don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Oh wow, it's possible to actually do damage to the boss in sidescroller mode. I can't do jackshit and I agree with the description that the last boss is terrible. I'm amazed they managed to fuck it up so badly since the first five boss battles in the game were a lot of fun.

2. synchronizer

synchronizer

The 3ds version of the Time Eater looks more fun than the other versions.

3. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    Why couldn't THIS be the final boss theme!?

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I disagree, but it's a damn close second. Fuck it usurped Sonic 2 from the number 2 spot after all these years and that in itself is impressive.

5. SA2

SA2

Sonic's dead; fly down to his corpse Member
    Wow, that song is perfect for that. It aligns so well it's weird.

By the way, is there still no 3DS soundtrack rip? The wait to hear the Biolizard song is tearing me apart. I'm not sure how hard it is to rip 3DS music, but the Mario Land one is ripped so it can't be impossible.

6. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Keep that fucking Crush 40 shite away from Sonic CD! It belongs in the shit Sonic games that people with no friends like.

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Which makes me think, was this 2011 mix of sonic boom supposed to be the vocal for this game but some reason or another decided not to use it?

That is just soo weird that it aligns soo well with the final boss. anyway to make that song a loopable adx so we can use it for the final boss battle?

EDIT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72Q2U6FXFZA

The statue room is called the model room in the 3DS version. also, I've never seen that concept art of blaze and marine before. wonder whats else?!

ARG why can't we extract assets from 3DS games?! its not fair...

8. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    It would be nice if there was a rom floating around to begin with :colbert:

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Wouldn't matter...

'Jim said even if there was a rom to extract from, theres no tools that work for 3ds roms and therefore no way to crack the rom open and obtain its assets.

The 3ds has every hacker beat. looks like nintendo finally won.

EDIT: Exact words. it was a convo in the Resources thread before it turned into a "lets talk about models" thread:

10. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    It hasn't even been out for a full year. It took DS hackers about a year, if I recall correctly, to work out how to upload homebrew to the DS using WifiMe and other such things, and then another year or so after that for flash carts to start springing up...
    Anyway. I ripped the Special Stage music from Generations 3DS, to the best of my ability with as few sound effects as possible (the only one in there is the chaos emerald glow sound at the very beginning) It cuts off at about 1:45 because the longest special stage I have unlocked is the Green Hill one. I might redo it later with a longer special stage to try to get the full song. Anyway, here's the download.
    And here's a YouTube upload:

11. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    That youtube upload is really quiet, my earphones are on max and I can hear it only just above quiet volume.

12. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Any idea where I can pick up the 3DS version (and mario 3d for that matter) cheaper than $40 each?

13. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    ...Ugh,I guess I screwed it up. I don't really have time to fix it right now, though... I thought it'd be alright since I could hear it loudly on my TV with the volume at its usual low level, but I guess I was wrong.
    EDIT: I'm checking it on my other devices and it doesn't seem so quiet... It's certainly just fine on my iPod and phone, at least.

14. corneliab

corneliab

I am really surprised that no one has even tried to record the full Biolizard track. I said this about a page or two ago, but most of the sound effects could probably be avoided by waiting around during "approach" portions (when you have to grind up the rails, the orb parts, etc).

This is honestly the only track I care about and it is NOWHERE. Would do it myself but I don't have the equippment. [inlinespoiler]Or the game.[/inlinespoiler]

15. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Yeah, it seems like people don't have any plans on recording the non-Big Arms boss tracks or any extra ones any time soon.

Also, Supakitsune's music post is a -little- quiet but not unhearably quiet to me.

16. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The OST will have Mushroom Hill on it so I'd expect all 3DS exclusive music to be on it too.

17. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Wait. I'm confused.

Why do you need to know how to get information back onto the 3DS to hack out the stuff from the rom? I mean, I get that hackers like 'Jim are better at using tools than making them but I don't get why everyone is treating hacking things out of 3DS roms like a lost cause until flashcarts arrive on the scene.

18. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    So any word on the change log for the PC patch?

I'm curious to what it was for since it was pretty large.

19. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    My opinion is fact and fuck all who think otherwise! Clayssic Sonic is sacred, don't let shit touch it!

I can respect the fact you don't like Crush 40 (I honestly don't have a problem with them), but anyone has the right to remix a song. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but Crush 40 made Open Your Heart and Live and Learn, which are used (one of them remixed) in Generations, a game quite a bit of people on this forum like... Who happen to have friends.

Tl, dr; Classic Sonic and Classic stuff isn't your Jesus. Is 3D blast the best game in existance? Not by any stretch. Are there people who like it? Yes. Are they retarded? No. Is it a game with Classic Sonic in it? yes.

And so this doesn't become a war/rage post... wait, that rip of Sonic Boom sounds kinda clean. Where do I get that ;_;

EDIT: I was wondering the same thing, Chimpo. If we had a compenduim of bugs, maybe some people could try to see if any of those got fixed.

Hrm, I'm gonna check if it affected Chemical Plant in any way :P

EDIT 2: Maybe it's me but I seemed to have a slight bit less lag than usual, and I have Photoshop, 3DS Max, and Dolphin open (Why? I have no clue). Normally I only have Generations open!

20. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member

Also, I appear to be going through withdrawal. I played Sonic Generations 360 for a glorious seven hours almost a month ago, and now I'm clinging on to every single video I can find. I can tell I'm going to scare the shit out of my friend when I take the helm again, because I feel "practiced" without even being used to a 360 controller at all. Again, I am clinging to every single inch of footage that I can.

we need Generations support groups

I'm ready to take my life back

IT'S ADDICTING OKAY MAN