don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Not really. At least as far as the ones in #Application go. I figured that there would be more lua files in the other archives for the levels themselves, but it seems that everything uses XML which we don't have to worry about.

But if you really want to mess around with the lua files that bad you can just grab the #Application from the 360 version here.

BTW - if you guys want invincibility, in bb3.cpk those three #Sonic(Classic)(Sp).ar files contain a .prm.xml file that you can set this to true. Just go to Debug with your editor and change what you want to true:

Code (Text):
    1. <Debug>
    2.     <Category>
    3.       <Damage>
    4.         <Param>
    5.           <DebugNoDamage>false</DebugNoDamage>
    6.           <DebugNoDead>false</DebugNoDead>
    7.           <DebugNoDeadDrowning>false</DebugNoDeadDrowning>
    8.           <DebugNoDrowningImmediately>false</DebugNoDrowningImmediately>
    9.           <DebugNoFallDead>false</DebugNoFallDead>
    10.         </Param>
    11.       </Damage>
    12.       <Skill>
    13.         <Param>
    14.           <DebugSkillCancelEnabled>false</DebugSkillCancelEnabled>
    15.           <DebugSkillSpikeEndless>false</DebugSkillSpikeEndless>
    16.           <DebugSkillSuperSonic>false</DebugSkillSuperSonic>
    17.         </Param>
    18.       </Skill>
    19.     </Category>
    20.   </Debug>
    Then rearchive, repack, etc.

2. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Sonic 1 spikes? Seriously? Or does it do something else?

3. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

Spike Wisp...

4. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Hrm, so apparently the LUA files from the 360 version are all plain text?

Well, outta curiosity, anyone know how you could use XML or LUA to make Classic Super Sonic less useless (speed shoes speed by default)? That'd be great actually. :P (while you're at it if you're willing to actually do this, why not also make both Super's ring loss the same as the Genesis and make Modern's flying away boost not eat up his rings but rather his gauge? :v:)

5. I know it goes without saying, but I wish we had some sort of explorer type UI to go through CPKs and inject and extract files. I'm dumb as hell when it comes to scripts and whatnot, but I know it's not too terribly difficult. Is there anyone undertaking anything like that?

6. Tanks

Tanks

As far as I know, we're incapable of repacking cpk files with a 3rd party tool. I know unpacking is fine via utf_tab (and that alternate script tool which I can't remember the name of but most people here seem to be using it) however packing has relied solely on critools.

7. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    That would be helpful. As it stands now, you have to extract everything. Unpack the .ar00, repack that file. then repack the cpk.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Apparently this game has modern invincibility music. Any idea what it actually does since Modern Sonic never goes invincible?

9. Tanks

Tanks

Good catch there... I had noticed that but completely forgot to mention it. Anyone who's beaten all the missions know if its used anywhere in there?

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Nope it's never used in any of the missions. Funny how they had the music put in the game so early yet it never did anything.

11. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Come to think of it, the Menu Remix from Heroes underwent a revision as well. Wonder if the first remix of it was simply a placeholder, or if it was refined due to unsatisfactory feelings towards it.

Perhaps not the topic for this though.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ah, so I wasn't just hearing things. I knew they changed something in that mix.

13. Tanks

Tanks

actually, pretty much all the streams from the first demo were redone or remastered. We ought to treat it as a prerelease and set up a wiki page for it.

14. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Andrew, would it be possible to send s few models?=P

15. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Does the PC version use .AAX for the music as well? Also what format are prerendered cutscenes?

16. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Yes, and SFD.

17. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Have those SFDs been ripped?

18. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Ripped? Yes. Converted? I don't know of any .SFD converter, but if someone can show me one I'll gladly use it.

And by ripped, I mean in the PC version they're litterally located in //steam/steamapps/common/sonicgenerations/movies and the SDFs are right there. The files are HUGE and I have no time to upload them, so for console users who want to mess with them, sorry, I can't help :/

19. Yuzu

Yuzu

Just thought I might post this for people who are having online crashes, I think I know what is crashing the game. I first played the game properly online before I finished it, ever since I beat Time Eater I can't load Online Mode anyway.

I started a new game, disabling STEAM Cloud and backing up my original save file. After getting through to the Hub world I quit and loaded online mode. It worked fine. This could just be a fluke however if this is correct this means that the online mode loading crashes are caused by game saves.

To anyone that is able to play Online Mode properly, could you please go to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\crazy string of numbers\71340\" and zip the contents of the 71340 folder, upload it to mediafire and post it here? It would help a lot.

20. SaviourDCX

SaviourDCX

Oldbie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnTpRVv7t_s&feature=feedu

Valfore put Classic Sonic in Speed Highway Act 2! Awesome!