don't click here

Sonic Rush Adventures proto cart on ebay

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by drx, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Sploit

Sploit

I might be able to chuck a bid in....see what the price is like nearer the end...

...I only ever snipe and usually bid swomewhere within the last minute.

2. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    As much as I would like to say how much I'm willing to bid, I don't think it's a good idea in case someone from the outside finds out. Crazy as it sounds, these things can happen. You never know. Even if I were to say how much I'm willing to bid, it may end up being less or more than expected (if not exact). Plan of attack would be to see how much the bid ends up and from there put in my contributions. I will then let you guys know how much more I may need (if necessary). And no worries, your interest and curiosity is greatly appreciated ;)

I've heard of these tools before. As tempting as they are, I don't want to risk it as such in case the seller is one of those people who know about these sort of tools and refuses to sell to anyone who might use such tools. True there are some sellers who don't care as long as they get the money. However, there are some sellers who believe in fair bidding.

So unless there are any objections, I'll go ahead and throw a bid in on this cart and see what happens.

3. Good point, I hadn't thought of that!

I'm cool with that, though I can only chuck in a relatively small amount, I can certainly throw in something.

4. Orengefox

Orengefox

[​IMG]

"Colonel, mission accomplished!" :v:

I managed to put a bid on it and got it. It sold for £77.50 ($124.20) in the end. I'm not surprise by that. In fact, I wouldn't have been surprised if it had made it ever so slightly into the triple digits. Now I'll happily put in around £50. If anyone is willing to contribute the rest, I would really appreciate it :)

It'll be coming to me in the next few days. I'll get it dumped as soon as it arrives.

5. Sploit

Sploit

Congrats. I put a bid in of £50 somewhere in the last minute, then went to £60 but was beat out somewhere in the last 20seconds.

Gutted I didn't win but glad someone here got it, I was gonna bid £100, but I couldn't really afford to this month.

6. Tanks

Tanks

[​IMG]

7. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Well, seeing as you were the one that made it more expensive for him, it'd be a wise move to send Orengefox the remaining £27.50

8. Hahaha. Oh wow. gg.

Reacon we'll find anything noteworthy in this then?

9. Sploit

Sploit

I personally didn't...after all someone was fighting against me and others for it beforehand, I would imagine orengefox did the exact same thing as me...tried to snipe it, I went in earlier as I assumed the connection I was going from at the time was slower than the one I usually use. I was winning for about ten seconds, then tried to put in a second bid, which was not high enough regardless(it was already higher than second bid), therefore I am not responsible for how much he paid.

I also posted here honestly...stating I would try to bid, it went out of my price range in terms of what I can cuurently spend. Though I know less about dumping and such, I would have done so had someone helped with the means of doing so. He chose to bid too...he won. I am not personally responsible for how much he paid. Also he chose to bid for that price, I don't see why I should be getting negativity for trying to do the same thing he was.

Secondly if I had won it for what I bid, I would have been happy for the fact that I owned the cart itself, I would presume orengefox would pleased the he owns the proto cart, I think owning a genuine proto cart is pretty cool.

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Here's the bid history, in case anyone's interested:
    I'm guessing 8***s is Sploit, and a***a is some unknown collector.

It would be hilarious if a***a and d***0 turned out to be more people from this board trying to help. :v:

11. Tanks

Tanks

Ok. Look. I knew it would come to this. So let's go for the simplest solution. First, we wait for Orengefox to speak on this. He spent the money, we'll see what he thinks ought to be done here. Now, obviously I'm not the one who spent the money, but I'd argue to just let it go or maybe set up a little donation fund. Had I spent the money, I assure you, I'd be pissed. We DID organize this and we DID state NOT TO BID UNLESS YOUR NAME WAS ORENGEFOX. With that aside though, we did get our cart. Let's just wait and see what Orenge has to say about it.

12. Sploit

Sploit

I posted saying I'd would bid before any proper arrnagements like this were made. I do not see anywhere in this thread that expressly says I should not bid especially not at the time I posted.

Secondly I wanted the cart...I fail to see how that makes all of a sudden the bad guy-as stated I would have had it dumped too.

So, how about people get off my back?

13. Tanks

Tanks

Look, you may very well have wanted the cart, but that's not the point. The point was WE were doing this as a community. Had you actually made it well known you were going to bid and maybe clarified this to the community and/or Orengefox, he might have no had to spend extra money or even would have let you take the responsibility for acquiring the cart. Obviously you didn't do this because, fuck, no one knew. I can't be the only guy here who thought Orenge was going to be our representative. I think the point I want to make here is that, in issues of money ONE POST EARLY ON SAYING YOU'RE BIDDING IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. We need complete and utter clarity in these situations so we don't end up fucking ourselves over, like in this case. Be sure to drive the fucking point home to us so every one of us knows what we're up against. Maybe a follow up post saying "Hey guys. Just a reminder. I want the cart too." would have sufficed. At least then we could have assessed the situation before we threw all our money in.

14. Sploit

Sploit

I bidded the same as orengefox did, I am sure he wanted the cart same as me. At the end of the day, more people bidding from here also means more chance someone here got it.

I posted once, but I did post and also no one expressly said what you were claiming in your previous post, and I did not check on the thread before bidding as I am away from home.

I am also willing to bet other people here did or would have bid if they could have...just because I have been honest (and even though I was saying well done to the winner) people are targeting me...the whole idea of singling me out and trying to have a go at me for it, is ridiculous.

Funny how the people having a go at me and telling me how to spend my money, were people who said they couldn't bid themselves.
    Like I said before, get off my back.

15. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Straight from the first post:
    I guess the intention is that we were meant to agree on who was gonna bid before anybody attempted to do it.

16. Sploit

Sploit

I am not saying it wasn't, I said I'd bid, and I did.

And like I said, fair enough the price would go up a bit, but more people from here, increases the chances of someone from here obtaining it.

Those two people trying to have a go at me and telling me I should compensate the other guy for winning, despite expressly stating that they couldn't afford to contribute to him if he won, is hypocritical.

17. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Buy, dump, sell again, get money back (and possible profit), release dump, win.

it's tedious when multiple people with the same goal are beefing up the price for no reason, but in theory you could use the same tactic during the "sell again" phase.

18. Sploit

Sploit

Wasn't going to sell it for profit, wanted cart, but would have dumped it gladly.

I didn't actually bring up money at all. So I don't know where this has came from.

I congratulated the winner and am glad someone here got it.

Others are turning this into something its not and making a big deal out of it.

19. Orengefox

Orengefox

Look. Whether Sploits' bid had any effect on the final bid is debatable because someone else did throw in a bid straight after Sploits before it ended. In my first reply, I mentioned that I would happily put a bid on this and dump it. Not long before the bid was over, I asked if there were any objections to me putting a bid in. As no one objected, I assumed I was the only one who was going to bid on this and gather any donations afterwards. Perhaps posting that you were bidding on this after it was finished might not have been a good idea, even if you had the best intentions.

Regardless, it's done now and the important thing is that we got what we needed. I only ask if anyone is willing to donate a small amount of money to me if at all possible :)

20. Tanks

Tanks

1. I Never said you should compensate. All I said what you did was foolish. Compensating Orenge through a donation might be a good thing to do to make up for this, but no one's going to force you. It's something you'll have to think over yourself.

2. Once again, I go back what I said before, best to put this behind us. I think we can all agree Sploit's just being defensive and refusing to admit what he did was clearly dumb (not necessarily wrong), but let's all take this time to better organize ourselves before we go about this again. Getting on his case anymore than we already have is equivalent to dragging the man off to the stocks and chucking fruit at him. We need to take this purely as a learning moment.

It was suggested we set up an IRC channel or something where we can get in direct contact with each other. Anything to be sure there are little to no kinks in the process. This is money we're dealing with, and in some cases, money we need to live off of. One person's dumb move means someone can't eat lunch for a few days. We need to take this into consideration. People budget their lives and wantonly bidding on something just to "increase retro's chances" only makes it harder on the winner. Maybe another solution is for drx to just contact Orenge first before we even open a thread so he can organize the donations himself. I dunno what the proper solution is here, but it cannot be what we just did here or we're bound to have a major fuck up and everyone's going to lose.