don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    You're probably using the command line tool. CriPackedFileMaker is the GUI version. Use that with the default options. :v:

2. samourai23

samourai23

Paris
    Wow, but how do I know what to tick ?
    I mean, do I take 1 for data align or 2048 ? Why isn't the names bb3.cpk but DATA.cpk ?
    I know this looks childish to you guys, but I swear it SO not obvious to me XD

EDIT : Ok, it worked. Thank you so much ! Now I can finally have fun as Super Sonic, and not being in a rush for rings <_<

3. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    I haven't looked into it but there's a skill that lowers the Homing Attack cooldown, you might want to start there and see if there's anything there that may work in sonic.prm.xml

4. samourai23

samourai23

Paris
    Something is weird, my sonic.prm and sonicclassic.prm are the exact same...
    Absolutely nothing into it changes, and I think that's the reason why I can't manage to edit any of sonic classic's stuff.
    Could someone tell me if that's.. normal ? oO

Edit : I did a few research and found the lines that controls Modern Sonic's 2D parts' and 3D parts' jump height :

<JumpPower>17</JumpPower>

There's twice the same line, but in 2 differents category. One for "common" and one for "sideview" respectively 3D and 2D parts.

I'm still wondering how to change the max speed though. And how to change Classic Sonic's stuff too...
    I'd also like to know how to change ONLY Super Sonic's physics without touching Sonic's.

5. Dario FF

Dario FF

Double level swap today!

I kinda liked Crisis city, though it needed a lot of modifications to get through.

And fuck Rooftop run royally. Not being able to steer well was a pain in the ass there.

I dunno about Planet Wisp honestly... It's gonna be a royal pain to replace all the parts of rocket wisp with springs under them.

6. Would Classic Sonic Vs Shadow work the same way?

Then again it would probably be unplayable :/

7. Dario FF

Dario FF

It would most likely crash due to missing animations. :v:

Also, because I'm a masochist, here's Planet wisp. Shitload of added/removed objects, and nearly 6 minutes to run through the whole stage.

All stages work! I'll work on the installer after I do some more tweaks. Modern is swapped into classic stages as well, but I haven't bothered to check if all the stages work, or fix them for him, because IDGAF about him. It's just sonic with shitty physics and boost. :colbert:

8. samourai23

samourai23

Paris
    Awesome ! I can't wait for the release ! :)

Also, I swapped Classic with Modern, and every levels works perfectly, except Seaside Hill and, guess what ? Planet Wisp.

Seaside Hill has this way underwater where Sonic is supposed to be push forward by a waterflow, well Modern hasn't this animation so it freezes.

And Planet Wisp well... Modern can't use the Spike Wisp, so the level gets impossible to complete... Bah, screw that stage anyway.

I also swapped Modern with Classic in City Escape, as it's the ONLY stage Classic Sonic can go through without editing :P
    Awesome stuff anyway, I just hope there is a way to make it reversable ingame, like with a joker button ?

9. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Rooftop Run Classic won't work so well for Modern, the animation for Classic pushing a barrel is missing for whatever reason (Even though Modern does have a pushing animation and Classic can push Modern blocks just fine), also Modern doesn't have animations for the Spin Dash and grabbing the Clock Tower handles.

10. samourai23

samourai23

Paris
    Trust me, I played it, and it works just perfectly.
    Modern works in the clocktower spindash thing.
    And he also can push stuff properly, I've been through it without a problem :eng101:

Edit : You were right about hanging on the ClockTower handles... I guess I was lucky by going directly into the spindash place eachtime :/

11. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    There's a barrel Classic can push down that destroys a few Egg Fighters in the way and clears an alternate path, I tried pushing it with Modern and the game crashed. :colbert:

12. samourai23

samourai23

Paris
    I don't know what barrel you're talking about, but I guess you're right :specialed:
    I hope this will be fixable :/

13. On the note of switching characters, have you tried switching the Sonic's for any of the bosses?

I think Classic versus the Egg Dragoon would be pretty interesting.

14. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Has anyone figured out how to "turn off" the HUD and character models? I would dig some 1080p anti-aliased wallpaper fodder.

15. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    My easiest bet would be to edit all the HUD-textures to be entirely transparent as that's the safest way that, from what I understand, would not render the game a crashing mess.

16. Vinsent

Vinsent

I think I remember a few people saying somewhere that you can remove the HUD by forcing Anti-aliasing.

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Wouldn't the game crash on the diving part?

18. samourai23

samourai23

Paris
    Hey guys, I tried to change both Modern Sonic's and Super Sonic's speed by changing these lines :

<MaxVelocityBasis>80</MaxVelocityBasis> Changes Modern Sonic's speed

<MaxVelocityBasisSps>110</MaxVelocityBasisSps> Should Change Super's speed

<MaxVelocityFinalMax>145</MaxVelocityFinalMax> Seems to limit the Max speed...

I still don't understand how the Boost's factor works...

But about Sonic's and SS's speed, something weird happens, if I set Sonic's speed to any value, Sonic will run to that value, but if I set SS's speed to any other value, he will still run at the Sonic's speed value...... It seems it can't be seperated..

If anybody knows how the hell this works, it'd be nice to tell :)

Also, Classic Super Sonic's jump while in 3D sections (thanks to DarioFF ^^ ) has increased a LOT (like he jumps twice higher than he should), but that is really weird since I didn't change anything about Super Sonic's jump, I don't even know how to do it... So if anybody can help on this too, I'd be greatful ! :)

19. Dario FF

Dario FF

I tried changing a few of those, and while sonic's max speed can increase in super form, it seems there's still a lot of speed caps around to limit it. It really starts showing how some of the slopes or stuff have max speed limits of their own somehow. :v: Or maybe there's just more variables to edit there.

And I'd attribute the uber high jump that he just ain't coded specifically for that XML file, so I would expect glitchy stuff to happen.

(Also goodbye at your 20 posts. :( )

20. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I'm just curious as to how the script is coming along.