don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Probably licensing issues.

2. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    *ding ding*

3. Can we still substitute the lyrics version into the intro/outro? Like if it has custom soundtrack or something?

4. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    I won't miss the lyrics at all. Always liked Sonic Boom more anyhow.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Who wrote the licensing agreements for the music for the original Sonic games? So many complications that involve every rerelease having some different exception.

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It can be anything from distribution agreements, use of vocals by a specific artist (not ALL music is owned by the company), or use in other regions.

tl;dr: Lots of legal crap.

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Ok, what the hell is this crap all about?

Spoilers Found in Sonic CD Re-Release?

Before going any further, let's be very clear about how skeptical we are as to the authenticity of what we're about to tell you; have your grains of salt ready. A member of the Sonic Stadium message boards, ????? (which translates to Hedgehog from Japanese) has posted what he alleges could be a level list for Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II, found by a Skype friend of his. The friend allegedly mined the re-release of Sonic CD from a Gamestop tablet kiosk.

“It's not like him to troll but I'm still skeptical,” Hedgehog said on the SSMB. “He showed me his dumping software and the code extract, hope it's not fake 'cause it sounds awesome!”

That alleged extract, believed to have been taken via Android OS re-engineering utility apktool, detailed purported stages and events possibly from the game. The stages cited by Hedgehog via his friend are Warp Mountain, Molten Lake, Manic Jungle, Egg Glacier, and Metal Matrix. Also alleged to have been found were additional stages labeled Final Extra, Co-Op Isle, and something called Get Blue Spheres, indicative of a special stage.

There were also elements labeled Transitions in Hedgehog‘s post; many of them, if legit, look to revolve around a central plot point of Tails being kidnapped, and the chaos emeralds being stolen with them. The Transitions cited were Meet with Miles!, Emeralds Stolen!, Miles Kidnapped!, Save Miles!, and Metal Encounter!

You can certainly imagine the circumstances being very suspect, chief among them the idea of data mining on a demo kiosk in plain site of a video game store without detection. Previous reports also indicated Sega and Dimps would stay the course with its current engine for Episode II, keeping Christian Whitehead's engine specific to the Sonic CD remake. On that alone, it is very hard to believe this information, and that's why we're labeling it rumor for now.

But what if it's true? What if something's changed internally? Could the RSDK power the next piece of Sonic's episodic adventure? And if so, could Sega–or Whitehead himself–be so foolish as to drop hints like these in a game they both know will be suspect to community scrutiny?

We're not sure if either are, because we just can't be sure if this is legitimate. We'll keep you informed. If you can help confirm or debunk, please send us a news tip. We thank Mark for tipping us to this initial information in the meantime.

Yeah I know its just baseless rumor from those fluffy brained fools, its something to talk about though.

8. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Wouldn't this be more suited for the Ep 2 thread?

If that's real though, that level order has too many Ms, and too few zones. Again.

I sure hope those might be translation errors this is fake.. or something. "Warp Mountain?" :psyduck:

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Figured it could've gone either-or. These "Details" were supposedly found in Sonic CD Re-Release. Pretty sure Taxman is going to have a good laugh once he finds out about this.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Splash Hill, the level that had nothing to do with water. That's Sonic 4 naming conventions for you.

This seems odd since why would Sonic 4 data be in a game built off the retro engine? Hopefully it means its because Sonic 4 Episode 2 is going to be built off the retro engine, because that'd be bloody wonderful. Still the tropes seem decent, lava level, a jungle level, a snowy eggman base, and a mountain with... teleporters? Also Get Blue Sphere's what's not to love about that? And Co-Op Island. I don't know what that is but sounds cool.

Well there are two ways to confirm this. Either Taxman says what it is and says true or false, or we just get a hold of the game and do it ourselves. Who knows, maybe instead of this remake having those bonus pictures the original did this one will have screenshots for Sonic 4 Episode 2 instead.

11. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So S4: Episode 2 is Sonic 2 GG? :v:

12. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I may end up eating crow over this, but I sincerely doubt anything related to Sonic 4: Episode 2 would be in the Android version of Sonic CD. I mean, Sonic 4 isn't even ON Android.

Not to mention, TSSZ. They're about as reliable as the Euro presently is.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I see no problems with this. Least if they're going for shameless remake they're going to go for a rather obscure source that even Sonic 4's plastic would make look better graphically.

14. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    So uh, no. This Ep2 stuff is BS. Sonic CD may be warming up people marketing wise for Ep2 next year, but the game itself is completely stand alone and shares nothing with it.

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.

Good, its debunked. Hedgehog was starting to post crap about the chaos & super emeralds being in SCD. Guessing thats BS as well right?...

16. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    I want this answered too. This whole Idea of licensing issues is just bullcrap. There's no good reason for them to not include the vocals.

17. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Wait, there's no vocals in the intro song? NICE! Now I don't have to listen to Japanese people trying to sing like Americans. :specialed:

18. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    This is absolute bull. Taxman should sing the lyrics to make up for it.

19. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Believe in yoself! YOSELLLLFFF...YOSELLLLLLLLLLLLLF

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ^ For some reason the Omochao picture next to that sentence made me laugh. I want to hear Omochao singing the male parts of the song.