don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. KeebeeNacho

KeebeeNacho

WORM BAGGED Member
    USA
    I'm drawing something, not that you'll ever see it.
    No point in me entering that contest. I can doodle little caricatures, but undoubtedly it'll be completely blown away by someone who actually knows what they're doing.

2. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I've got an awesome idea for that contest. :)

3. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    You'd think that with a fanbase as rabid as ours, this game would've long been dumped by now.

4. Well the fact that Taxman is one of us and he's (presumably) well-respected in the community MIGHT slow things down a bit. :v:

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yay fan art contest. Gives me a chance to show any potential skills I may have

EDIT: Oh, whoops

6. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Yeah, but it normally wouldn't stop other sites who have no idea who Taxman is from releasing it, right? Maybe none of the known dumpers has a Gamestop tablet yet.

EDIT: nothing to see here ...

7. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    You should read the rules again

8. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I love how you kind of have that classic cartoon-esque carpet thing going on behind Sonic as he's running, where a character runs and it just starts bunching up behind them? Nice touch. :thumbsup:

EDIT: And it disappears. Dun dun.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    EDIT: Ya I figured that make sense for the conveyer belt.

Whoops I didn't see that clause.. Would you two mind removing said picture from your post (Of course, this is a picture of it, not a scan. I will have the final later, but you won't see that.

EDIT 2: Good, good. All is well with the world

10. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Like hell they're not.

You can't possibly listen to this and tell me that it wasn't meant to go immediately after the song. (Looping done by Shadow Hog here)

Maybe not ALL of them are transitions, but some of them are for sure.

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I've removed it for him.

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    It makes more sense for that one just being a coincidence than all of them being part of an unexistant way of seemlessly looping CD songs. That's just crazy.

13. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    It's not a coincidence, considering it happens for various other songs, too. Stardust Speedway GF and both boss tunes are probably the best evidence other than Collision Chaos GF that this was the intent.

I'll agree that some of them don't fit really well, though (Metallic Madness's in particular stand out), and obviously, they didn't go through with this due to limitations in the Sega CD hardware (actually, I think you're the one to point that out - not that that's accusatory or anything, considering I hadn't even considered it at the time and appreciate the two cents; just stating facts). But those aren't just random snippets of audio, they're definitely part of the songs proper.

14. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    It's mine.

15. So since we know the intro plays no vocals, I've been curious lately as to whether it plays an instrumental version of the song, or if it just plays the same track with the lyrics removed. Can someone shed some light?

16. Sploit

Sploit

I really hope/think that when playing through Stardust Speedway as Tails, once the player reaches the boss level...they should be confronted with the Tails Doll rather than Metal Sonic...
    ...his own rival, his own race.

That would be EPIC :v:

17. Machenstein

Machenstein

Now I want a Knuckles mode.

18. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    Don't expect lyrics, homie.

19. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    But the ridiculous lyrics MAKE the opening and ending cutscenes! I want some answers, Taxman.

20. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Hmm cool contest. I'll throw my hat in by the due date. Gonna draft up my concept now.