don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. DNLeal

DNLeal

Former MMO addict Member
    Costa Rica
    Reading the archives...
    PC is the only thing I have for this... what were the odds? D: But here's to hope your dates are the best bet we're getting for the games.

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

No S2 physics?

Ignore all that.

3. dsrb

dsrb

Oh, come on! I honestly don't know what's more idiotic, the question or the answer. The screen was widened simply by including more stuff on either side; no alteration of proportions was ever an issue.

4. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Clearly it's the question that's idiotic, but most of the questions in these kind of interviews are, for one reason or another. Ken's answer is a genius piece of PR, instead of saying "How do you think, dumbass?" or just saying how it's [obviously] done, he implies there's great effort and technique in achieving the 'effect'. Brand managing as you truly imagined it.

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It's an obvious coy answer to a really stupid question. No need to read further into it.

6. I think Ken's answer was great. There really isn't an answer to that question, but being the good PR guy he is, he found one.

7. dsrb

dsrb

You're all right, of course! Clearly I couldn't cut it in PR, way too literal-minded. ;)

8. I wish he went all CSI and said "I guess you could say we had a little help from..." *puts on sunglasses* "The Tax Man"

9. dsrb

dsrb

Now that you mention it, perhaps this amazing feat was achieved using loaned technology from our friends at CSI, like a repurposed edition of the algorithm they use to magically generate precise detail from seemingly hopelessly pixellated ID cards and number-plates!

The public needs to be aware of the sheer potential of modern technology such as this.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I like how he also mentions how Sonic Adventure 2 and Knuckles Chaotix are also highly requested remakes. So they know this. It's just a matter of when.

Hopefully from here on out though they treat their rereleases with Sonic CD esq love and not just throw it in an emulator

11. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I hope we get artwork to be unlocked :D

12. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    You should put an "I think" before "it's coming."

13. omg can you imagine a Knuckles Chaotix by Taxman? Widescreen, maybe a ring ropeless version, add Sonic and Tails, why the fuck not?

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Because it's not a very good game and neither worth the effort?

15. But I and others feel it is a good game, and your opinion isn't the end all of what product Sega should release.

16. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Knuckles Chaotix is a very good game.

17. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Knuckles Chaotix - combis = AWESOME.

Nice layouts and awesome music.

Re-releasing it as "Chaotix" + Sonic and Tails would be awesome.

18. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Assuming that "Gamecube games on Wii-U Virtual Console" thing has any merit, I'd say it's inevitable that at the very least, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle would wind up on said service - though no doubt emulated. Though rather dated now, I still wouldn't mind a PC port of some kind, if only because of the gap between SADX and Heroes.

I'm still semi-surprised (but then again, not really) that Chaotix hasn't shown up... anywhere, actually. Not in Gems, and after that I thought the Virtual Console had a good chance, but so far no dice. Granted it'd be a bit awkward having the three button layout split by the Wiimote, but hey, Classic Controller.

On topic, I'll be getting SCD for the PC, though if I ever come into a tablet/iTouch, I'd likely get it again if only for the prospect of on-the-go play.

19. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Better get started on that Modern Engine, kids.

20. Could Sonic Adventure 2 even be considered modern now?