don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. ...Ah. I was listening to Future, naturally. Thanks.

2. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    SAME thing happened to me when I played modern with my Saturn controller instead of the 360 pad.

3. DinnerSonic

DinnerSonic

Never Posting Since 2004! Member
    PC version just had a random update pop up for me on Steam... but it didn't seem to fix any issues with the shop or other issues I've heard people mention, according to the Steam forum.

4. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    It happened just now too, using my logitech gamepad, it was working perfectly before.

For some reason quickstepping doesn't make the quickstep sound either.

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Still no sign of mine.

Amazon IS reporting it's out in the wild, though:

God knows what's happened in the last 48 hours. I can only hope it'll arrive tomorrow...

6. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Same thing is happening to me! I think I'm going to do a re-install just to make sure nothing broke or whatever (reacently a bug happened in Portal 2 where the title screen music wouldn't play unless you played a stage and then went back to the title screen; related maybe?)

This is kinda odd, and a little annoying. SG is fun, but some of these bugs are just... WEIRD... :S

7. I've put 6 hours into this game and I haven't finished the story mode yet. Too much challenge playing, unlockable-unlocking, and speedrunning goin' on here. The difficulty goes up in the modern levels, that's for sure. Which is nice, because the first 3 levels are pretty damn easy (which is fitting considering they're the first 3 levels).

This shall definitely hold me over until Skyrim. This game is as replayable as the Genesis games, which is a pleasant surprise!

In other news, 2 people beat my #1 time on Green Hill act 2 and I can't figure out how to beat them. I've gone through, timing everything about as perfect as I can taking the fastest route but I can't manage to get any faster than 01:46. I need to get below 01:44:something.

8. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Holy fuck, maybe it's the slowdown/poor FPS I'm getting, but I'm really noticing the difference in Generations' 2.5D physics from the originals - it's painfully apparent in general, and I really didn't think it would bother me that much. Actually, it probably is because of the wildly-inconsistent FPS I'm experiencing that make what I'm sure are straightforward missions a real pain in the ass.

Example - No matter what resolution, generally the Title Screen menu looks like it runs at 60fps, Classic Green Hill seems to run at... maybe 30-45fps? Modern stages depend on how close the camera is to Sonic - the closer it is, the faster the game runs. The farther away, it dips to 15fps I'm sure. Most probably below 15 at times - namely Chemical Plant. Obviously the in-game cutscenes generally have, like, half-a-second lag between sound and picture, while the cutscene after Chemical Plant doesn't seem any faster than 15fps at most.

Fuck, this is just like my last laptop - it was from 2005 or 2006 and couldn't handle Riders' graphics, and even chugged out the frames-per-second on Heroes. Now my current 'rig' can play those just fine (as expected) but sure enough Generations is suffering the same fate. It's a bitch. I was pretty sure nearly all my laptop's specs either met or surpassed (albeit not by much) the minimum requirements - except the graphics. I always see so-and-so graphics card brand names on the list of various game requirements but that never really seems to matter much. I believe that's the one flaw holding back my full experience. I've got... ah, "Intel HD Graphics Family"... I forgot, is that just an integrated graphics card?

Hm... Perhaps someone should start a new topic about Generations' PC requirements and any issues we've been experiencing? At least just to get an idea of where folks are at. I'm asking out loud first as I get the impression that those of us with issues are something of a minority.

9. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    So, I fixed the crazy quickstep+no quickstep sound glitch...

... by starting a new game...

I will make no attempt to understand how the two can be related, but apparently savegame corruption or something related to the save file (NOT controller binding) causes the quickstep to fuck up.

10. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Okay, so I've got just one more Red Ring in Planet Wisp Act 1. Charmy says it's in a secret path connecting the first factory to the outside.

If you know where it is, help a brutha out, huh?

11. Tylinos

Tylinos

Grab the first Spike Wisp and backtrack a little. Use the Spike to climb up. Ring should be there if it's the same one I'm thinking of.

12. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    So I just downloaded a Generations patch. 28.6mbs. I think the last one was 109mbs? or did am I just imagining things and downloaded the same one everyone else did?

13. gummyworm

gummyworm

28Mb is correct - that's what I just downloaded. Also - anyone know if xbox saves can be transferred to the pc version? (I decided to purchase both ^^)

14. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    I actually laughed earlier when I recused Blaze and she said "Wow, I never thought I'd be in Crisis City again." Lol sega u b trollin. Not only the fact she shouldn't remember being there, her story in that game was completly fuxxed.

Also, if we do see new DLC levels, I can see Big, Omega and Jet being the helper characters considering they have trophies in that secret room. If that isn't the case.. Why didn't they give Wave and Storm trophies? Or even go to the trouble of making new models for them? (I know Bigs isn't new because I have a poster with that pose on, Omega's is definetly new though).

15. Dehry

Dehry

Ohio
    That patch broke my Seaside Hill. It stopped loading graphis in the middle of the level. :argh:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197996739386/screenshot/632981847267075024

Edit: Someone on the Something Awful forums is having the exact same issue.
    Edit 2: On Xbox360

16. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Well I just played through a few of Classics levels with my USB Saturn pad, and it works like a dream. Also, the frustration that the game gave me, especially Dat Final Boss, became completely worthwhile with the last sequence of dialogue.

17. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member

How did you do that?

18. gummyworm

gummyworm

Everyone keeps complaining about the final boss - I didn't have any issues, but I HELD the boost button instead of spamming it - does that make a difference?

19. I have a top-end PC I built myself, so I won't have any issues running the game. My next question is, is there anyway to disable vsync in the game so I can do over 60fps? ;)

20. Nothing more to say than this game is fucking fantastic. Best Sonic game I've ever played on a home console, tied with Sonic CD. (Handheld belongs to SAdv2 / Rush for me). Collectors edition is fantastic, haven't had the time to fully open and explore the content, keeping it all packed up until I'm back at my Uni flat. Though playing the game 'gently' as to not go and complete the game in 5 hours like I've seen my friends go and do. I'm spending way too much time just idling in the collection room due to the Door into Summer Remix though.

Also picked up the Game Guide for Sonic Generations:

[​IMG]

Good job. Good. Job.