of colliding with an object in 3D space.

Having the "main menu" option so far away on the pause menu is also really annoying as I'm trying to get my Special Stage time trial times under 4 minutes here, because it means there's no way to quickly restart a special stage if I'm running over my target time.

These two things combined is driving me absolutely up a wall right now.

19. Fuelbi

Fuelbi

I wanted to say that on my iPhone for some reason the music went off entirely on it. I don't know how it happened, but it happened while I was playing with Tails and I think I might've paused the game and locked my phone because of something that popped up that required my attention. ANY kind of music was gone from the game, except for the opening cutscene and MAYBE the final cutscene (I never got that far). The menu music was gone, the background music was gone, even the title screen and SEGA jingle sounds were gone. I ended up fixing it by turning my phone off and on, but it took me a couple of days to figure that out which I would've never figured out if it hadn't been for a similar problem someone posted in the thread.

Also, I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but I didn't get any achievements while playing with Tails in the iOS version. I found the angel statue in Wacky Workbench and I destroyed all the Metal Sonic holograms and all the generators in the past, but I never got an achievement for any of that, which disappointed me deeply.

Aside from those things that REALLY bothered me, great job on the game. I like it a lot better than I did the original version ^_^b

20. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth

I know that feel. Today I was doing all the less than 25 time trial and the less than 4 and the less than 4 was a test on my patience. I was able to go lower than 4 minutes but was it annoying!