don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    .....Tails is in Sonic CD!?!?!!?

...I...I can't process this right now, this is one of the most amazing things I've ever heard and I...I can't think straight.....my head feels like it's going to explode...

This is a VERY smart move from Sega!!!!!!! I just can't believe that someone in Sonicretro didn't do this sooner, I mean I know that Sonic CD is complex to mod and all but still for Sega to do this before any of us could is just amazing. I never thought that Sega would pull something this cool and unexpected, I honestly didn't see this coming, did anyone?

Also Psi, ditto with Knuckles in Sonic CD patch.

2. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    [​IMG]

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    ...This was actually done by somebody in Sonic Retro. =P

4. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    Oh.....

Alright well I wasn't aware of this, sorry. Also who's hack is this? Is it yours?

5. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    I'm wondering have the load times been eliminated as it's always been one of the things I appreciated from the Megadrive versions that there really is zero load times. It would be great to jump from one act to another and to other time zones with zero loading so the pace of the game is never lost.

6. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I would love to see the credits of the resource files, hehe.

If I had the extreme power that you have, I would check who drew the clouds in the background of Metallic Madness Past, and see if it is the same guy/girl who drew backgrounds in Sonic 1. Then make the assumption that the artist were forced to dither art for Sonic CD. And of course brag about it to me without being able to tell. That would make me go crazy, yeah.

Oh, can I ask if it is possible to clear Metallic Madness 2 Past? I remember I got stuck at one point, while not getting launched far enough on a diagonal spring. This might have been a bug in the PC port, or in the original game. Anyone else had this problem, or can guide me to a topic/post about it?

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

IIRC, you have to hit the spring but not not any directional buttons for it to take you the full distance. It stumped quite a few people, so that'd be a neat little 'fix' so to say for this version.

8. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
  9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

lol! That's where I got my misinformation from then. :P

10. Granville

Granville

US
    I believe that hack was made by Stealth, think it was codenamed R11A Genesis. I recall him posting it and his port of Sonic 1 to GBA as proof of concepts in the same thread. If I recall correctly, it was a starting concept to port Sonic CD to the original Genesis hardware without Sega CD hardware or emulation. Very early, I think it was just the first act of Palmtree Panic. Had no music, though the sound effects worked. Tails and Knuckles were playable and I believe I recall their moves working as well, though their palettes were obviously glitched as you can see. Neat proof of concept to be sure (as well as that GBA port of course). I haven't played the hack in years and no longer have it. I also can't find it anywhere online anymore. Original thread is here though-
    http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=11861

Tails doesn't bother me whatsoever to have in this new port. I welcome it as an optional addition. Knuckles would be fine by me too if he's being considered (I'm a fan of all of the "big three" Genesis characters you could say), though I dunno whether his jumping height would interfere with any of the levels or bosses or not.

11. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    I don't think Knuckles would be fast enough to time travel either, not if you want to be 100% faithful to the originals.

12. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    Video footage!

I headed to a GameStop near me that had tablets and got some video of Sonic CD. Couldn't do too much filming with 1 hand and playing with the other, but it plays great from what I got.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTrUzFyepQw

EDIT: Replaced with HD version.

13. SonicAD

SonicAD

Oldbie
    Nice Blue Ranger jacket!

14. Spindash54

Spindash54

Thanks, I had a costume maker make it. It's a kick ass hoodie in this cold weather.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    [​IMG]
    That's got to hurt... :v:

Hey, is that credits music from the Sonic The Hedgehog Remix album?

16. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Is it just me or it looks kind of slow? PAL-ish if you will. :psyduck:

17. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I was just about to comment on that, yeah. It's definitely slower than normal.

18. Isn't Taxman from the UK? I reckon he'd make it match what he remembers the game to be, or just throw my theory out the window and chalk it up to the tablet itself.

Is the opening anywhere to be found?

19. Spindash54

Spindash54

If it's there I couldn't get it to go, I went through 2 loops of the title music and nothing happened.

20. Maybe it plays when you start a new game? It'd be weird if they didn't include the animations, they're practically the main noticeable thing that separates CD from the rest of the series.