don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    how in the HELL do you beat time eater...jesus fist fucking christ

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Try and shoot one of the other Sonic's into the middle of the time eater's stomach while boosting into him. It's that purple thing in the middle. Ya that battles kinda strange

3. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I'm fine with that part, how the fuck do you get rings. I can barrely tell theyre there first off, and when I finally see them theyre gone.

4. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I had trouble there, too. Try boosting through the rings you can get close enough to in order to pull them into you. You can rack up a ton of rings this way.

5. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    The level design in this is the best the series has seen in a long time. Green Hill Zone was extremely meh, just a big corridor basically, but immediately after you beat the first level the game opens up tremendously. I've replayed both Sky Sanctuaries countless times and I'm still trying to figure out how to get all the red rings.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I love this period of time where not many people have the game. It's one of the few and only times I'll ever be able to be near the top of the leaderboards. Currently 3rd for GHZ Act 2, 2nd for SH Act 1, and 3rd for SSZ Act 1 (Xbox version btw)

Lovely.

7. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    How about that huh? First stages being a largely on rails guided experiences. It's almost as if they were trying to introduce the mechanics to new players rather than throw them into a complicated level and confuse them.

Stupid Sonic Team, who the hell would design the opening level to function as a controlled tutorial stage?

8. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    FFFfff, Classic Crisis City is so nerve racking. I somehow got a S rank, though.

9. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Hey, I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to stress the fact that the demo did no where near a good enough job of showcasing what the full experience is like. So many people keep harping that this game is too linear and guided, when in reality the Modern stages play like a hybrid of Adventure and Unleashed, with a fuck-ton of alternate paths. Perfect.

10. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Regarding the statues...

200 078 gives you an Egg Chaser statue. Found by a guy on GameFAQs.

11. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Do you suppose SEGA will be releasing passwords on their blog or something? I don't figure how we'd get them otherwise.

12. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    By hacking through the assets? I'm sure all the passwords are hidden in there somewhere

13. So collecting all the red rings for an act opens up a skill, while clearing all the challenges... makes it look prettier, I guess?

How far has anyone gotten on red rings? What are the skills you get?

14. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Just so it doesn't get bottom'd, the password for a statue is:

200 078

I'm playing through Sonic 1 on the Genesis now. It has a best score/time rank, so maybe it'll give me something afterward? I'll let you know.

15. Tylinos

Tylinos

Just the ones I have so far:

Classic Green Hill: Treasure Scanner (Shows hidden items and springs)
    Classic Chemical Plant: Breath Holder (Hold breath longer)
    Classic Sky Sanctuary: Twin Spin Attack (Insta-shield)
    Classic City Escape: Boardmaster (Skateboard)
    Classic Crisis City: Hercules Muscles (Push movable objects faster)
    Classic Rooftop Run: I think it was Long Spin Dash. (Spin Dash carries you farther.)
    Modern Green Hill: Acceleration (Increases, uh, acceleration.)
    Modern Chemical Plant: Smasher Bonus (Breaking enemies fills Boost Gauge more.)
    Modern Rooftop Run: Trick Mastery (Perform tricks faster)

EDIT: Added two more Modern ones.

16. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Okay, just beat Sonic 1 on the Genesis. You can adjust the screen into a tiny 640x480 window with LB, haha. it didn't seem to unlock anything, but it did record my time -- 34:54.

17. corneliab

corneliab

I'm currently #1 for modern Chemical Plant. Feels radioactive, man.

That shortcut at the beginning (where you follow the left path) is EVIL. You need to do a precise airboost over a pit to an orange hoop that's a decent ways away. Then you have to land a light speed dash in rapid free fall. I've only ever been able to do that part by mashing, and even then I sometimes miss it.

18. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    It's from the bell on the Classic Chemical Plant mission where Tails carries you. You're welcome!

19. Zallirog

Zallirog

Uh, what were we talking about? Member
    Okay for anyone who does not know about this shortcut in modern Speed Highway you're welcome in advance.

If you jump off the hill right at the very beginning of the stage properly, aim slightly to Sonic's left then you can homing attck and grab the feet of the helicopter that passes by and it shaves off a good 5 or more seconds from you're time, good luck to ya and enjoy this awesome shortcut!

20. Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Children, Children, don't be scared. Member
    Toledo, OH
    Level Concepts
    Collecting rings for Time Eater...

When he's in classic mode, switch to playing as modern Sonic, and vice versa. You should be able to see at least a row or two of rings that will really help you gain a quick advantage (the screen won't be blocked by the boss since he's technically on the other side of where you are) and then head back to the fight. Worked well for me.