don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    What have you done Taxman? You've created a new Dust hill zone DX For shame.

2. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Taxman! I fixed the opening song for you. I heard you can't use the original lyrics because Sega doesn't own them, so I remixed the song using my advanced musical knowledge. Please give Honk Honk Sonic Viking a chance, it's a bit rough but we can work together to get it ready for a day 1 patch like Activision!

[​IMG]
    http://www.brokenplatforms.com/Honk%20Honk%20Sonic%20Viking.mp3

3. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    So assuming Desert Dazzle and Final Fever were in the game, would they have had time zones as well? And were they far enough along to have music? :ohdear:

4. Secret Bonus

Secret Bonus

I'm walking in snake piiiits, oooooOOOOooooh Member
    Okay those two zones seriously need to be DLC at some point for an extended mode or something. This is what DLC should be used for, finishing content that wasn't ready by release! It's 2011, we have the technology!

5. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I'm willing to cough up extra money for Desert Dazzle & Final Fever. For everything I get this on, at that.

That is, whenever I get this hunka burnin' game. Just have to play the waiting game for the iOS and Steam.

6. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Are there any other Britfags patiently waiting for this to appear on PSN?

7. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I kind of agree that the extra stages, while they would've been awesome, are probably best being held on to for another game entirely. Keep Sonic CD as Sonic CD, and make a new game to showcase the new content.

But I understand that that's entirely up to Sega, and given they've already put good money into Sonic 4, is also the longest of long shots. Given that, I wouldn't mind DLC, but I have little faith of that happening either.

8. Wait what, I can already see it on the UK's PSN Store.

9. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    I second this due to the sheer hilarity. Plus that picture's awesome. Just waiting for PSN to update now then I'm jumping right on this, loving the price.

10. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    [​IMG]

Downloading the this shit so hard right now.

11. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Yes it's finally up on UK PSN.

12. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
  13. MarzSyndrome

MarzSyndrome

Everything is going to the beat. Member
    Or even this piece if you want to dance a little during the wait.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

This game cost a measly 400pts, so I'd gladly pay the same again for a DLC pack including DD and FF. They would be absolutely amazing.

Huge congratulations to you, Taxman. You have made the best port of any Sonic game ever, and it's so brilliant SEGA adopted it as official work. Fucking well done, mate!

15. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    So erm, I just bought it, and the download says 6KB...that can't be right :ohdear:

EDIT: And yet the trial is 355MB...the hell's going on.

16. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)

the "full game" is an unlock key for the trail, download and install the trail, then the "full game" unlock file. then you have your sonic cd :D

17. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Phew! Thanks for telling me that, I was really worried for a minute.

18. RACCAR

RACCAR

Dragon Team Member
    Madrid Spain
    Spiderhog, Sonic Ages, and Sonic Paradise
    Hello, I don't know if you've already noticed, but if you play the game in a conventional CRT TV, it only runs at 50hz, and it is too slow an pretty much unplayable. I can't play it in another TV, and it is pretty awful this way...

I don't know if it is a bug or not, but there is no selector or anything. Also, I'm using the european PSN version.

Is it a bug or not? please, I don't want to play Sonic CD in 50Hz again... :(

19. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    So any idea on the time this will be up on the android store?

20. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Can you change the Hz setting on PS3? I didn't actually work on the PS3 version so I can't really tell you sorry.