don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Gin and Sonic

Gin and Sonic

Family Man Member
    Ohio
    I conduct research on fighting game community discourse ... does that count?
    I hate to be out of the loop, but what are these statues?

2. They're little statues you earn when you put in codes to earn them :)

Go in between the left of the picture frame and hold Select + Start. You will enter a statue room.
    Go on the internet and acquire codes. It's easy, but time consuming.

3. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    I'm pretty sure it's "hold SELECT anywhere in the Collections room for 7 seconds" but yes.

4. Gin and Sonic

Gin and Sonic

Family Man Member
    Ohio
    I conduct research on fighting game community discourse ... does that count?
    Ah, thanks for the response! It makes me wonder what other types of Easter eggs are in the game... hmmm.

5. Sploit

Sploit

Anybody got any advice on the time eater? Hoping to beat him tonight, but I am struggling, keep boosting and doing the a button thing...and just can't catch him, think I have gotten one hit in about 10 tries.

6. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Would a member of ffshrine mind giving me download links to the MP3s? I don't intend to sign up for that site.

7. Sure. :)

It's a pretty underwhelming boss. Just boost at him and switch dimensions when your friends start complaining. Collect rings when necessary (you will have luck in the 2d realm). Also, throw your partner at the obstacles. Boost into him. This takes 3 hits. This boss isn't too hard just annoying.

8. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Yeah, I got you. PM sent, Jaseman.

9. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Thanks bro. been DYING to put Generations up on google music for some good running music.

10. KeebeeNacho

KeebeeNacho

WORM BAGGED Member
    USA
    I'm drawing something, not that you'll ever see it.
    So. . .I take it this game is a bit glitchy? :v:

Seriously though, if it's as bad as you guys say it is, that really sucks. I remember when I played Sonic Heroes I would fall through the floor and ragequit. It looks like if I had this game it would completely piss me off.

11. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Personally, playing on 360, I have had almost no issues. Definitely nothing as severe as falling through the floor.

Heard the PC version is worse, though.

12. They Day I picked it up and played, the floor disappeared in Green Hill zone. So hard to play...

And a couple hours after that I fell inside of the floor in Classic's Planet Wisp level. I was just bouncing around inside of a huge block.

13. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Yeah, there are glitches yes, but they are pretty rare if you play normally, unless ofcourse you are trying to make things go wierd, its not super hard. I dunno, its a happy middle ground between having glithces but them not really hurting the gaming expereince much.

14. MastaSys

MastaSys

S3&K have +9K glitches and bugs and it's still my favorite sonic ever. :colbert:

15. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Is it just me or is the Light Speed Dash completely borked in this game? Practically every time I try to use it nothing happens. And it's odd that you can only use it in some places, why have it in the game if you're only allowed to use it at certain points and it barely works anyway?

16. It is. If I had a dollar for every time I failed using it in Planet Wisp I would be a very rich man.

17. Flare

Flare

Personally they should go the route of Shadow the Hedgehog, that you can use it everywhere but the rings you NEED to use to get to other paths and on the main route are replaced with grey transparent rings that you could also use.

18. KeebeeNacho

KeebeeNacho

WORM BAGGED Member
    USA
    I'm drawing something, not that you'll ever see it.
    But you should never NEED to use it. That's cheap level design.

19. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    On one of Planet Wisp's challenges, right at the start there is a path of rings to be lightspeed dashed, but it doesn't work, yet other paths on that stage work.

20. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    That one always works for me, it's the 3rd one that I can never hit.