don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Sure thing, it's coming to Android marketplace in December, with some extra polish might I add.

2. Tanks

Tanks

Suddenly. Satisfaction. :D

Here's hoping it likes tablets as much as the GS build does.

3. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    well Taxman, that's 4 purchases you are getting from me, PC, 360, PS3, and Android Phone, now to get them to add DLC characters including Amy, Knux, Metal, Eggman, and Shadow...............

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Don't forget Big the Cat.

5. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Or Vector.

6. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    only difference is, I'm more serious with those choices, I would truly pay for the option to play as them

7. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I would also pay good money for a version with VS mode multiplayer. Hey, a guy can dream (Sonic CD in splitscreen, say it's not awesome).

You shouldn't have added Tails, Taxman, it's fueled the flames of greed from us fans. We want more...more....MOOORRRRREEEEE!!! :v:

8. Darkon

Darkon

UK
    I'm curious to know If the pc version will be moddable at all ;)

9. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    Is The Taxman working on this?

10. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Honestly I expected there to be one without the extra cost. Because the limitations are no longer there, this version shouldn't be a bare bones version like the original. I praise the work that has go into this as it is a genuine labour of love but in this day of age a split screen vs like in Sonic 2 is what I expected to be put in this game.

11. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Yes.

Please tell me this is sarcasm, because I find it hard to believe somebody would be quite so presumptuous. I'm ecstatic that we're getting a very nearly 1:1 port with the original soundtrack and an optional extra character as it is... That's more than we've gotten from any of these rereleases to date.

12. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    It's almost entirely his project. It's using his Retro Engine.

13. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    I would've orgasmed if they had put Taxman's user name instead of his real name. But still, that's a pretty awesome accomplishment, to work on an engine loyal to the old physics, and then have SEGA come up and let you get involved in a port of a beloved game with your engine.

EDIT: By the way, when does it come out for PS3 and PC?

14. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    Oh wow! Good for him!

Edit - Wait so if Taxman works for Sega now and they have his retro engine then why didn't they use it to make Sonic 4?

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This came after Sonic 4.

16. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    Ah I assumed he had been with them for a while. So then this Sonic CD isn't a port or emulated or whatever, it's a remake?

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yep, it be a remake sir. Damn fine looking one at that.

18. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Will the opening be in the final release?

19. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    This looks excellent from what I've seen - it's nice both to see Taxman getting recognition and actual paying business from his efforts with the Retro Engine, and to see Sonic CD getting a remade release with a new front-end, 16:9 screen ratio and optional extras. Including Tails! = D That's just awesome.

One error that I've noticed in what I've seen, though. From the video of the game running on the tablet, there's a pretty glaring animation error in the lead-in to the title screen. As Sonic turns to face the screen, on the last frame his arm is positioned totally wrong - it's too far left compared to the matching frame when the title screen pops in properly, so his shoulder extends out directly from his stomach! Hopefully this can be fixed before the other versions are released, as from what I've seen here Taxman's said there will be a little further polish.

Looking forward to this so much. I'm definitely going to be buying when it comes out on the Xbox Marketplace, in the hopes that this will encourage future releases of Sonic 1 - 3&K to be remade in the same way with a few optional extras. Or, heaven forbid, a new Retro-Engine-powered Sonic game...! ..Hey, I can dream. = P Would likely get shot down by SoJ anyway, as I'd imagine they wouldn't want it in competition with Sonic 4. = /

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Please don't be lazy and actually read a page or three back.