don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    In this version, the opening cutscene starts when you begin a new save. This is mainly because for new comers, they might miss it if they don't know to wait on the title screen.

2. Wasn't like that in the original game. Sorry, this is forever tarnished. I'll never buy this ever.

But yeah that was a smart move, to be honest I didn't even know about the opening cutscene when I bought the PC version in 98 until I actually went into the CD's files a few years later and saw the mpg file. Is it in the original aspect ratio or is it stretched/cropped/the very edges stretched with the center not touched like they do on tbs?

3. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    It's the higher frame rate

EDIT: Tax, is the time attack mode included? Specifically the unlockable special stage time attack mode?

4. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Higher than what? The original ran at 60FPS, and I kind of expect this would have, too.
    Well, there's a "Time Attack" entry mentioned in the main menu, if you look closely. No idea about the Special Stages, though.

5. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    The game should be running as normal (60fps). No PAL or any wackiness like that. Not sure what's going on in the video. Maybe the tablet's doing something in the background? And yep, Time Attack is all there.

6. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

I mean the extra frames of animation. Like the rings, they have the additional frames from knuckles chaotix.

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That footage shows the actual gameplay being slowed down, so it can't be that...

8. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    HD footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTrUzFyepQw

9. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    It looks really "floaty" and kinda slow to me. Might just be the tablet version that suffers from this issue.

10. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Seems like an issue with the tablet.

11. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    Chimpo, if you have access to the main page, can you replace the video I deleted with the new HD one?

EDIT: Cool, thanks.

12. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Noticed an engine difference in the video filmed at gamestop today - when he goes into the loop trying to time travel, he can make it to the floating platforms which stops his time travel. I have been playing Sonic CD for years and I've never made it up to those platforms.

RAWR TAX LAZY GAME SUX PREORDER CANCELLED

13. SANiK

SANiK

Tech Member
    When he goes to options, you can see Genesis Sonic 2 spindash physics are set. I wonder if this has something to do with it.

14. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

He does the super peel out prior to entering the tube. Granted, I never do that before entering the tube, but it's much easier to call Tax lazy and proclaim this to be a shitty rom hack.

15. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Since Sonic CD has been officially released on the tablets.
    I wonder how long its gana be before hackers start attacking like a school of hungry ParanĂ¡. >__<
    Feel sorry for tax-man in regard.

16. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    When playing with the Sonic 2 spindash the speed cap is removed, hence being able to blast through that tube faster with a peelout.

17. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Like the new options screen, seems more efficient and professional than the original one. Just a thought will you be able to select stages after you cleared the game (like in S3+K) or is like the original where you finish with Metallic Madness permanently as default?

And no speed cap, looking at the vid, the fade in/out transition lost in Gems are back too, nice attention to detail. :D

Knuckles would probably be the easiest alt character to implement after Tails if another was used, since a lot of his sprites from previous games could be utilized to make the neccessary CD exclusive moves (eg. angular run sprites in S3+K, Special Stage sprites in Chaotix, I think Megamix also has a spinning spring animation).

Though I did experiment here and there beforehand:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'll just leave these on this thread... unprotected... with my back turned... and whatever happens happens... *whistles*

18. David The Lurker

David The Lurker

For some mysterious reason... Administrator
    If Amy Rose was in the game, I would be way too excited about the idea of only being able to play through Palmtree Panic with her, at the very end you trying to catch Sonic. Then, in Collision Chaos, you are kidnapped and are then forced to see Metal Sonic fly over the subsequent zones very quickly until you are tied up in Stardust Speedway, where you remain until Sonic is able to save you. Then you get to try and play through Metallic Madness, only so you're able to see Sonic defeat Eggman and Sonic save you. I know it would annoy so many people, but I would have such the laugh.

19. gummyworm

gummyworm

must... RESIST urge to... dump tablet's rom images to SD CARD

...Please tell me the game will be on the market, and work with phones too!

20. Tanks

Tanks

Speaking of that. Tax. I will personally paypal you the cost of the game itself if I can run a dumped copy on my Touchpad via CyanogenMod. Seriously, all money, good sir, belongs to you.