don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    This just in, I'm gonna have another shot at Generations over the weekend. I'll get back to you on that, because you all care about such things.

Clearly Shadow's hentai quills are sprung. This is why he shouldn't be in games anymore.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Fun fact I discovered. I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but the shields do not react to water. As such you can go underwater with an electric or fire shield and do as you will. They won't disappear like in Sonic 3

3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

You sure about the fire shield? I used one while underwater in SSH and it disappeared instantly. Lighting shields are fine, but they have been in every game except S3K.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh ok I assumed it was both. I just notice one and thought the other

5. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion

6. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    That remix is godly. One of the best Sonic remixes I have ever heard...and that says a lot since the console version had a lot of fantastic remixes.

7. Scripten

Scripten

Holy crap...

I'm not a big fan of Cash Cash, as I generally don't like their music all -that- much, though I certainly don't dislike it. That remix, however, is absolutely incredible.

8. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I honestly cannot think of a remix I have listened to six times in a row...except this one. This remix makes up for a lot of the remixes on the 3DS version being half assed.

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Think someone can provide us with a HQ rip?! That NEEDS to be on my ipod.

10. Dehry

Dehry

Ohio
    The 3DS version took me under two hours to beat story mode. It controls very well but after Emerald Coast there are quite a few cheap deaths from sudden bottomless pits right before the level end. The Time Eater boss was 1000% better than the HD version. I loved the 3D effects, it didn't make my eyes go screwy and added to the experience. Really they could have just slapped 'Sonic Rush : The Tale of Two Sonics' on the cover and no one would notice the difference. There's plenty of challenges to keep you busy so it's not like you spend two hours and are done. Definitely worth picking up.
    Also
    Take a look at this!

Edit ^^^ The only way you're getting a rip is if someone can decrypt 3ds files, or just wait for the CD.

11. Okay, I think I've determined that Cash Cash is pretty good at keyboards, as long as Alex Makhlouf doesn't open his mouth or use autotune.

12. MKAmeX

MKAmeX

California
    Needlemouse, Sonic Boom, Graphic Design
    Just received the game in the mail this evening. I've played up to the Egg Dragoon, and I've loved every moment of it. Though for whatever reason, I like playing as Modern Sonic more than Classic. :psyduck:

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Heheh, I ment the youtube version Cash Cash released above your post. Youtube downloaders/converters allways degrade the quality. I'll have to sift through my old best youtube converter topic to see which one is the best for audio files.

So guys, overall how did reviewers take Generations. what were the common pros and cons of each version's review?

Just kind of curious.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

General reception for the console version was really quite good. Reviews took fault with the story, length and a few even mentioned that they were disappointed with the lack of playable characters (gasp!) Generally they said it was one of the best efforts since the MD days and that both types of gameplay were thoroughly enjoyable. I don't think there was any specific preference for Modern or Classic in the end when you collectively look at reviews. With the 3DS version reviews range from "2D Sonic so it's perfect" to (and I quote) "takes everything we love about the console version and teaches it a homing attack".

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    What about the PC version? was pro & con'd the same way as the console versions or was there difference in the PC reviews?

16. PC version is pretty much identical to the console versions except can run at 60fps if your hardware is good enough.

17. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    The PC version can run at 60 FPS and higher resolutions, but is also buggier (nothing gamebreaking though) and Sega seems to be supporting it well.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It has the highest average rating on Metacritic if that means anything.
    PC- 82
    360- 78
    PS3- 77
    3DS- 67

19. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Well thats a relief. Getting a superior score then the console ports has got to say something right?

Glad the PC version was soo well accepted it gives good hopes about the next sonic game getting a PC port as well. Too bad SEGA won't talk about the sales side of things, I really want to know how each version sold.

PC sonic ports need more love.

20. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    To be fair the PC version only has 5 critic reviews and none of the reviewers who didn't like Generations did reviews for the PC version.