don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I'm still having trouble keeping it at 60 FPS. It'll run really, really well for about a minute after I start it up, then it drops down to 30 and never recovers. Seems a lot of ATI GPUs are having this problem.

2. Mosqui

Mosqui

As luck would have it, I had the chance to play this over the weekend and I was pleasantly surprised. I kept away from the spoilers and after Sonic Colours (which was looking to be a one off in my opinion), I wasn't expecting much but it seems I was wrong. I am incredibly happy with what I played (Green Hill, Chemical Plant and Sky Sanctuary, if anyone is curious to know) and was surprisingly more interested in Modern Sonic's gameplay as it seems to have evolved so much since the days of Sonic Adventure.
    I thoroughly enjoyed myself for once (as opposed to the deadwood that arrived between 2003 and 2009) and am now reconsidering my stance on whether to buy the game or not.

...and there was me thinking that Sonic was literally dead. Maybe he was just hibernating, like all hedgehogs do.

3. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Are you talking about the one where he talks about the secret path that you use the Spike Wisp to get? That's not at the start, and it's towards the end of the first factory on the high route. Unless you mean in the Modern Act, then I dunno :\

4. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Has anyone noticed that one of the songs you can unlock is titled "Hydro City"? This might explain why Webber refereed to Hydrocity Zone by that name in that preview video.

5. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    How did they spell it? Pant Kingdom?

...Panty Kingdom?

6. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do you get that Amy avatar costume? I know it's not from the Collector's Edition, that's a female Super Sonic costume.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    To be fair, Planet Wisp is a clusterfuck. It's very hard to describe where anything is. I got confused at the "Mine cart that goes to the left" hint for ever.

8. Elektro-Omega

Elektro-Omega

Mushroom Hill'in Member
    UK
    -
    I bought Generations and played it on Sunday. Fair play to Sega I mean, I know the fanbase can be hard to please sometimes with it's diversity and I know that some people wouldn't have enjoyed generations as much as others but I can honestly say it is one of the most fun Sonic games I have played in a long long time.

Once I have completed it, I know I will go through and collect the rest of the red rings and even get all S ranks (something I have never done before). Sega really seemed to pull out all of the stops with the music and gameplay. I can honestly say that I have had so much fun with this and in my opinion, I think this game is perfect.

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's being released as part of an avatar pack pretty soon. The only way too have it already is by pre-ordering from Zaavi.

I dunno if this has been mentioned here yet, but HMV are offering a pretty awesome free gift:
    [​IMG]

It's not a pre-order thing, it's just there in the store. Seems like it's very limited though, as not many stores seem to have it and it isn't even being advertised. Heck, at my one only one guy knew about it. Because it's a freebie they don't scan, you can buy the game, get the T-shirt and then return the game next day.

10. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
    Why these things only occurs in Europe? :(

11. Could you possibly get one for me? I've just rang 3 of my local HMV's and they don't have a clue :colbert:

12. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I recorded this video high and was surprised at how well I did, so I posted it on reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/trees/comments/m4c38/how_the_fuck_am_i_that_good_at_video_games_whilst/

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I dunno if they'll have any left next time I get a chance to go and check it out, but sure. You'll have to return the game yourself though, and just say it was an unwanted gift or something.

14. ProwlerX

ProwlerX

Oh man! I humbly request that whoever does get this, to scan the inside cover of that cartridge box! I'd love to display it with my other Genesis games. =)

15. Nova

Nova

Completely unrelated to any other discussion about T-shirts or run times:

Holy shit Rooftop Run Act 2 has the most beautiful music afisdghsa

16. Got the game a few days ago, and I'm enjoying it a hell of a lot. Almost every single Act is fun to play through (although I'm not a fan of Planet Wisp Act 1), and the side-missions are pretty consistent and will probably keep me interested for a while. Only disappointments are the shortness of the standard playthrough and the lack of cutscenes; considering I enjoyed the humour, cheesy as it was, of Colours, I was expecting more of the same. I would have particularly appreciated some Rival banter.

Overall, great effort by Sonic Team. A fantastic tribute to Sonic's 20th and a damn good game overall.

17. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    Because Sonic's more popular there despite sales not really reflecting it (there's proof there somewhere).

Though I can probably guess that a good chunk of these exclusive goodies go to Americans with fat wallets.

18. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    Dunno if this site is accurate or not, but it looks like Generations sold more on it's first week than Colors did.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales-data/45319/sonic-colors/

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales-data/50912/sonic-generations/

19. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    That's not surprising, considering Generations is well-marketed, widely praised, and currently on three times as many platforms as Colors.

20. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member