don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. I've been watching a few playthrough videos on Youtube and wow, I agree that this soundtrack is ballin'. I can't wait for the soundtrack to actually come out in a few months.

Also, for whoever wanted to know who does the violins, most of the violin-heavy songs in Black Knight were done by Jun Senoue and/or Yutaka Minobe. Extrapolate from there.

2. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    I tried the new Demo #2 last night and it seemed easier to control than the original July demo. This is just based off memory though so judgment could be flawed.

3. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

So, I have to wonder. Will there be a bonus for collecting all the Red Rings?
    Since Super Sonic is unlocked after defeating the Final Boss.

4. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    There's an achievement, if that's what you're looking for.

5. Spoiler regarding the ending:
    Classic Tails just called him Robotnik, there we go, that's all we needed.

6. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Each Red Ring you collect unlocks a specific unlockable. Most of what I've seen seems to be artwork, but I've noticed one or two music tracks unlocking as well.

As for whether there's a specific bonus for when you get all of them, I have no idea.

7. Roybertito

Roybertito

Still alive, apparently. Member
    So, I've been lurking as usual, but now that the thread's not twenty thousand pages, I figured I'd give some demo input - yeah, I'm aware I'm late:

Classic Sonic
    -Physics are... almost there! What I've really noticed is that the level almost feels too... "big" for Sonic in a way. The loops are too large, the platforms are bigger than him, the bots are larger. Sonic seems tinier than he used to. Because of this, the jumps feel different, the loops feel very different, everything feels... slightly different. I know, we've seen smaller loops in the screenshots, I think things will get a bit better in later levels, but certainly things could use some slight tweaking if a sequel comes about.
    -Animations are excellent.
    -Why am I starting to like "X to spin dash"?

Modern Sonic
    -This has no right being this fun.
    -I mean, certainly it's not perfect, but for whatever reason this is crazy fun.
    -No seriously I've played Modern GHZ over and over and over trying to get better times, this is ridiculously fun.
    -Also, Sonic Adventure pose as the finish pose? Sega, you really do care.

I'm hoping HYPER SONIC.

8. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

GRAHHHHFHRHHRHRHRHH. I was right the first time. (contains final boss spoilers)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dJFPmUyk9E[/youtube]
    Pressing "Y" or "?" does switch Sonic's. Apparently, there is also a "fire shot" where the alternate Sonic charges at the Time Eater, however this move is not explained. I assume it's the "jump" button that does that, since the boost is in there.

Gosh, the ONE TIME we actually need Omochao...

9. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    I hate to be a downer but I'm just not enjoying the soundtrack as much as I thought I would, I'm really disappointed.
    The tracks that have been included from the MD and GBA, sound like someone has applied a stereo widening filter and left it at that, making them sound unclear and muddy. I have already said that I seriously dislike the Cash Cash remixes, I can't even stand to listen to end of them, so I won't go on about it. The level music itself is alright, I'm rather underwhelmed by it. Most it suffers from too much electric guitar, it's in tracks where it really doesn't belong, yet absent from tracks where it would be an improvement over the original synth. The choices for the unlockable tracks from the DC and modern era consist of songs I'd rather forget. An example is the Sonic Heroes Main Theme? Fuck, that's got to be one of the worst tunes in the history of the franchise, I don't want to be reminded of it.

10. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Classic Seaside Hill sounds like the SASASR/DS version of Seaside Hill...
    ...but it's likely due to the way the guitar sounds. And the bass. And the drums, a bit.

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah but your missing the hub world themes though. unless thats what you ment by target mixes.

Oh yeah and the boost version of the tracks. and whats up with the Power Sneakers versions? there like 30 seconds long then the rest of it is the classic version of that stage?

12. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    No, the hub world is the "Map Medley" but he missed the "Dummy Theme" after the target ones which is an unused remix of Green Hill.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Oh that, I was thinking more of seprate tracks for the map themes. the melody seems short to me.

14. ancara

ancara

I actually decided to mash the two together, to see how it'd turn out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yLMw1TUGd4

It ain't perfect, but I think they honestly fit pretty well, tbh. If anyone else who's better at mash-ups wants to try their hand too to see if they could do better, be my guest. :v:

Anywho, yeah.....after listenin' to this tune....it's def one of my favorites now.

15. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Hey guys, were those "Happy Birthday!" recordings made at SoS and Sonic Boom ever anywhere in the game? I can't even really remember if they intended that to be in Generations or not, but I think they were.

16. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    tee hee, Azukara.

17. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfGyP2q3TeU
    wait for the end of the credits.

EDIT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaO5fVjYjG0

What happened to this version of live and learn? I thought it would be in Generations but so far no sight of it. Hinchy, any sign of this version while you were ripping?

18. Ceej

Ceej

The closest I've come is that a looped version of Live and Learn plays
    when Sonic is fully charged during the Shadow rivals battle.
    Other than that, I can't think of a context where it would fit.

19. The fact that
    Classic Tails calls Dr. Eggman "Robotnik"
    made my day. :D

Also, after having seen a few videos of the cutscenes, I can understand why Sega decided Sonic should be silent, but considering Classic Tails and Eggman have lines, having Sonic not speak is an odd choice to me in hindsight. Sure, people would bitch incessantly because it'd either be "Not the right voice actor" or "Sonic never spoke before, he shouldn't now", but he should have had lines anyway.

20. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Don't know if this was posted yet, but...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvSaOcRmyt8