don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. TheBoshy

TheBoshy

It's Boshy Time!!!
    Should there be a separate thread that has all the glitches being reported? That way someone can just edit the post to have the list of the glitches.

Taxman, ever since I saw that YouTube video I thought it was just a pipe dream to have this re-released in such high quality. Now you have made it a reality. This was my favorite Sonic game growing up due to the fact it was so different. Now I can take it everywhere!

2. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I've always found the UFO boxes to me small even on a mega cd, I think part of it is due to the sprite being just in front of the screen so it feels like you passed through it though you actually missed it while jumping upwards.

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    So you're taking them into account? In that case, I second the request for a topic about them.

I've found many small things that could be fixed, but have refrained from posting them because I thought that patching them wouldn't be feasable.

4. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Wow RhinestoneCircuit, you did that just for me~? Why thank you.

Sucks that I'm only going to be able to play this on the 20th.

5. So how about that Android Download server? Seems a bit of flimsy idea for the user to have to download 257mb or what not on top. I understand it's a large game, but the reviews on Android market place are slamming this game so fucking hard it's disappointing.

And on a related note, I still can't download it on android.

The XBLA version's fine though. Fantastic and fun the play. It's just so god awful that the licensing to the opening and ending themes weren't available. And what's up with the ending theme not matching the cgi? Sure the sound effects are there emphasied and such, but the music doesn't match to the video...

6. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Everyone with the iPod app, I would like you to check the leaderbaords for Palmtree Panic Act 1 and challenge me! ;) That was my 1st Time Attack run and I'm already 1st on the leaderboard. I need some real challengers!

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Challenge accepted.

Challenge won.

Better luck next time.

8. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    Was finally able to finish the Android download this morning. Loving it so much! It's draining about 1% per minute of gameplay of my battery, but that's to be expected I guess.

Anyone else having weird HUD issues? While Sonic and the background itself is "mostly-crisp", the HUD seems to have some odd blurring issues. I'm running an HTC Inspire 4G.

Also, what's the sensitivity level for the jump for the back button? I'm having quite the trouble getting it to work.

9. CalamityJames

CalamityJames

Toot Toot Sonic Warrior Member
    Tunbridge Wells, Kent
    Paying customs charges from Japan ¬_¬
    Probably massively noobish question, but I went back a few pages and didn't see anything, does anyone know how to sort the downloading issue on Android? It's been like this for about 20 mins now:

[​IMG]

Again apologies, I feel like such a noob :(

10. Rail Road

Rail Road

I just realized what was causing slowdown in PPZ on the Android version. When starting the level after the intro it will lag like hell. Exiting out and reloading the save fixes it. Can anyone else confirm this on their phone. I'm running EVO 4g CM 7.1 stable.

11. Eric Wright

Eric Wright

Born into this. Oldbie
    the longer warp timeframe has made it more difficult to cancel the warp if I've accidentally hit a "future" sign when Im trying to go into the past.. I'm usually able to jump and slow down right when the icon starts flashing, but now it always seems to last just long enough for me to get sucked into some pipe/tube/auto-dash/etc area and then I'm stuck warping :I

Quite the opposite, I used to blaze through them in the Sega CD version, and now they're infinitely harder for some reason... I figured the smoother gameplay would help, but I don't think I've finished a single stage in less than nearly two minutes. Dunno why I'm deficient..

12. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I bought it on Android on my dad phone and XBLA. Still hasn't played the XBLA one ( I can't play right now), and tried to install he android version but it doesn't download the extra data :(

13. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    For the Android version, all I can tell you is to plug your phone in, put it on Wifi, and don't let the screen turn off. It will connect and download eventually, it just takes ages.

14. CalamityJames

CalamityJames

Tunbridge Wells, Kent
    This is exactly what I've done, I'm approaching 40 mins and still nothing yet. :(

15. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    I just passed 999999 score ,,, and it rolled over to all 000000 again
    will this carry over to the leader boards correctly ?!
    god I hope so or hours of gaming down the drain....

16. Skaarg

Skaarg

Shame the download is messed up on Android. I'd really like to play this. Hopefully it'll go eventually, or I'll just have to break down and buy it on PS3.

17. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    I found the angel statue, but I didn't get the achievement.

Was I supposed to find it as Sonic?

18. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Yeah, achievements will only unlock while playing as Sonic. Also Android users, this download issue is our top priority.

19. Acev

Acev

Arizona
    Tails cancels the achievements.

In other words, I bought this game for XBLA and plan to buy it for PSN as soon as it comes out. A fantastic game, and I'm loving every minute of it.

Edit: Too late.

20. CalamityJames

CalamityJames

Tunbridge Wells, Kent
    Thank you :) I've bought it on XBLA too so I'll be playing it tonight regardless. Is it server/bandwidth related or just some gremlin in the system?