don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kori-Maru

Kori-Maru

Curien Mansion
    Project Sega Mugen for M.U.G.E.N
    #Spoilers# Funny how they mentioned previous games including the spinoffs. So that makes Chaotix canon =D. But we all know how the writers can be. Forgive me for the spoilers, I'm on my PS3 which is crappy.

2. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    *boom* headshot. First 5 day vacation given~

3. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Back from Best Buy, no luck. All they keep saying is "It's not out yet. The game is released November 1st.".

Hopefully I have better luck tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Because I get annoyed calling them too... For those of you who have gotten the game, have you called up and had them actually say "Yes, we have [game] in"? Because it seems no matter what I do, I get the exact same response.

4. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.

That's a weird way to give a va-OHMYGOD DON'T SHOOOT

Anyway, I guess it's time to start going into media blackouts for those who don't want to get spoiled, because things will only get worse until the release of the game, even worse for the European and PC users who have to wait until November 4th.

5. Right, from our source we obtained 4 tracks that were ripped with a cable going directly into their PC, these tracks are as follows:

Sky Sanctuary Act 2 (Modern) (The start is cut off a bit but loops for like 6 minutes)

Chemical Plant Act 2 (Modern)

Skill Shop (Sonic 2, 2 Player Remix)

Collection Room Menu (Sonic 3 File System Remix)

HOPEFULLY THIS WILL TIDE YOU OVER

http://www.mediafire.com/?87c54f2nmobgy5n

Credit to Hinchy for assistance.

6. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Thank you Jack and Hinchy! :D

7. diplomacydog

diplomacydog

What did I just read? Member
    South Carolina
    No :(
    Thanks so much! Its a wonderful taste

8. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    THANK YOU MUGIWARA

9. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    I hate to sound like a broken record, but mucho love to whoever YouTubes this stuff. I am on an iPad indefinitely and can't just download them.

10. Kori-Maru

Kori-Maru

Curien Mansion
    Project Sega Mugen for M.U.G.E.N
    Thanks so much. I would cream for Cream if someone rips Stardust Speedway Zone and Modern City Escape.

11. I'm on it like Sonic, will edit this post with YT links.

12. Oh wow, thanks so much for these! Great way to have a nice sample without spoiling the entire soundtrack before experiencing the songs in-game.

That piano in the S3&K File Select remix blew my fucking mind. So smooth/chill.

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Sonic 3 Multiplayer Remix has that wonderful jazzy lounge feel that made me love the Extras music in Sonic 06, just with a neat violin to match up with the rest of the Hub tunes and only about a billion times better. Loving the other tracks, of course.

Thank you guys so much. This made staying up worth it. :thumbsup:

14. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    The "Collection room" music is beyond words of lovely. I swear it would be the music if there was a Sonic restaurant.

15. Ceej

Ceej

Didn't get to play as much as I like but the challenges are freakin epic. I couldn't find them before because they don't show up until you beat Sky Sanctuary. Here's a taste.

One challenge involves racing Knuckles (who can glide) on Green Hill while an EPIC remix of Super Sonic Racing plays. and another on Chemical Plant involves Tails AIRLIFTING you over hazards while a remix of Balloon Park plays. It is harder to get S Ranks in challenge mode than regular acts. I can't wait to see the rest of them!

16. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    The Sonic 3 Menu remix is so fucking classy sounding, goddamn. I could loop that shit for awhile.

Thank you so much for these small samples, but one minor complaint: Sky Sanctuary Act 2 sounds like it starts in the middle. :S

17. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Good to hear that challenge mode is more difficult than the main stages, they seem really easy to S-rank.

18. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    You are my hero.

19. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Is the new section in Sky Sanctuary Modern's music from anything else? It doesn't sound instantly familiar, but with the way Generations has been doing things it's always good to check.

20. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    It's from the remix of Sky Sanctuary in Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.