don't click here

Sonic Rush Adventures proto cart on ebay

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by drx, Oct 30, 2011.

1. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/220883556260

My advice is that if anyone wants to bid on these they should say so, so that there aren't any accidental bidwars between Retro members.

2. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I don't know... It's cheap but... Even the seller is assuming it's final.

3. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    It's still worth getting anyway, because you can never know. And just because something plays like the final version doesn't mean the bits aren't exactly the same =P However I can't bid on this at the moment.

4. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Yeah! But the people who will donate don't have to expect an "E3 Demo" like the other Rush proto! That was interesting!

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Someone might as well. it may or may not be a final but at least it will be another build of a sonic game in our possession.

6. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    If I bought this, how would I go about dumping it? Could I send it to someone and have them dump it, then have them send it back?

7. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    It would be for the best if you can't do it yourself. It's what Techokami did for drx with the Advance 2 cart.

8. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I have an EZ 3-in-1 so it wouldn't be hard for me to do; I'd just probably be too slow in shipping it back.

9. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    One of the pictures shows that the timer in a stage isn't running, not sure if it means it isn't the final version but just putting that out there.

10. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    Jen and I had just seen this elsewhere before coming onto here this morning. Excellent work drx!

I would happily bid on this and be able to dump it. However, would anyone be willing to donate some money towards it in case its price goes up too high? I probably wouldn't afford to pay for it in full but I should be able to pay most of it myself. It all depends on how high the bidding goes.

11. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Well...Someone put a bid on it.

12. Tanks

Tanks

I'm a bit cautious on this one. I guess if the bidding gets a bit high I can toss in a few bucks, but I'm holding off from going all in due other expenses.

13. Same, I can donate a little if the bidding gets too high. Have you bid on it yet?

14. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

I'm willing to bid... However, it would be a bit later as I'm a bit short on Cash at the moment. (Or rather, I have the money for it but it's for a few things in November.)

The only thing I would need is the address of someone who can dump the Rom as I do not have the hardware to dump roms. (If I win the bid anyway.)

I'll make another post once I bid and/or win.

15. Well, since OrangeFox can bid AND dump a ROM it makes more sense for him to bid on it, and all of us who are able/willing to contribute cash to do so. That would save you the added hassle of having to post it somewhere else after getting the cart.

Unless, y'know, you really really want that cart.

16. Skaarg

Skaarg

I would say it's only worth it if you get it cheap. I wouldn't pay much more than what it's at now especially since it's most likely final or a review copy. You might find a test level or something like on my Sonic Rivals proto. It was final, but had a test level removed from the retail version.

17. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    As far as bidding is concerned, I tend not to bid on these things too soon. Especially on eBay. A good portion of the time it ends up becoming a bidding war which is the last thing someone wants. Of course these things can still happen even if I don't initiate it. In which case there's much one can do. However, there's less chance of that happening if I were to not engage in that sort of tactic.

Instead, I tend to bid on things more near to the time of when the bidding ends. Depending on how much I'm willing to bid, it's a very effective tactic. Sure it pisses many bidders off (including myself when the shoe is on the other foot) to no end however, there's no escaping it because many bidders will use that tactic a lot of the time. Sounds ludicrous but that's eBay for you. This is all based on my experience on eBay.

18. That doesn't sound ludicrous at all. It's what I do if I ever have to bid on something - though I generally avoid bidding for this precise reason. If you're buying something on ebay that there are multiple copies of, you can generally get it on the buy-it-now option which may be more expensive initially, but saves both money and arsing about or stress in the long run because the items people bid for often seem to go much higher. Or y'know, just get it from some other place.

Well, if you still want to get the cart, why don't you tell us how much of your own money you're willing to put towards it. Then we can all add our own contributions to that price. Is that a good idea? I'm a noob here, so I don't know if that's how things like this are usually handled or if there is already an esablished Better Way Of Doing It.

I've also heard about a plug-in you can get that will place your last bid for you in the final nanosecond before bidding ends, but I have never tried such a thing and have no idea how well it works.

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    eBay sniping is all about timing and balls, at the end of the day, but when it works, it pays off. I got a Mega Drive on eBay once at a stupidly cheap price having put a bid in with 2 SECONDS to go =P

20. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Just posting to say that I am willing to help dump this if whoever buys it can't do it him/herself. Unfortunately I am low on funds at the moment, so I can't throw money at this proto.