don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    @Hinchy: Downloading now, thank you so much! Personally though, I think you should label the Game Over track as from Sonic 4.

2. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
  3. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    In the darkest of Sonic generations, all fags were sentenced to a kindled crucifixion, including egg-fag-bosses.

4. Tanks

Tanks

About the SFDs, I honestly just ran them through ffmpeg. Works great for me. Plus there's not much there. Biggest thing is they changed up is the music in the trailer. Might rip that later I guess. Just for the fun of it.

EDIT:

I ran it, posting results in a bit. In the mean time, enjoy the PMxx Dummy files pieced together.

5. I'm working on unlooping and normalizing all the tracks. I've gotten 52 of 'em done so far, and I'll tag 'em before I post.

6. Double post, but as promised:

Here's a 128 or 192 (I forget which) kbps version of 68 tracks from the Generations soundtrack (mostly new, some just different edits of existing songs). Each is ID3 tagged with album artwork and appropriate filenames. The songs were created by taking the intro, cutting in the loop, adding a second loop, and editing in an appropriate fade.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KEPB9QR1

Mirrors are welcome.

7. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Thank You so much for all these musics. I keep getting constant chills when listening them :P. Have not listened some songs in years and oh how much chills they give.

8. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Does anyone have a list of the credits for this game? I accidentally deleted the StaffRole video file, but I thought that they would keep the strings of the people's names separate. But when I looked inside StaffRoll.ar.00 the StaffRoll_list.fco file doesn't list any specific names.

9. Tanks

Tanks

Nope, there's no details within the credits vid either. We'll have to wait until someone gets a recording or we root through every single file.

10. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Are the cutscenes pre-rendered with in-game graphics like Colors, or are they staged in real time?

11. Tanks

Tanks

I'm thinking that myself... It really does seem like that, unless there's some magical cpk I haven't looked at yet containing more sfd files. I highly doubt it though.

Also, props to Trunks on that rip. Finally one worth iPoding. Was gonna do it myself, but alas, life. :P

12. Pffft, you think I have no life? I did it at work!

Don't tell my boss.

13. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    The scenes are pre-rendered.

14. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Uh, Nope. Chuck Testa.

There's like a total of 4 cutscenes that are prerendered. The rest are all done ingame.

15. The Sonic 3 tracks sound a lot like the PC versions to me...

I'm glad there's more remixes in there.

16. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    If you call passing a the midis through a cheap soundfont, yeah, more remixes. :P

17. Interesting how they left out the MJ ones again...

18. Travelsonic

Travelsonic

What do you guys make of the other tracks - like Toxic Cave from spinball, Diamond Dust act 1 from the Megadrive vers. of 3D Blast? They have some of the same feeling as the S3&K ones in terms of feeling like they're fed through a cheap soundfont, but something about DDZa1's sound just is ... fucking mesmerizing, so awesome - sounds like they put much more effort into it.

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I think that's just due to the original compositions being pretty awesome.

20. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    So, they're not pre-rendered liek Sonic Colors was?