don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Picture illustrating it:

2. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Ah, whoops. Didn't catch that you'd already brought it up - good call, sir. = ) Hopefully it'll be fixed for the final release, anyway.

3. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    I can't really blame you for not knowing these things, it's not like it's a sin or something. But I can't help but find it very odd you don't know them since it's been circulating on Retro for long, what it being Taxman doing it and all.

It's a remake of Sonic CD, using the Retro Engine (which I assume is being licensed for use by SEGA), and the International soundtrack, made by The Taxman. He had the idea and approached SEGA to do it, apparently they said yes and gave the go ahead. This means that despite being in widescreen et al, the physics are just what we expect from Taxman (yummy).

4. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    I don't keep track of the community.

5. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    I know, makes sense. It just feels odd, it's a bit as if we now had someone come here "HEY GUYS THERE'S A NEW SONIC GAME COMING OUT, WITH CLASSIC SONIC!" :P

6. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    That's actually not a bug in a game, rather the two video frames are bleeding into each other. Since this is hand held footage, the offsets will be different.

7. Hey Taxman! Is this game coming out on PSN around the same time period it's coming out on Android?

8. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Yep, December. Should be fun!

9. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So...Will you be able to save mid level or not?

10. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member

Fuck, I must have missed it. Shit, I'm sorry.

11. gummyworm

gummyworm

Let's keep this attitude - If Sega sees the market, maybe there will be other ports :)

Taxman, I only regret that I don't have ->every<- platform to buy it for.

12. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    What makes this a remake and not a port? It's the same game with a few extra features.

13. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    If I'm not mistaken, which I probably am, the coding was completely rewritten from scratch on a new engine, but uses all the same assets.

14. Sploit

Sploit

Can't wait to play as Tails in this.

I wonder if playing as him will open up any other features?

15. maybe an extra life here or there in spots Sonic can't reach, but I doubt anything huge

16. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
    Well, I wasn't flowing the entire topic. But I want to congrats Taxman for this awesome work. :)

I have a question: It will have a option to skip the time-travel loading scene? Nowadays it is unnecessary.

17. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I wonder If they are using the unused SNCBNK to loop the music! :D And yeah a shorter time travel screen would be better xD.

18. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I think it's doubtful. If they were going to do that I figure they probably would have for the music in Generations too (Palmtree Panic did show up there, after all). But we've still got a while before this comes out so I won't stick my neck out TOO far on this one, but I won't expect it.

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Palmtree Panic also looped in All-Stars Racing, for the record.

20. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    I have a question regarding the exclusion of the US soundtrack. From what I understand, it's not being included in this remake because of legal issues regarding Pastiche's vocals. Sonic Generations found a way around that by remixing the Stardust Speedway Bad Future theme, but in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, the Sonic Boom theme was left untouched. Why is it that it was okay to be included in that game, but not this remake?