don't click here

General Project Screenshots/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Sparks, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Steven M

Steven M

[​IMG]

it is a mystery

EDIT: changed the image and the image host (in case you're having trouble with Dropbox)

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Even more of a mystery when the image doesn't work. =P

3. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Really? Cause even in your quote I can see the image...but yes I am curious as to what this mystery will be leading to, I'm interested.

4. dsrb

dsrb

It works here.

5. Steven M

Steven M

[​IMG]

punch the bullet

6. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    I'm getting to be a fan of your work, man. Love your colors.

7. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIvnRyWVcUs[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCuyHJXEo-g&feature=related[/youtube]

It is a mystery as to why I'm only posting soundtrack stuff.. oh well. Enjoy.

8. Derf

Derf

*Insert witty member title here* Member
    Yonder, Hither.
    Sonic ExoGenesis
    Nice songs, they really sound like the sort of rocky songs in more modern sonic games, wunderbar!:D

Not much to show guys, been on a slight hiatus due to outside world shit. New background though!

[​IMG]

9. Woah! Now thats absolutly gorgeous! And that water color really gives it a "sunset" type of feeling. Great job.

10. Felik

Felik

funny enough but water was originally blue but P3DRO fixed it and now it looks gorgeous.

11. Derf

Derf

Yonder, Hither.
    Sonic ExoGenesis
    P3DRO definately did a sexy job!:D

12. dsrb

dsrb

Nice background indeed.

Not nice enough for you both to pointlessly quote the entire gigantic post, though, I don't think.

13. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Derf that background is breathtaking. Don't fuck it up by clashing it with the other level art.

14. Derf

Derf

Yonder, Hither.
    Sonic ExoGenesis
    COMPLETELY WORK IN PROGRESS.

*ahem* I have no ground tiles for undernetah the grass yet so that why it's so low and the walkways are not final at all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Now that's pretty snazzy, I highly approve. Will it be the first zone?

Also that Sonic sprites head doesn't look rounded enough, too much black, and the arm/hand look deformed. Looks a bit too detailed for the objects surrounding it.

16. Derf

Derf

Yonder, Hither.
    Sonic ExoGenesis
    Nope it's the 5th zone, thanks:)

I have a few different Sonic sprites lying around I might change, these I believe are Gardows.

17. Boinciel

Boinciel

Something you might want to do for Knuckles's life icon is to sprite the quills that would normally be hidden behind his body. It looks a little empty and malformed without them.

Also, the wood platforms seem a little too thin to be a main path. This is the one thing I always see in fangames that always irks me. Thin platforms in a 2D title are hardly ever a good idea, even less so if they're solid and you run into them. If they were about 1.5 times as wide (and had an interesting pattern), then they might work. In addition, try darkening the wooden supports a shade or two; they look a bit too much like they're tangible objects in the foreground. (They could get away with being that bright if they had a parallax effect [ala Star Light Zone], but seeing as they're worked directly into the level chunks, you should see how darkening them works.)

No complaints otherwise, though. Although the grass is a bit noisier than what you'd usually get in one of the Mega Drive titles, the addition of visual noise is the direction that Sonic 3 went and it's nice to see a variation that actually works. The level and character art all fits together very nicely.

18. Felik

Felik

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

Spark the electric jester
    just uploaded this a while ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R77edmocWe8
    just trying to make a level at GDK, it need more polish though

20. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    I've decided to work a bit on remaking Aria of Destiny using Construct 2, bit by bit while C2 improves. Including some changes to general design and how I do things, based on experience. Firstly, an earlier screenshot:

[​IMG]

Try and guess who this dude is. I dare you.

The image below is something I've been working on a bit recently, it's an attempt at creating indoor concrete tiles for the player's 'home base', which appeared at the end of the demo for the Construct Classic version of the game, but I wanted to expand it considerably to allow for rooms for each character, and to prevent things getting cluttered. Unfortunately, the assets I originally used, from Mega Man ZX Advent, weren't exactly suitable for this purpose, so I took what I could use (the floor tiles) and made additional tiles using their colours.

I'm not an artist, however, so the results are simplistic and, well, attempts at making 'decay' were as subtle as a brick to the face. Better than nothing, I guess.

[​IMG]

I also had decided to make the general screen size for the game itself much wider, to 640x480, and decreased the size of the 'bottom screen' to allow for a much larger player view. The 'bottom screen' is now half as tall as it was before, but also twice as long.

[​IMG]